You and Those In Heaven

  • Thread starter Thread starter water
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

With all due respect to the OP I think the question is poorly worded. Both option #1 and #2 are completely in line with Catholic orthodoxy.
For a good reason, #2 is for both Catholic and Non-Catholic. That was my intention of asking for both groups and I am not targeting just one. šŸ™‚
 
For a good reason, #2 is for both Catholic and Non-Catholic. That was my intention of asking for both groups and I am not targeting just one. šŸ™‚
I guess that’s why, as a new Catholic, I chose #2.

šŸ™‚

Hey ā€œWaterā€ here’s the lyrics to the song, that I mis-quoted a bit on the other thread. It’s a great praise song!

Step Into The Water

O step into the water
wade out a little bit deeper
wet your feet in the water of his blood
O step into the water
wade out a little bit deeper
come join angels singing
praises to the lamb of God

It’s time we the people
stand up for what is right
it’s time we squared our shoulders back
and raised our swords to fight
for the Bible is my weapon
and the Spirit is my shield
the church needs more members
to be workers in the field

O step into the water
wade out a little bit deeper
wet your feet in the water of his blood
O step into the water
wade out a little bit deeper
come join angels singing
praises to the lamb of God

There’s victory for the Christian
who walks the narrow way
there’s been a prize appointed
for the soul who does not stray
O I want to live for Jesus
and be all that I should be
so that I can rest with him forever
and live eternally

O step into the water
wade out a little bit deeper
wet your feet in the water of his blood
O step into the water
wade out a little bit deeper
come join angels singing
praises to the lamb of God
<>
McKevin
 
I guess that’s why, as a new Catholic, I chose #2.

šŸ™‚

Hey ā€œWaterā€ here’s the lyrics to the song, that I mis-quoted a bit on the other thread. It’s a great praise song!
Step Into The Water

Thanks McKevin - The lyrics are nice, I like singing šŸ™‚

well,

O step into the water,
How deep could the water be?
Alone? how could I do it?
O keep stepping into the water,
With faith and rightenousness,
With the Word and armor of God,
With the whole Heaven on my side.

Now, I shall dive into the water! šŸ™‚
 
Step Into The Water

Thanks McKevin - The lyrics are nice, I like singing šŸ™‚

well,

O step into the water,
How deep could the water be?
Alone? how could I do it?
O keep stepping into the water,
With faith and rightenousness,
With the Word and armor of God,
With the whole Heaven on my side.

Now, I shall dive into the water! šŸ™‚
Nice. :clapping: :clapping: :tiphat:
 
If I could say only one prayer, it would be to Christ and not to a saint, eh?
<>
McKevin
😃 Yes McKevin. Agreed. However I hope we will be in a state of grace when that moment comes, and we dont know when that will be more often than not.

I think we agree but the post is targeting a large audience.

I wish there were more responses!

Its a good thread.

And I forgot to say I am so happy you are a new Catholic. Its very nice to hear.

šŸ™‚
 
McKevin,
First…Evelyn Woods taught a speed reading course…I think what the poster is saying is to slow down and contemplate the reading not to read it in a rush and answer right away. This isn’t a race!

Second, I understand what you are saying but there is a bit of false logic here. If you only had time for one prayer… would you end it, ā€œIn the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?ā€ or would you end it, ā€œIn Jesus name?ā€ Amen? Also, why couldn’t you address it to more than 1 person? I constantly ask for assistance from both Jesus and his Blessed Mother… That doesn’t mean I am worshipping her, she is part of the communion of saints.
 
The greatest image I have of Christendom is the whole set of all those Christians that have ever been alive on Earth sitting around a gigantic feasting table telling tales of their Christian lives. We are after all one family. Certainly if I need help, I ask my family members for help. Mother Mary, St. Elisabeth, St. Jude, St. Thomas…

But of course, it would be wrong to say that without all of our family we would not get into heaven. They help, but Jesus perseveres.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top