Young male saving virginity for marriage into chastity

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarkJones
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkJones

Guest
Am I normal for this? I feel like society pressures guys to flaunt around. But I am happy remaining a virgin until I am married but also I am very loyal and faithful and even willing to wear a chastity belt for my partner. Is that something that may be too much? or would some women respect that.
 
The Church has made it pretty clear that Sexual Relations, outside of the confines of marriage, are considered sinful.

Moving forward, I would suggest speaking to your Priest as well as reading the Catechism and St. John Paul II “Theology of the Body”.
even willing to wear a chastity belt for my partner. Is that something that may be too much?
Yes, that’s excessive. Chastity belts are considered abuse.
 
Am I normal for this?
Probably not by modern society’s standards. But you were made to stand out not blend in! You’re doing the right thing…I don’t think a chastity belt is necessary, though.
 
even willing to wear a chastity belt for my partner. Is that something that may be too much?
Yes, that is overboard.

Christians refraining from sex outside of marriage is the norm. Some people sin, and God forgives and they move on.
 
Am I normal for this?
You are faithful to God for this. You are doing the right thing.

“Normal” isn’t the right word.
I feel like society pressures guys to flaunt around.
And although it is difficult when you are young, please know that what society thinks is really worth nothing.

Society isn’t who saved you from your sins. Society isn’t who died on the cross for you. Society isn’t the author of the moral law.
But I am happy remaining a virgin until I am married but also I am very loyal and faithful
That is wonderful.
even willing to wear a chastity belt for my partner. Is that something that may be too much?
Yes, it is.
or would some women respect that.
Mark, be prudent in all things. That isn’t prudent.
 
I don’t know about anyone else but I am probably one of the vary few women who would respect that you wait until you are married to have sex , but if you feel like you need to wear a chastity belt to not commit the sin of sex outside marriage I 👏 you for this but overall it’s your choice to wear one or not.
 
My girlfriend and I are waiting until we are married. My brother and his wife waited as well.

Just because someone waits doesn’t make them better than someone else. Don’t get prideful and flaunt your purity. Also - being pure while single is much easier than when in a serious relationship
 
Last edited:
At least during the Medieval, they seem not to have been. They are not attested from that era.

They seem to have been a later stereotype of the alleged earlier sexual repression.

ICXC NIKA
 
I’m sure that women who are trying to stay pure themselves will respect a man who is doing the same.

However, the chastity belt is excessive and would come off as weird. You should be able to control yourself without needing to resort to that.

And as someone else said, don’t get prideful about it.
 
I think setting boundaries (avoiding occasions for sin) and respecting the other person is enough. I also think it is a testimony these days when most people think chastity is outdated to act in a different way. Above all, we should keep our salvation and that of the other person in mind. Prayers go a long way in helping us achieve such goals.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top