Your peace gets robbed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter water
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

water

Guest
I was wondering if anyone of you who discusses in this particular forum ’ Apologetics’ feels like some discussions rob your peace?
 
I was wondering if anyone of you who discusses in this particular forum ’ Apologetics’ feels like some discussions rob your peace?
Not in the sense that engaging with other points of view makes me doubt my own - it doesn’t normally, I’m usually too hard-headed for that.

Of course when I see someone who seems to be really misguided or else who is really getting jumped on harshly by a number of people it worries me.
 
Not in the sense that engaging with other points of view makes me doubt my own - it doesn’t normally, I’m usually too hard-headed for that.
That’s true. I think it pushes us to pray even more.
Of course when I see someone who seems to be really misguided or else who is really getting jumped on harshly by a number of people it worries me.
I am sometimes worried about myself for saying things that I am not supposed to.
 
Not really. If anything it makes me all the more sure that I am right where The Almighty wants me to be because I see how weak and twisted the arguments against out most holy faith really are.

And it’s always the same stuff. There are no new attacks on the faith. They were answered 500 years ago and the same answers are valid today, just as the same oppositions are voiced by the step children of the reformation as if they have discovered something.

My peace is from humbly doing what I can for the Body of Christ. In this case helping Catholics find the answers to people who are misguided and intent on leading them away from the fullness of truth.

The rest is prayer. It also makes me cry tears of gratitude for the wonderful miracle of the Eucharist when I go to Mass.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
(The peace of the Lord be always with you.) 🙂
 
I ended up posting here as a result of having my peace robbed-- what I mean is, the first time someone asked me a question about my faith I could not answer.

I very soon figured out that no matter how bad the accusation sounded- no matter how indefensible, there is always an answer. I very quickly relaxed and thought to myself how much more wonderful and deep was the Faith of the Catholic Church than I knew. Here I was in my own little bubble of belief, without any understanding of how magical and beautiful the big picture is.

So no, it doesn’t rob me of peace anymore. It provides a forum to discuss belief and to learn more. I relish a new question-- it provokes study!!
🙂
Nihil desperandum!
 
I was wondering if anyone of you who discusses in this particular forum ’ Apologetics’ feels like some discussions rob your peace?
what kind of discussion are you referring to?:confused:
 
I was wondering if anyone of you who discusses in this particular forum ’ Apologetics’ feels like some discussions rob your peace?
It would be even more interestng to see that poll broken down by gender. 👍
 
I voted “yes” because it really upsets me to see one group of Catholics ranting against another group of Catholics because of their style of worship. I can handle the nc rants. But when one group in our own Church is pitted against another, I know this is wrong.
 
Very good poll. I love everything Catholic and I’d love to hug Christ all the time, but I feel Protestants drive me batty.

They either [generalised]…


  1. *]Do not listen
    *]Repeat outcontexted verses
    *]Go foaming mad with accusations
    *]Are constantly overly skeptical
    *]Send their Holy Spirits to beat up our Holy Spirits
    *]Are sometimes very uncharitable
    *]Produce a Catholic-Protestant War within a single email/thread with seemingly no regard for Christ
    *]Use the worst of websites for proof
    *]Don’t want real dialogue; just keep picking apart your responses
    *]Spew out anti-Catholic points and their “proofs” but doesn’t respond to the replies given by Catholics
    So there we have it. This and many more reasons make talking with Protestants and other non-Christians a rather non-joyous affair. I understand that Protestants are trying to convert Catholics, but I’d rather shoot myself in the head than convert to their manmade weirdness. I am sick, sick, sick, of how much they insult me. I can’t get the memory of the Salvation Army lady out of my head. She approached me and said “Are you aware that they constantly sacrifice Christ?” to which I snapped… [Yes, I know. I lost my temper.] “Look, we are both Christians! Leave me alone.”

    Though, I was tempted to say something nasty. Like “Oh really? Did you know that your church constantly relies on the Bible alone though the Bible wasn’t available during Jesus’ time?”

    [sighs] Oy. I guess this rant helped. :cool:
 
I didn’t have peace.
Came to the forum with questions.
Got my answers.

Now, I have peace. 🙂

Peace be with you.
 
what kind of discussion are you referring to?:confused:
I am sorry to confuse you, but it is about any discussion. Does it ever shake your belief? do some hash conversation give you headache? Do you feel sad to see people arguing with no love? Do you feel sad to see others don’t see the truth?

Thanks!
 
I am sorry to confuse you, but it is about any discussion. Does it ever shake your belief? !
Not really.
do some hash conversation give you headache?
Yes all the time. I wish they could be more of a cool intillectual thing.
Do you feel sad to see people arguing with no love?
Yes. It is sad when people come to argue just to argue and not really to come out of it with something (weather they are right or wrong on an issue.
Do you feel sad to see others don’t see the truth?
Yeah.
 
Not really. If anything it makes me all the more sure that I am right where The Almighty wants me to be because I see how weak and twisted the arguments against out most holy faith really are.

And it’s always the same stuff. Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.
(The peace of the Lord be always with you.) 🙂
I agree. The arguments usually devolve into the same-old, same-old. Although, you might want to translate as you did here for the fellow who kept complaining about not understanding Latin.:whacky:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top