🍌 Donald Trump calls for AG Barr to indict Joe Biden with 26 days until election

• Thread starter Thread starter ThinkingSapien
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no longer any question that Obama and Biden both had their hands in the unmasking and in the perpetration of the hoax built by Russian intelligence operatives.
I beg to differ. You make allegations which have no basis. Russian interference has been proven. Obama and Biden had nothing to do with it.

But you deflect the thread.

" The office of the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, announced a Friday press conference about the bill after she expressed concern that Trump, who is under treatment for coronavirus at the White House, is suffering a “disassociation from reality”.

The president has unleashed a barrage of erratic and self-contradictory tweets and declarations in recent days that have left staff scrambling and raised concerns over his stability.

In a zigzagging interview on the Fox Business channel on Thursday, his first since being hospitalised, Trump, 74, boasted: “I’m back because I am a perfect physical specimen and I’m extremely young. And so I’m lucky in that way.”

Pelosi, who is negotiating a Covid-19 economic stimulus plan, responded at her weekly press conference: “The plan isn’t for the president to say that he’s a perfect physical specimen. Specimen, maybe I can agree with that … And young, he said he was young.”

Trump “is, shall we say, in an altered state right now” and “the disassociation from reality would be funny if it weren’t so deadly,” the 80-year-old speaker added while wearing a mask."

I don’t know if it has gotten that bad yet but it may.

Last edited:
I’m partisan and I admit it; not for a party since I’m not a member of one, but for a particular approach to governance, religious tolerance and the rule of law. There are no few people in this country or on this planet for that matter, who find a way to justify what it is they want to do anyway. And when such people see lawlessness in the very highest places, and particularly when it’s concerted and indisputably criminal, it licenses them in their own minds to do unlawful acts of other kinds.

And so, when everybody sees people like FBI directors, FBI special agents, CIA directors, DOJ attorneys, National Intel Directors, Secretaries of State (are we able to confidently say past presidents and vice presidents yet?) scoff at the law in order to accomplish their political purposes, why not kidnapping to achieve one’s own?

If righteous self-justification is okay for those at the top, why not for me, who am just as deserving in my own mind; every bit as just in my purposes?

And if some are allowed to burn down buildings and kill people with impunity, what’s a mere gubernatorial kidnapping?

And if some are allowed to burn down buildings and kill people with impunity, what’s a mere gubernatorial kidnapping?
What the Jesuits decry as situational ethics. Or at least a false dichotomy.

Because there is no such quote. The accusation in the title of the thread was made by selectively taking the president’s words out of context.

Because there is no such quote. The accusation in the title of the thread was made by selectively taking the president’s words out of context.
Great! Then you can provide the full actual quote and context.

I’ve learned not to take every Trump threat at face value (his middle name is Bluster), but if he and Barr tried to pull this off I hope that a majority of voters would see this for what it is and kick them out on their ear in November.

The same can be said of NP,her threats to yet attempt to oust President Trump,are only for the purpose of drama.Bluster indeed!

We can talk about that too but either way it doesn’t make me feel more comfortable about Trump’s call to indict his political opponents.

So people who commit crimes should not be prosecuted if they are political opponents? Is it ok for a president to use federal agencies to spy on a candidate?

So people who commit crimes should not be prosecuted if they are political opponents?

Is it ok for a president to use federal agencies to spy on a candidate?
Yes, criminals should be prosecuted.

Yes, if there is reasonable suspicion of wrong doing.

The problem is that Trump has not adhered to the limitations placed on the FBI and law enforcement, FISA courts, etc. The FBI for instance has policies against interfering in elections, so if anyone has evidence that might affect an election, it should wait until after.

Very little will affect the 2016 election, though it would have been good if they had indicted Trump promptly. They had to get sufficient evidence to charge before charging.

Trump’s case against Biden might affect the 2020 election, so the FBI would usually wait on that until. I doubt that it would have much of an impact. Trump does not have enough to charge Biden, so further investigation is warranted.

So people who commit crimes should not be prosecuted if they are political opponents? Is it ok for a president to use federal agencies to spy on a candidate?
I’m sure if Trump did the spying, plenty of people right here saying Biden should be indicted would be praising Trump for doing what needs to be done.

Last edited:
I cannot decide if there is a whole lotta gaslighting going on here,or if it’s a serious case of denial by those who despise Trump. Either way seems they either don’t or
want to accept the truth.Or are just uninformed.I understand why
President Trump is so frustrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back