E
Epistemes
Guest
I want to write a love letter to my girlfriend, but I don’t love her. That is, we haven’t yet said “I love you” to one another, and I must admit that I’m afraid to even though I really like her and care for her greatly. I guess we have what is considered to be a long distance relationship and have only met in person once - our second meeting will be this weekend when we spend all Valentine’s weekend together. We talk on the phone, by text and chatting online several times a day and so I feel very emotionally connected to her as a result of this, but not only am I afraid to say “I love you” (is it too early yet?) but I can’t even compose a love letter because how can I say all those typical things that go into love letters when our relationship hasn’t developed to that level yet? Don’t get me wrong. I do love her and I want to tell her - in fact, I had a dream last night that I told her “I love you” on the phone (our first I love you) and knew that I had ruined it because I should’ve waited until we were together - but, again, it just seems like now isn’t the right time. Things in a long distance relationship seem to take more time even though we’re closer emotionally than I’ve ever been with anyone. Most relationships have that physical barrier which need to be crossed, but she and I have avoided that for the better, I think. I just wanted to write her a love letter for Valentine’s Day, but I don’t know what to say or how to say it. Maybe I ought to pray about it and write from the spirit and less from the heart.