D
DaveBj
Guest
Dr. Beverly Crusher (ST-NG). I’d have high blood pressure every time she checked it 
DaveBj
DaveBj
As a little girl I loved Ben Casey much more than Dr. Kildare. Why, I have no idea; perhaps Kildare looked too much like a boy and Casey looked like a man. I know I tried hyperventilating at Mass one day hoping they’d take me to the hospital and I’d have someone like Ben Casey treat me.Back in the day, I had crushes on Dr. Steven Kiley played by James Brolin (Marcus Welby, M.D.) and Dr. Joe Gannon played by Chad Everett (Medical Center). I thought both were just too cute.
Yes, I guess some think me a bit old, since I’m sure some of the younger posters are thinking “Who?” .![]()
![]()
![]()
.
Between the two of us, with you mentioning Dr. Casey and Dr. Kildare and me mentioning Dr. Kiley and Dr. Gannon, I’m pretty sure we really have the younger folks around here asking “Who???” For you folks who don’t know, Casey/Kildare, were characters of early 1960s television (I think). I remember watching Kiley/Gannon in the early, maybe mid 70s. Could have run in the late 60s too. I know some of the characters mentioned (Hawkeye Pierce, for example) are of the same vintage, early 70s and beyond, but their shows can be seen in reruns quite readily, so they may not be unknowns to younger people. I don’t think I’ve ever seen “Marcus Welby, M.D.” or “Medical Center” in syndication, though.As a little girl I loved Ben Casey much more than Dr. Kildare. Why, I have no idea; perhaps Kildare looked too much like a boy and Casey looked like a man. …
But Dr. Brackett was quite likeable on that show. As was Dr. Early but he was much older.I just thought of another character from another show I liked, but he isn’t exactly a doctor. I liked Randolph Mantooth, as paramedic John Gage on “Emergency” too.
Dr. Kildare & Ben Casey ran from 61-66Between the two of us, with you mentioning Dr. Casey and Dr. Kildare and me mentioning Dr. Kiley and Dr. Gannon, I’m pretty sure we really have the younger folks around here asking “Who???” For you folks who don’t know, Casey/Kildare, were characters of early 1960s television (I think). I remember watching Kiley/Gannon in the early, maybe mid 70s. Could have run in the late 60s too.
You’re right! I forgot the docs (and nurse Dixie too) at the hospital in that show, but they were good too!But Dr. Brackett was quite likeable on that show. As was Dr. Early but he was much older.
J.D. from Scrubs.
My first thought was J.D… When I saw the OP, I thought Dr. Hibbert was a good choice. But after seeing Mirdath’s post, I will have to go with Zoidberg.And, of course, Drs. Farnsworth and Zoidberg!
The second one, The Beast With a Billion Backs came out in July, but I haven’t seen it yet. I think another one is due out before Christmas with the fourth one due out in the spring. Each of the four direct-to-DVD movies is about an hour and a half long, and they will be spliced up in order to come up with a 16 episode season that will be on Comedy Central.I know the first new one, Bender’s Big Score, is out – it’s quite good (and about an hour long, I think). Don’t know the schedule for the follow-ups.
Oh boy, you just jogged a VERY deeply suppressed memory with that one.Anyone remember Ramar of the Jungle in which Dr. Thomas Reynolds is a medical researcher in Africa? It was one of my childhood favorites.
Oh, I remember that one very well. Watched it all the time. Doc was a veterinarian. The theme is available on iMesh.Oh boy, you just jogged a VERY deeply suppressed memory with that one.
Mine is a bit tangential since it’s not a medical doctor - but there was a TV series in the 60s called Daktari, set in Africa as well. It was set on a game preserve, but the main character did have a doctorate of some kind.
If we’re talking vets I’d have to say James Herriot, but I don’t believe he ever did have a doctorate (it was always 'Mr ‘Erriot’ if I remember rightly)Oh, I remember that one very well. Watched it all the time. Doc was a veterinarian. The theme is available on iMesh.
Surgeons in the United Kingdom are addressed as Mr, Mrs or Miss, not Doctor, and Veterinary surgeons in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland have adopted the same practice.If we’re talking vets I’d have to say James Herriot, but I don’t believe he ever did have a doctorate (it was always 'Mr ‘Erriot’ if I remember rightly)