Thank you for the link. I will check it out. I personally believe that since we can’t know when Christ will return we cannot know if He will return before or after the Rapture. I think the idea that some will be left behind is possible, but definately not the only possible answer. My opinion of what Catholics thought on the subject were based entirely on other posts I’ve seen here on CAF. Most, I have to say, were very disdainful of the protestants who even used the term rapture.
Good Day Syele
Well…
In defense of those that say the rapture isnt going to happen, it sorta requires understanding where they are coming from. Most people, when you say ‘Rapture’ people will automaticly think what is portrayed by Tim LaHaye. So, normally, when catholics say that the rapture isnt biblical, they are realy refering to pretrib and mid trib rapture.
Post trib rapture when put in correct order is mor along the lines of what we beleive…
A good overview of the order of events would be something like this
- Anitchrist rises and the Tribulation period described in Revelations occurs
- Devil is defeated by christ at armegedon and thrown for ever more into the lake of fire
- The dead are risen
- Living and the dead are in final judgement
- A new heaven and a new earth are created and the original glorified state of nature is restored.
OVER OVER simplified probably to a point being wrong, but its an over all jist… a catholic rapture would probably occur around 4
With respect to my pesonal reason why i dont beleive in any rapture other than at the last last day…
Christ only talks about returning once…
if he returns before the last day, that means he will be returning multiple times, something not possible according to scripture…
in anycase, hopefully i didnt muddle it up for you even more
May You be Blessed