Your recommendation needed!

  • Thread starter Thread starter barbfromtucson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barbfromtucson

Guest
Hi everyone,

In July, I’m going on an Alaskan cruise with Michael W. Smith and friends. I’m looking forward to it, as I’ve been on an Alaskan cruise before and loved it, and am a big fan of “Smitty”.

Half the ship is going to be other Smitty fans, many of them who are Protestant.

I’ve been to other Christian events and most of the time, everything is pretty cool. But once in a blue moon, I encounter a fundamentalist who’s anti-Catholic and wants to ‘convert’ me. I do encounter others who are Christian, but not necessarily anti-Catholic but have questions about our faith.

I know my Faith pretty well, and as time goes on, I get better and better at defending and/or explaining my Faith but still have some ‘sticky’ points.

Can anyone recommend a good book for me to read that’s very understandable?

Thanks!!!

Barbara
 
**Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The Attack on “Romanism” by “Bible Christians” **
by Karl Keating
 
Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic: Books: David B. Currie helped me understand and defend the faith when I converted.

On a side note, as the only Catholic in my family, I have learned to say “Let’s just agree to disagree” alot and “Catholics are Christian, in fact, we were the first Christians.”

I could go through the entire argument with you, but it all comes down to one fact, we all believe the Christ and salvation through Christ.

Enjoy the Cruise…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top