15 prayers to St. Bridget

  • Thread starter Thread starter Epsilon_Omega
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i am an 18 year old guy and i grew up in a christian family and i still remember my mother kneeling everyday in front of the crucifix and Mary’s pictures praying the Rosary and other prayers and i remember that sometimes i used to kneel next to her and pray with her and look at the pictures in the rosary book but then i was only a kid… well later on when i grew up i stopped praying nor attending the holy mass at Sundays and started looking at bad things on the internet and all i was thinking about is sexual stuff and things like that and mom used to tell me to keep going to the church but i didn’t listen to her and i think i was like 13- 14 yrs old back then… My mother have prayer books everywhere in the house lol so 2 years later ( 16 yrs old) . one day at night when i was about to go to bed i decided to take a look at some books and one of them contained the prayers of St Bridget , the photo of Jesus Christ ( my profile pic ) crucified have amazed me and made me remember of all the wrong things i have done and how i used to pray and go weekly to the church so i decided to open the book and i read these beautiful prayers and that i should pray them everyday so i started praying them daily and these prayers made me pray like i used to before and even more … i even stopped all these bad stuff and attended mass weekly and sometimes every day … i started praying more and always felt a happiness inside me and now it has been 2 years that i pray these prayers and i love them , i love meditating on the sufferings of Jesus and i don’t care if the promises are true or not because im praying because i love Jesus and he taught us to pray and to show him a proof of my love and all i am seeking is the Love of God and His grace but i do believe in God’s infinite Mercy and Generosity , He died for us , he gave us his sacred heart, he suffered endless pain for the love of us so why we would doubt in these prayers and promises?

One day, i was praying the prayers at night … well i never fell asleep before finishing my prayers but that day i fell asleep while praying them … so while falling asleep a friend called me i don’t know why and it was late like 11 pm and tomorrow it was school and this friend haven’t talked to me for 3 - 4 months as i remember so i woke up but i missed the call and i still don’t know why she called me because we never talked since then … so i remembered that i was praying the prayers and continued praying them then i slept.
Can’t you see this call was like a sign ? It’s like “Wake up Charbel and finish your prayers!”

So because of these prayers , im always happy and everything has changed…
One more thing, in many saints lives we can see the devotion they had for Jesus Suffering and some of them received the Stigmata which means meditation on the passion of Jesus is so important and beautiful 🙂 and Jesus told St Faustina: “There is more merit to one hour of meditation on My Sorrowful Passion than there is to a whole
year of flagellation that draw blood; the CONTEMPLATION of MY PAINFUL WOUNDS is of great profit to
you, and it brings Me great joy.”
"“There are few souls who contemplate My Passion with true feeling; I give great graces to souls who meditate devoutly on My Passion.”
 
ruelperse, there are many things we do not know about our Eternal Father and how He does things… but one word that is always associated with him is ‘miracle’. There is nothing He cannot bring about. I understand what you are saying… I myself have relatives who I pray for and it seems unbelievable that they could ‘change’. But I’ve been doing these prayers for years now (I completed 366 prayers in a year and after that it was on and off)… and I have seen miracles. (Well, I call the conversion of cynical hardbitten relatives a miracle.)

I probably will only know the truth after I have left this existence.

In the meantime, why not just do the prayers because you want to remember the sacrifices Jesus made for us and offer Him undying love? You don’t need to worry about the promises.

Coincidentally, I would like to say YES we can save souls through our prayers. If you read the lives of the saints, it’s proven over and over again. St Monica prayed for so many years… and finally her son Augustine repented of his wicked ways. Maria Simma (who had the charism of being visited by souls from purgatory) offered one short prayer for a man she met in passing. Much later, she was visited by his soul, asking for prayers and he told her that that short prayer saved him from hell, although he would have to spend a long time in purgatory. Plus, throughout history, there have been instances of people doing group prayers or rosaries for their nation and getting miraculous help. What is that if not proof that our prayers can cover others? Otherwise we would only be saving ourselves.

From this link, you can read the following about the St Bridget Prayers :
"Pope Pius IX took cognizance of these Prayers with the prologue; he approved them May 31, 1862, recognizing them as true and for the good of souls.

This sentence of Pope Pius IX has been confirmed by the realization of the promises by all persons who have recited the prayers and by numerous supernatural facts by which God wanted to make known their exact truth."

Numerous supernatural facts :heaven:
 
Charbel123, I like the story of the telephone call.

I have experienced similar things but not a phone call, though 😃 I just get jolted awake at exactly 3 a.m. by I-don’t-know-what and it took me a few times before I decided I wasn’t suffering some unknown sleep malady 😛

And I find that verbalising is better than saying the words of the prayer silently in my head. I believe I have mentioned earlier in this thread a friend’s experience of seeing the words of the prayer appear in the air as we prayed together aloud. My science degree believes it’s due to vibration of the air molecules as we vocalise :p:p:p:p:p:p Oh well, whatever.
 
Charbel123, I like the story of the telephone call.

I have experienced similar things but not a phone call, though 😃 I just get jolted awake at exactly 3 a.m. by I-don’t-know-what and it took me a few times before I decided I wasn’t suffering some unknown sleep malady

And I find that verbalising is better than saying the words of the prayer silently in my head. I believe I have mentioned earlier in this thread a friend’s experience of seeing the words of the prayer appear in the air as we prayed together aloud. My science degree believes it’s due to vibration of the air molecules as we vocalise :p:p:p:p:p Oh well, whatever.
Lol that’s funny hahaha it seems you two have beautiful voices 😛
Well i love these prayers and im still praying them daily… It’s a great way to meditate on the Passion of Jesus Christ! I like the Rosary and the chaplet of Divine Mercy too 🙂
 
We are saved by Christ, and no other. But we Catholics ARE members of the Body of Christ, & S. Paul says ‘I fill up what is lacking in the Passion of Christ’. So it is entirely good theology that our prayers can have a real effect in somebody else’s salvation. We are all in it together. None of us is alone.
 
The communion of saints (apostles creed) which refers to all saints in the Church Militant (us on earth), Church Suffering (souls in Purgatory) and Church Triumphant (souls in heaven).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top