You and Those In Heaven

  • Thread starter Thread starter water
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

water

Guest
I was wondering what each of us - Catholic and Non-Catholic think of your relationship between you and those Holy Souls in Heaven.
 
I always think this is a funny sticking point for Protestants because of this:
DR Bible:
Revelations Chapter 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat on the throne. 8 And when he had opened the book, the four living creatures, and the four and twenty ancients fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints: 9 And they sung a new canticle, saying: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to take the book, and to open the seals thereof; because thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God, in thy blood, out of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation. 10 And hast made us to our God a kingdom and priests, and we shall reign on the earth.
 
I pester the saints a lot. Especially St. Francis and St. Anthony (I loose a lot of things around here).
 
I’m the only one who voted for #2, so far. If we “needed them”, if we didn’t “only need God”, then the thief on the cross would be in hell and so would a lot of other people who know Christ but don’t pray to the saints.
<>
McKevin
 
I’m the only one who voted for #2, so far. If we "needed them", if we didn’t “only need God”, then the thief on the cross would be in hell and so would a lot of other people who know Christ but don’t pray to the saints.
<>
McKevin
St. Dismus has no place in your argument. He repented and turned to Christ in the last moments of his life.

So You advocate being lawless until the last moment of your life?

How does this prove anything may I ask?

Only need God. Not our sisters and brothers as well. Why? Is it because THey are dead and can not hear us. ??? :confused: Or because you dont believe in heaven?

Where is St. Dismus now? HA HA HA. Hardly dead is he? 😃
He is my brother just as much as you, even more so since I know where he is now.
 
St. Dismus has no place in your argument. He repented and turned to Christ in the last moments of his life.

So You advocate being lawless until the last moment of your life?

How does this prove anything may I ask?

Only need God. Not our sisters and brothers as well. Why? Is it because THey are dead and can not hear us. ??? :confused: Or because you dont believe in heaven?

Where is St. Dismus now? HA HA HA. Hardly dead is he? 😃
He is my brother just as much as you, even more so since I know where he is now.
Damascus,

My position is that the thief on the cross (St. Dismus? - I’m a newbie to the faith and didn’t know his name) did not need to know the saints…most of the saints we pray to did not even exist then. The thief on the cross only needed to trust in Jesus, and so do we.

As for heaven, one of my favorite scriptures is Philippians 3:20 and my absolutely favorite hymn is “When We All Get To Heaven”

“But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we also await a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”

library.timelesstruths.org/music/When_We_All_Get_to_Heaven/

I believe praying to the saints is beneficial but not needed for salvation.

BTW, I like your screen name…it reminds me of Saul’s encounter on the road to Damascus!
<>
McKevin
 
I was wondering what each of us - Catholic and Non-Catholic think of your relationship between you and those Holy Souls in Heaven.
The Church Triumphant + The Church Suffering + The Church Militent = The Communion Of Saints. See my signature
 
Isn’t it so sad to realize how much those saints in Heaven are praying and looking after us, and we down here are thinking that we don’t need them.

If you think you never need your family, then never ask your family members to pray for you when you are in trouble. Why bother to ask your brothers and friends to pray for you if you say you don’t need them?

Why do you think those saints in Heaven are dead and can’t hear your prayer if God says He is God of the Living not of the Dead? Are you implying that He is your God and not of those Holy Saints in Heaven?

God want us to love each other. In a family, we care for us. Remember that we have not only a family on Earth but a big family in Heaven.

God creates us to love one another. Those non-catholic Christians believe that we are, while on earth, considering ourselves saints, yet we have no relationship with those in Heaven.

If Jesus is the tree and we are branch, then what those Holy Saints in Heaven are? Aren’t they branches also? I am sure they are. If they are branches, how could one say we don’t need them?

I hate to say this but I believe that some non-Catholic - not because they think the Bible does not say this say that but with big pride - they don’t see their relationship with those in Heaven. God want us to love one another - I am sure He never excludes those Saints in Heaven.
 
Damascus,
My position is that the thief on the cross (St. Dismus? - I’m a newbie to the faith and didn’t know his name) did not need to know the saints
Well, To be honest, there were many factors in my choice of screen name.

You are very right to bring up Paul now. Meditate on why that has relevance now.

Godspeed brother!

Many years and many prayers.
 
QUOTE=McKevin;1686744]OK, I thought about it and Saul ran in to Jesus on the road to Damascus, not a saint.
You meditate by Evelyn Wood?

Um, are you insinuating Paul is not a saint?
So what’s your point?
God Bless you,
You will miss it the way you are knocking on the door. You must truly wish to seek, pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you, meditate and …

Think about Paul and his journey. Dont look for obvious answers, just re trace who he wrote to, what his role was, how it all came about, and what he did -

I could go into specifics, but I want YOU to come to him without MY quoting scripture at you, which I think results in missing the big picture (not to mention a derailment of the thread)

Think about Paul tonight, I will pray for you as well. I know you will see it.
 
I’m the only one who voted for #2, so far. If we “needed them”, if we didn’t “only need God”, then the thief on the cross would be in hell and so would a lot of other people who know Christ but don’t pray to the saints.
<>
McKevin
Problem is, McKevin, you list on your profile that you are Roman Catholic. The Communion of Saints and their intercession is an article of faith with which you MUST believe or you are not in communion. So it isn’t really optional you see. Not for Roman Catholics.
 
You meditate by Evelyn Wood?

Um, are you insinuating Paul is not a saint?
You will miss it the way you are knocking on the door. You must truly wish to seek, pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you, meditate and …

Think about Paul and his journey. Dont look for obvious answers, just re trace who he wrote to, what his role was, how it all came about, and what he did -

I could go into specifics, but I want YOU to come to him without MY quoting scripture at you, which I think results in missing the big picture (not to mention a derailment of the thread)

Think about Paul tonight, I will pray for you as well. I know you will see it.

You are really killing me…who is Evelyn Wood? Also, it was Saul (not yet St. Paul) on the Road to Damascus and he met Jesus! His salvation was in Christ and so is mine.

As far as Paul and his journey, I’m lost…if you have scripture that you want to share without de-railing the thread then please send me a personal message…otherwise there is no way I am going to follow your lead.

Thx!
<>
McKevin
 
Problem is, McKevin, you list on your profile that you are Roman Catholic. The Communion of Saints and their intercession is an article of faith with which you MUST believe or you are not in communion. So it isn’t really optional you see. Not for Roman Catholics.
Thanks for your observation. However, your presumption is wrong. I do have communion with the saints.

But I believe that those who don’t either (1) have the opportunity or (2) don’t understand the necessity (like protestants), that they can still receive salvation like the thief on the cross did! That’s why I say that a person doesn’t *need *this…

Peace!
<>
McKevin
 
Thanks for your observation. However, your presumption is wrong. I do have communion with the saints.

But I believe that those who don’t either (1) have the opportunity or (2) don’t understand the necessity (like protestants), that they can still receive salvation like the thief on the cross did! That’s why I say that a person doesn’t need this…

Peace!
<>
McKevin
God Bless you Mc Kevin, for testing my patience and helping me to curb my outbursts.

You see, you ignored what I asked you to do.

You must not try to find the answers to all in a single minute. Please re-read my posts and lets try this again tomorrow?
 
God Bless you Mc Kevin, for testing my patience and helping me to curb my outbursts.

You see, you ignored what I asked you to do.

You must not try to find the answers to all in a single minute. Please re-read my posts and lets try this again tomorrow?
If I could say only one prayer, it would be to Christ and not to a saint, eh?
<>
McKevin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top