Yet another Democrat leader tells people to stay home for Christmas, then announces she will travel to visit her relatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

. . . .

Staying home for thee, but not for me.

December 24, 2020

Yet another Democrat leader tells people to stay home for Christmas, then announces she will travel to visit her relatives​

By Thomas Lifson

Democrat leaders like Governors Gavin Newsom, Andrew Cuomo, Gretchen Whitmer, and J.B. Pritzker; Mayors Lori Lightfoot and London Breed; and now Mecklenburg (Charlotte), North Carolina county executive Dena Diorio have all exposed themselves as outright hypocrites and elitists by telling ordinary people to obey restrictions on their personal freedoms while flouting those same limitations themselves. It is as if some madness has gripped Democrat elected officials, compelling them to flaunt their contempt for those they are supposed to lead and their belief that they alone are capable of making rational decisions about which risks to take, while the ignorant sheep must be told what to do and constrained.

Yesterday, in a virtual news conference, county executive Dena Diorio made a fool of herself by telling county residents to stay home for Christmas and then, under questioning, admitting that she would be traveling by car to Durham (142 miles) to spend Christmas with her family. . . .

Why didn’t she tell her constituents to follow the same sort of decision-making? That’s a perfectly sensible process that adults are capable of reasoning their own way through. . .

. . . It is clear to me that elected Democrats tend to think of themselves as endowed with superior wisdom and regard their constituents as children, needing a firm hand, incapable of making key decisions for themselves.

Tucker talked about this phenomenon long before corona (COVID-19 type) virus was upon us . . .
48.png
Tucker: Hypocrisy is the heart of modern liberalism World News
Tucker: Hypocrisy is the heart of modern liberalism . May. 10, 2018 - 6:30 - Tucker: In the wake of Eric Schneiderman’s resignation as New York attorney general, some of his longtime allies on the left are professing shock. It doesn’t make sense, they say. But of course it makes perfect sense. Self-righteousness is always a marker for secret creepiness. #Tucker

Last edited:
As I always say, I have no problem whatsoever with these people visiting their families. Family time is a great thing. But the edicts they force on “other people” is inconsistent with what their actions indicate. Depriving “other people” of family time is vicious, especially since it’s, apparently, for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back