D
DSF
Guest
Yesterday’s Oprah featured the cast of “Sex and the City”. When the cast came on stage they received a very warm welcome from Oprah and her audience. Not long into the appearance, Oprah mentioned that one of the actresses had “fallen in love with a woman” and wanted to know more about the situation.
It was proclaimed that “love is love” and it “didn’t matter if the person was a man or a woman” - the actress was in love! The crowd cheered and everyone was so happy for her. I couldn’t watch anymore and turned the channel.
I am writing about this incident because only a few weeks ago, Oprah proclaimed on t.v. that she is a Christian. I am confused - or maybe she is. I am concerned because she is obviously such an influential figure and I can’t help but wonder how many of our Catholic and Christian brothers and sisters were in that audience cheering these people on.
Another point of confusion is that Oprah is an ardent Obama supporter. We know that he supports abortion. Again, how can she call herself a Christian?
It was proclaimed that “love is love” and it “didn’t matter if the person was a man or a woman” - the actress was in love! The crowd cheered and everyone was so happy for her. I couldn’t watch anymore and turned the channel.
I am writing about this incident because only a few weeks ago, Oprah proclaimed on t.v. that she is a Christian. I am confused - or maybe she is. I am concerned because she is obviously such an influential figure and I can’t help but wonder how many of our Catholic and Christian brothers and sisters were in that audience cheering these people on.
Another point of confusion is that Oprah is an ardent Obama supporter. We know that he supports abortion. Again, how can she call herself a Christian?