You've Got it Down to a Formula

• Thread starter Thread starter Juxtaposer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Jux! I sure wish you were in my Catechism class! If you come into the Church, your zeal for God and Truth will set the place ablaze with the Holy Spirit. If you don’t come in, you will at least know that Catholics are not just rusty robots doomed to blind, unquestioning obedience, without reasons for our faith. I hope that the love of Christ and his Kingdom we all share is evident here, and that our sense of fellowship with you is strong. After all, you’re not asking questions that any good Catholic shouldn’t be asking for himself!

Don’t Lutherans have similar rules concerning sacraments, especially Baptism? I was interested a while back in the attempt among Lutherans to restore sacramental confession. . . . But that’s another thread.

I forget which brand of Lutheranism you come from? AFLC? ELCA? ECCL? LCMS? WELS? Would it matter for these discussions?

Dearest Fidelis

QUOTE : As Thomas a’ Kempis says in The Imitation of Christ, It is better to feel contrition than to know how to define it.

How right you are. The search for knowledge doesn’t always lead to a love of Christ, the possession of a Bible and all the truths therein does not guarantee love of Christ. To know everything doesn’t mean you will love christ. It is not necessary to know much, IT IS NECESSARY TO LOVE MUCH

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back