E
Epsilon_Omega
Guest
Yesterday, I went to the pray the rosary and the Chaplet of Devine Mercy at church during adoration. On the way in I noticed one of those blue pieta prayerbooks, and as I was thumbing through it I came upon The Fifteen Prayers of St. Bridget. Also with those 15 prayers come certain promises.
Quoted from cfht.hawaii.edu/~lwells/happiness.html
Second, looking at the first 3 and number 15:
Third, when looking at number 19, I didn’t know humans could join the choir of angels, is this true?
I know you have to be sincere about it, but this just seems to easy. According to Matthew 19:24, “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God ?”
Are these prayer promises for real? It almost sounds too good to be true.
Thank you
Quoted from cfht.hawaii.edu/~lwells/happiness.html
Saint Bridget prayed for a long time to know how many blows Our Lord suffered during His terrible Passion. Rewarding her patience, one day He appeared to her and said: "I received 5475 blows upon My Body. If you wish to honor them in some way, recite fifteen Our Fathers and fifteen Hail Marys with the following Prayers, which I Myself shall teach you, for an entire year. When the year is finished, you will have honored each of My Wounds.
"Our Lord grants these promises to all who devoutly recite the 15 Saint Bridget Prayers every day for a year:
- I will deliver 15 souls of his lineage from Purgatory.
- 15 souls of his lineage will be confirmed and preserved in grace.
- 15 sinners of his lineage will be converted.
- Whoever recites these Prayers will attain the first degree of perfection.
- 15 days before his death I will give him My Precious Body in order that he may escape eternal starvation; I will give him My Precious Blood to drink lest he thirst eternally.
- 15 days before his death he will feel a deep contrition for all his sins and will have a perfect knowledge of them.
- I will place before him the sign of My Victorious Cross for his help and defense against the attacks of his enemies.
- Before his death I shall come with My Dearest Beloved Mother.
- I shall graciously receive his soul, and will lead it into eternal joys.
- And having led it there I shall give him a special draught from the fountain of My Deity, something I will not for those who have not recited My Prayers.
- Let it be known that whoever may have been living in a state of mortal sin for 30 years, but who will recite devoutly, or have the intention to recite these Prayers, the Lord will forgive him all his sins.
- I shall protect him from strong temptations.
- I shall preserve and guard his 5 senses.
- I shall preserve him from a sudden death.
- His soul will be delivered from eternal death.
- He will obtain all he asks for from God and the Blessed Virgin.
- If he has lived all his life doing his own will and he is to die the next day, his life will be prolonged.
- Every time one recites these Prayers he gains 100 days indulgence.
- He is assured of being joined to the supreme Choir of Angels.
- Whoever teaches these Prayers to another, will have continuous joy and merit which will endure eternally.
I am not sure if i am in the right forum… its been forever since I posted on my account, but I have some questions. First of all, to me, even saying these prayers sincerly, give me the impression of working towards gaining favor to be received into heaven. Not that the prayers are bad, but its almost like do this, and you automatically gain the promises and worthiness to be received into heaven, no questioned asked. I am pretty sure its the Grace of god alone that lets us into heaven.
- There where these Prayers are being said or will be said in the future God is present with His grace.
Second, looking at the first 3 and number 15:
- I will deliver 15 souls of his lineage from Purgatory.
- 15 souls of his lineage will be confirmed and preserved in grace.
- 15 sinners of his lineage will be converted.
- His soul will be delivered from eternal death.
Third, when looking at number 19, I didn’t know humans could join the choir of angels, is this true?
I know you have to be sincere about it, but this just seems to easy. According to Matthew 19:24, “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God ?”
Are these prayer promises for real? It almost sounds too good to be true.
Thank you