#3 – Ignorance of Scripture Verses

  • Thread starter Thread starter dalcent
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s conditional baptism? (Sorry if I seem ignorant but I really don’t know as much as I should. :o )
Conditional baptism is a re-baptism when there is a question whether the original baptism was valid.

Usually occurs if there was a baptism in another denomination that may not observe the proper form of baptism (i.e. using the proper words, intent, and matter.)

Very common for people converting from the LDS church or from Jehovah Witnesses where they do not recognize the Trinity in the same way as most Christians.

Since you can’t be re-baptised a conditional baptism says something similar to “if your previous baptism was not valid I baptise you in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top