I would’ve realized, even in sixth grade, that to base my beliefs about life, both now and after death, on a fictional character who goes around catching fictional animals is absurd.
Well, I guess you can call me a “Pokémon atheist”, one who believe in atheism for an inane reason (e.g. The Pokémon anime endorsed it because it never mentioned religion although it never explicitly mentioned atheism)

.
But on a more serious note, why does any of you people on this message board base your beliefs on life, both now and the alleged afterlife, on the Bible, the Catechism, and the Magisterium, I think to do that is absurd as basing your beliefs on your worldview on Ash Ketchum.
Regarding my own beliefs, I am an empiricist. Sense data tells me that I have no reason to believe life is anything beyond a throng of molecules that are undergoing Darwinian evolution. I also perceive no evidence of the afterlife too.
It’s Pokémon! It’s Pokémon!!! Not “Pokeman” or “Pokemon”! To do that would be similar to a chemist writing “para-dichlorobenzene” instead of “
para-dichlorobenzene”. A similar error is repeated here:
catholic.com/thisrock/2003/0309fea3.asp
It’s
cis fatty acids, not cis fatty acids, and
trans fatty acid, not trans fatty acid.I guess the reviewer did not have a handbook from IUPAC. He correctly pointed out that
trans, in general, would be favored under usual conditions over
cis. These are different rules than when one deals with enantiomers because* cis* isomers are not favored in organic synthesis because of steric hinderence.
“On the whole, biochemistry has proven as depressing for Darwinists as the fossil record.”
Robin Bernhoft, you should talk to Gerald Joyce and David Bartel and read their work.

(Click on the polymerase ribozyme in my sig would be a start

) Also, Stryer’s
Biochemistry (available online) provides evidence for evolution in the context of biochemistry as predicted from the processes of divergent evolution. In addition, we get to appreciate the wonderful design in nature; I really like the way how some bacteria
inhibit translocation in the eukaryotic ribosome so it inhibits protein synthesis. Thank you intelligent designer

. I also like the
mechanism on how cholera toxin interferes with signal transduction by inhibiting the hydrolysis of GTP in the G-protein causing adenylate cyclase to keep converting ATP to cAMP.
It goes to show that biochemistry isn’t all about beauty: it’s survival of the fittest, too.
It’s Evolution Baby! (warning: video might be quite graphic).