Zimbabwe, beautiful land; Mugabe, dictator

  • Thread starter Thread starter maireteresa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maireteresa

Guest
I’m prompted to let people know that our brothers and sisters in Zimbabwe, Southern Africa, are suffering greatly at the hands of Robert Mugabe.
Mugabe is a Catholic who was a good guy, but due to power going to his head or some organic brain changes, he is now oppressing his people to the extent that half of them are starving.
If you want to explore further, check out the following website
sokwanele.com/index.html
Now I cannot vouch for the ‘Catholicity’ of this organization, I am putting it on there so that we can learn more about this. Perhaps our hearts can be touched.
My sister lives in Zimbabwe, she is a religious and does what she can to alleviate suffering.
But this Superpower we live in, needs to help this country. GWB needs to go after this Dictator (diplomatically of course).
maireteresa
 
40.png
maireteresa:
Mugabe is a Catholic who was a good guy, but due to power going to his head or some organic brain changes, he is now oppressing his people to the extent that half of them are starving.
OK. So hands up all those who didn’t see this coming.

GWB will do whatever his masters tell him. Nobody lifted a finger to prevent the ethnic cleansing of white farmers from Zim which was often effected by the most wicked tortures and murders. It barely even made the newspapers in the ‘free and democratic west’.

And who put Mugabe in power? There’s a lot more to that story than demographics will tell you.

No doubt, when the time is ripe, someone will want to cash in their chips; and that will be the moment for GWB to act.

.
 
40.png
judicame:
OK. So hands up all those who didn’t see this coming.

GWB will do whatever his masters tell him. Nobody lifted a finger to prevent the ethnic cleansing of white farmers from Zim which was often effected by the most wicked tortures and murders. It barely even made the newspapers in the ‘free and democratic west’.

And who put Mugabe in power? There’s a lot more to that story than demographics will tell you.

No doubt, when the time is ripe, someone will want to cash in their chips; and that will be the moment for GWB to act.

.
Okay, I’ll bite. Exactly who are GWB’s “masters”?

Who did put Mugabe in power?

What did GWB have to do with it?

If the US government interferes (no matter which party is in power), we get criticized. When we don’t, we get criticized. What do you think we (or the UN) should have done? What can we do now? How do we get aid past the tyrant and his henchmen and to the people who need it?
 
*Here is evidence of how Robert Mugabe is using food as a political weapon. The full article is at:
*sokwanele.com/humanrights.html

“We are not hungry … Why foist this food upon us ? We don’t want to be choked. We have enough.” Even when Robert Mugabe made this absurd claim to a Sky News reporter in May 2004, no one believed him. Patently it was a lie, made to justify his decision to close down abruptly the international food relief programme then in full swing.
We commented at the time that Mugabe’s comments indicated not just an appalling failure of planning, as serious an indictment of his regime as that would be in itself, but a carefully planned act of the most diabolical cunning against the people of Zimbabwe. Recalling Mugabe’s own words that “absolute power is when a man is starving and you are the only one able to give him food”, we wrote: “Mugabe welcomes a famine as the ultimate means of political control and absolute power…sokwanele.com/humanrights.html

maireteresa
 
40.png
maireteresa:
Hi Bob
Thank you for taking an interest in this post.
sokwanele.com/articles/homepage/aboutzimbabwe.html
This link should give you a lot of information on the history of beautiful Zimbabwe, and what is happening to her now.
maireteresa
I have several friends and acquaintances from southern Africa and others who have spent a considerable amount of time there doing missionary work (not Catholic, unfortunately) and they tend to keep me aware of what’s going on.

If I remember correctly, under the “evil” European whites, Rhodesia was well fed, had enough food for export, and had a vibrant manufacturing sector. The government was oppressive for blacks but at least it worked and nobody starved. Had it stayed in place, the changing political climate in the world would probably have forced gradual changes and made for a more orderly transition to a democratic form of government. What they ended up with is an abomination.

My questions were to the other poster who seems to want to lay the entire situation there at the feet of our current president. Since Mugabe came to power some twenty-five years ago, I was looking for the connection between him and GWB. In the absence of a response to my first post, I have to assume that the other poster’s hatred for Mr. Bush was the reason for that rant, not some real and verifiable connection between him and what is currently happening in Zimbabwe. If there is such a connection, I would certainly like to hear about it. I am not such an admirer of Bush that I think he can do no evil. I just want to get at the truth.
 
40.png
geezerbob:
I
My questions were to the other poster who seems to want to lay the entire situation there at the feet of our current president. Since Mugabe came to power some twenty-five years ago, I was looking for the connection between him and GWB. In the absence of a response to my first post, I have to assume that the other poster’s hatred for Mr. Bush was the reason for that rant, not some real and verifiable connection between him and what is currently happening in Zimbabwe. If there is such a connection, I would certainly like to hear about it. I am not such an admirer of Bush that I think he can do no evil. I just want to get at the truth.
geezerbob, don’t you know that the FACTS DO NOT MATTER? If someone has the opportunity to fling a cheap shot at President Bush, they will blame him for any ill. Recall during the campaign the Kerry camp tried to blame Bush for the lack of flu vaccine. You are undoubtedly able to recall the days when every bad happening in China was laid to the “Gang of Four.” Of course the really hilarious thing is that the GWB haters think we are all fooled by their slings and arrows. BAAA!!!

Back to the thread, I have also been in contact with missionaries from Africa back in my Methodist days particularly. You are correct that though there were certainly some problems during the “evil white rule” there were no gangs of ten year olds with Uzis running around shooting everything in sight. Further food and medical aid could enter these countries without fear for their lives.

I do not know why an evil black African dictator is preferable to an evil white majority rule but that seems to be the philosophy.

Lisa N
 
40.png
geezerbob:
My questions were to the other poster who seems to want to lay the entire situation there at the feet of our current president. Since Mugabe came to power some twenty-five years ago, I was looking for the connection between him and GWB. In the absence of a response to my first post, I have to assume that the other poster’s hatred for Mr. Bush was the reason for that rant
Bob, sorry to keep you waiting. I’m sure there’s plenty of other stuff you could be getting on with. 🙂

You’re imagining things. I was commenting on the OP’s appeal to GWB, by which I assume is meant the will of the international political community, of which George Bush is but a small, highly visible part. I have nothing against George Bush.

I’m not the one introducing ‘hatred’ (I hope).

.
 
40.png
judicame:
Bob, sorry to keep you waiting. I’m sure there’s plenty of other stuff you could be getting on with. 🙂

You’re imagining things. I was commenting on the OP’s appeal to GWB, by which I assume is meant the will of the international political community, of which George Bush is but a small, highly visible part. I have nothing against George Bush.

I’m not the one introducing ‘hatred’ (I hope).

.
Thank you for the response. Please refer to my first post on this thread (#3) in which I asked some questions as a result of your post. Do you have any answers?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top