You have something on your head

  • Thread starter Thread starter LilyElain
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the comments about Lenten Specials, fish sandwiches, etc, I have to ask a question. Is anyone else bugged that “Red Lobster” has a Lobster Fest during Lent? It just seems so wrong to me that anyone would go have lobster during Lent and they have this big Lobster Fest to try to get people through the doors. I love lobster and would like to see a Lobster Fest ANY other time of the year, but they have it during Lent all the time. It really bugs me, since I feel too guilty to eat there during Lent.:mad:

I guess I should just continue to do what my mother always suggested: “Offer it up.”
Well they are just trying to maximize profitability. Bottomline they have to run a business.

On the plus side… Red Lobster is at best, mediocre seafood. I don’t like eating there.
 
Well they are just trying to maximize profitability. Bottomline they have to run a business.

On the plus side… Red Lobster is at best, mediocre seafood. I don’t like eating there.
True, I do realize that it is considered fast food seafood, but it is still seafood. My hubby doesn’t like seafood of any kind, so we never have it at home except during Lent (and I’m not sure I consider fish fillets “seafood” but just plain fish, though that is just my mindset, which is likely wrong since fish comes from the sea) and we do not go out for it. Because I like most any food, that means I go where others choose or prefer to go because I can always find something I like on any menu.

I have only eaten at Red Lobster maybe 3 times in the last 15 years or so, met a friend for lunch there twice, so it really isn’t a big deal, but it still bugs me that they run a lobster special during Lent. If they had a Lobster Fest any other time except Lent, I might go there a little more often, but with girlfriends, rather than with hubby and our friends.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top