Yet another Invalid Marriage Question!

  • Thread starter Thread starter dsjd1969
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dsjd1969

Guest
I am having my marriage convalidated in the new year. can I goto to confession and confess my marriage situation and then recieve the eucharist before the convalidation?

Until that time we will be living as virtually brother and sister.
 
I am having my marriage convalidated in the new year. can I goto to confession and confess my marriage situation and then recieve the eucharist before the convalidation?

Until that time we will be living as virtually brother and sister.
You should be talking to the Priest who will be doing the convalidation and working with him.He will help you discern whether you can receive absolution at this time.
 
There is also the question of whether receiving Communion will give scandal (give the impression that something sinful is being condoned). This must be decided with your pastor. If others in your parish think you are having marital relations outside marriage and see you receiving Communion, this could be a problem. Talk with your pastor. (I have heard that some priests would recommend living as brother and sister and receiving Communion at a different parish where nobody is aware of your living circumstances, in order to avoid scandal.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top