A "Catholic" video game review source - Is there interest? Is there a need?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy_K
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably need to start networking with some of the Catholic based arts and entertainment apostolates, Andy, to see what kind of insight or support they can offer in this regard.
 
Maintaining a website costs both time and money, no?
Not really – depends on what you’re looking for. There’s free webhosts out there that you can use. I doubt such a site would use up a lot of bandwidth - unless you were using a lot of pictures.

If you want to go the simple route –
  • Pick a webhost that gives a few gigabytes a month transfer (anywhere from $5 to $20 per month).
  • Purchase a CMS (Content Management Site) that will help you add and organize your site. There’s free ones, too. If you want help support, use a commercial one. (Some free ones do have support)
As long as you’re not selling anything, I don’t think you need to worry about licenses, except maybe if you want to include a picture of a game. (Not sure how that works)
 
In the wake of GTA4 and the discussion that game has inspired here (and given the fact that I’m now beginning my summer holiday from university life), I think that bumping this thread now should yield some fruitful discussion. Hopefully this isn’t against any forum rules; if so, my apologies to the moderators. :o

I know just from lurking on CAF that there are many, many Catholics who are avid gamers and, in some cases, industry insiders and/or game developers!

I’m STILL in the rudimentary “planning” stages - nothing is “set in stone” yet; I’m still not sure if this would be best served as an individual blog (or network of blogs) or if a full-fledged website is the best route to go. I did manage to contact the daughters of St. Paul, who were quite enthusiastic about the idea to say the least…

Any feedback on this thread or in the form of PMs would be appreciated…any takers? 😃
 
I think probably your best bet is to make an educational and didactic game versus an entertaining game.

Look, I don’t want to sound like a naysayer, and I can’t say it couldn’t be done, but your chances of having a very commercially successful game that the masses will buy and that would earn you and the people working on your team a lot of money are probably slim at best.

The closest to a Christian video game that resembles what your proposing that I remember was “The Left Behind” game (I can’t remember if it used the same title) based on that series of evangelical Christian books.

I never played it, but the major video game critics I believe trashed it.

When video games treat the topic of religion, it is often done very negatively, like in Ubisoft’s Assassin (set in Crusade era Jerusalem) or in American Western games like Gun and Call of Juarez.

What you probably should do is make three simple PC games that would teach the basics of the Catechism and / or Catholic culture, one to young schoolchildren (Grade K-4; Grades 5-8; Grades 9-12 with a focus on marriage and preparing them for a moral life in the real world and some of the moral problems in it, like abortion, stem cell research, etc., and their role as a Catholic Christian in it).

You could probably use some video clips of the Vatican and the Pope, and other famous Catholic churches throughout the world like Chartres, and the works of great Catholic art and music.

I think probably your best bet is to use a Catholic Friar character with an Irish accent as a Cathechist, teaching the faith from his monastery or monastery garden. (Perhaps a second Friar with an Italian accent could be used too).

You could just do a question and pick the best answer game.

I think most people find Catholic Friars to be interesting people, and setting the game in a Catholic school classroom with a Sister or a Priest might seem a little boring.

You could then try marketing the game at Catholic websites and maybe at EWTN.

I’m not sure, but I think EWTN may have already done something similar to this. They have a EWTN site designed for children, and it sort of looked similar to a video game.

I don’t think it would have to have “Halo 3” type graphics; it could be a very simple game with simple graphics.

You could also maybe try and “mod” or modify existing PC video games and put Catholic content in them.

But even that takes a lot of time and effort and learning modding skills, and you couldn’t sell it (folks would download it for free) because the company that published the original game you’re modding still owns the rights that original game. So, no money.
 
I don’t understand why there should be a “Catholic” review of video games. Would it expect Catholics to get on the moral high horse if heaven forbid there should be a game in which someone plays a character who is not incorruptible and maybe does bad things? Is the line between fiction and reality so blurred in all things that someone can’t be corrupted by playing a game that involves killing people?

Sure, there are school shootings, but if people were so easily corrupted by video games, then why haven’t I killed any real people yet? I don’t even know how to fire a real gun! There’s millions of video gamers out there, but are even a quarter of them doing or selling drugs or shooting people only because they played video games?

Video games are just another form of entertainment, like television and movies. As long as reviews are honest, there is no problem. If you don’t like games wherein you shoot things or people, there are hundreds of games wherein you don’t.

I’m sick and tired of the boomers and Xers making a big stink over video games. I’m sure very few from each generation actually sat down to play them with an open mind. We have idiots like Jack Thompson and Hillary Clinton and Joe Lieberman trying to make mountains out of molehills because their generation didn’t have games like we do now and they didn’t grow up with them.
 
OK, there seems to be a cacophony of confusion in regards to the OP, so here’s a clarification:

I am not interested in actually creating a new video game, Catholic-themed or not (although I certainly would support any efforts to do such a thing); I am interested in providing critical analysis and/or reviews of video games informed by Catholic moral teaching. I see this as an opportunity to “fill the void” per se; there are currently many outlets for reviews of books, movies, and even popular music that are written from a “Catholic” perspective, but with the exception of the Lifeteen website (which caters to a very particular audience and only covers a very small amount of games in a given year), there really isn’t any source of this kind for video games.

The actual criteria used to review games (as just about every other facet of this website) has yet to be determined. That being said, I would expect that, as with all “reviews,” prudential judgment is key. I speak for myself when I say that I wouldn’t give a game bad marks simply because it has guns and violence. I expect that many others feel the same way. Decentfilms.com reviews movies like “Juno” that contain profanity and still gives them high marks because of how the themes of the film espouse Catholic teaching.

“Review criteria” as a concept is currently a very hot topic in the gaming culture, too, with Electronic Gaming Monthy recently switching from a whole scale numerical review system to a “letter grade” system. Play magazine recently decided to conclude a review by saying that the game was “very recommended” instead of assigning an actual score.

Should a “Catholic” review site use such a system? Should it simply adopt the Decentfilms.com model of separate scoring for the “artistic” value of a game and another score for its “moral/spiritual” value? Should it simply be “thumbs up/thumbs down” ala Ebert and Roeper? Should it simply be text?
Should it take into account the actual genre of the game (it’s great for role-playing fans, bad for shooter fans), etc?

Obviously, there’s a plethora of nuances that still need to be worked out, but I can’t help but think that to simply not even attempt such a project would be a wasted opportunity. There are parents that would love to find games that are approporiate for their children, but when games take such a huge time investment, they can’t simply “screen” them like a movie. Additionally, as games become more mainstream and less of a “kids” thing (which is, as many gamers will tell you, already happening), Catholics certainly aren’t going to want to be
left behind in the shuffle. Media can be used as a means of promoting the new evangelization - excluding video games from this mission would be silly!

Hope that clears things up a bit.
 
Andy,

I would say before you start your review project and advising other Catholics about video games, you really need some expert advice here on what the Catholic Church’s stance is on video games.

You know, most of us are simple lay people here, and some of us do read about Catholic moral teaching and study the faith, but we don’t have all the answers.

But I think you’ve come to the right place, Catholic Answers, for the Catholic Answer you are seeking.

I would call Catholic Answers’ Staff Apologist line and talk to one of their people, and get their opinion about this. They can provide the expert advice you are seeking.

I’m sure therir number is at their homepage.

You know, films are one thing.

Video games are another.

I’ve heard of decent films, and have heard the guy who is their main reviewer and, honestly, I’ve been disappointed with some of his recommendations in the past.

Such as the one boxing movie with Russell Crowe which really had foul blasphemous language throughout the film; not just once or twice, but throughout the entire movie.

It was an entertaining film, but if the blasphemous language had been eliminated, it would have been better.

When I go see a film, I really don’t want to see someone using the Holy Name of Jesus in vain a bunch of times in a film. As a Catholic, I was very offended by the the language.

Also, somehow this guy recommended an old silent film from the 1920s about Joan of Arc, and, boy, was this thing just filled with mean and ugly looking Italian Cardinals and language like “I don’t need the Church.”

I don’t know why, but he recommended that as a movie of the month and something people should pay $ to rent.

I remember once hearing Father Mitch Pacwa on the EWTN radio really sort of not recommending video games, except perhaps some WWII type games, because obviously the “killing” that goes on in those types of games is not murder but justifiable homicide because it’s being done in the defense of the nation.

So, probably war video games that portray a just war scenario, like Medal of Honor, would be OK.

But I would have to say that games like Grand Theft Auto and Godfather are bad games; not to sound like a jerk, but if you don’t instantaneously agree with that statement, I would seriously not become a Catholic video game reviewer.

I know I don’t know you, but I would just ask yourself a few and similar questions like these:
  1. Do you know well, have studied in depth and understand the Catechism and moral teaching of the Catholic Church?
  2. Are you in agreement with that teaching and follow it?
  3. Do you attend Mass at least once a week?
You don’t have to answer that on this thread, but starting a Review like this, advising other Catholics about their entertainment, is a big responsibility, and you’re going to be responsible for the reviews that you publish.

Give Catholic Answers a call and see what they think of video games.🙂
 
I remember once hearing Father Mitch Pacwa on the EWTN radio really sort of not recommending video games, except perhaps some WWII type games, because obviously the “killing” that goes on in those types of games is not murder but justifiable homicide because it’s being done in the defense of the nation.

So, probably war video games that portray a just war scenario, like Medal of Honor, would be OK.

But I would have to say that games like Grand Theft Auto and Godfather are bad games; not to sound like a jerk, but if you don’t instantaneously agree with that statement, I would seriously not become a Catholic video game reviewer.
Even priests can be wrong. They’re not infallible. Just like when some priest goes out on a limb and generalizes by saying that video games aren’t good unless they’re WWII video games because you go around and shoot Germans and Japanese and sometimes Italians. Even worse is that he seems to consider FPS or 3PS to be the only video game genre in existence, when there are other genres of games as well, and they all don’t involve shooting or killing. He’s not the only one, though; ask a room full of 40-something moms what they think about video games, and most or all will say that they are “too violent” because they have this idea stuck in their heads that every game is Doom or Duke Nukem.

It’s silly to think that video gamers are bereft of a moral conscience. We can’t play a video game that involves shooting other people because we don’t know better to not do something like that in the real world. We are unable to distinguish the difference between reality and fantasy.
 
It’s silly to think that video gamers are bereft of a moral conscience. We can’t play a video game that involves shooting other people because we don’t know better to not do something like that in the real world. We are unable to distinguish the difference between reality and fantasy.
I invoke the “frog in boiling water” story: a frog can be boiled alive in water if the water is heated slowly, whereas if the frog is placed in the boiling water initially, he’ll jump right out.

I think these types of games are insidious. Not necessarily dangerous, but probably not a good idea. (BTW, my brother loves these types of games. 🤷 I even enjoy a FPS when I go to the arcade, but maybe I shouldn’t. 😉 )

One might have to honestly ask themselves why they find these types of games entertaining, and discern whether the answer to that question brings them closer or further away from God.
 
I invoke the “frog in boiling water” story: a frog can be boiled alive in water if the water is heated slowly, whereas if the frog is placed in the boiling water initially, he’ll jump right out.

I think these types of games are insidious. Not necessarily dangerous, but probably not a good idea. (BTW, my brother loves these types of games. 🤷 I even enjoy a FPS when I go to the arcade, but maybe I shouldn’t. 😉 )

One might have to honestly ask themselves why they find these types of games entertaining, and discern whether the answer to that question brings them closer or further away from God.
Absolutely true, but not all games are shooters (just as not all movies are violent). This is just another reason why such a resource is needed, IMO. Games are just as diverse as movies, music, and literature. If this is understood to be true, they deserve their own outlet where Catholics can engage them as they do other forms of media, no?
 
I invoke the “frog in boiling water” story: a frog can be boiled alive in water if the water is heated slowly, whereas if the frog is placed in the boiling water initially, he’ll jump right out.

I think these types of games are insidious. Not necessarily dangerous, but probably not a good idea. (BTW, my brother loves these types of games. 🤷 I even enjoy a FPS when I go to the arcade, but maybe I shouldn’t. 😉 )

One might have to honestly ask themselves why they find these types of games entertaining, and discern whether the answer to that question brings them closer or further away from God.
I think whether something done in a video game is good or bad is subjective. If you’re really optimistic, prostitution in the GTA series is the same thing as staying in an inn in Final Fantasy, except the action itself is incorrect and scandalous. I’m not justifying anything in GTA, but does it really matter whether you’re shooting cops or Wehrmacht military police guarding a Panzer depot in a video game?
 
I think whether something done in a video game is good or bad is subjective. If you’re really optimistic, prostitution in the GTA series is the same thing as staying in an inn in Final Fantasy, except the action itself is incorrect and scandalous. I’m not justifying anything in GTA, but does it really matter whether you’re shooting cops or Wehrmacht military police guarding a Panzer depot in a video game?
See, that’s exactly the kind of discussion I want to engage by starting a website!

For the record, I disagree with you entirely - when someone plays GTA4, the visual interaction where you hook up with a prostitute is NOT the same as staying at an inn in final fantasy. As far as the actual game mechanic of health rejuvenation is concerned, eah, the two are the same. But video gaming involves far more than merely complying with the restrictions of a program as a puzzle-solving endeavor. Some will mentally “role-play” as the game’s protagonist (regardless of whether or not the game is an RPG or not) and I don’t think I need to elaborate on the various ways in which a person can sin mentally here (lust, envy, etc). These are all entirely possible in the video game medium just as they are in film or literature. The developers include these aesthetics and story elements for a reason, after all. It isn’t a game if you’re just executing programming commands without the visual stimulants attached. To be quite frank, I don’t see how GTA in any of its iterations affords the opportunity for spiritual edification or promoting the new evangelization the way the magisterium has elaborated in Inter Mirifica and various other documents and statements from the living magisterium.

That being said, I recognize that prudential judgment needs to be employed in regards to evaluating media - whether or not the undesirable elements of a given piece of media can be tolerated for the greater good that is presented is something that each individual is going to have to decide for themselves. That being said, when you’re a parent, and your kid wants these games, you certainly can’t afford to play games the way you can screen a movie (many games take 40+ hours to complete!), and everyone could certainly use some help in finding some spiritually edifying content amidst the barrage of objectionable media content these days. If I manage to get this idea off the ground, maybe I and other interested parties could help to fill that void…
 
Andy,

Well, I guess you could go forward and do this if you want to.

However, I think the video game industry and Catholicism, on a whole, IMO, and especially with the more popular games, are moving morally and culturally in separate directions.

I think these games featuring wanton violence, for instance Godfather, The Club, Mafia, and most of the more popular games, really aren’t games that Catholics should play.

Andy, you’re really going to have to find out from an expert in Catholic moral theology (like from Catholic Answers) whether or not playing these sort of games constitutes a mortal sin against the Commandment "Thou shall not kill (in ancient Biblical Hebrew “murder” I believe).

I mean you’re thinking you are going to shoot the guy or kill him in the game. And thoughts can be a sin.

I understand Larowyn’s point that it is just a game. But these games no longer look like Pac Man.

The Game Designers try very hard with the graphics and construction to create a very realistic looking setting and characters. They try to simulate real life.

And yes, the game itself is a virtual reality, but it is also a part of our human reality, and we are still humans while playing it. And you are still sitting in the real world while you are playing the game.

I know Catholic Answers has had the decentfilms guy on a few times, but, honestly, I think his reviews leave a lot to be desired and a lot out, that I, as a Catholic, would want to know…

If you go to his website, today, read the review for Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe; you’ll see nowhere does it mention that numerous times this film violates the Commandment Thou shall not take the Lord’s Name in vain anywhere!!

And in the film, the boxer’s Manager uses the Lord’s Name in vain many, many times. I was sitting in the theater thinking what was this reviewer thinking when he strongly recommended that I and everyone else pay $10.00 for a ticket and watch this film, if this type of language is in it???

What type of a Catholic Christian or Christian review is that???:confused:

So, I think there is a right way to do something and a wrong way, and you might as well do it the right way.

I think your best bet, Andy, is to help Catholic and Christian families with young children and early / middle teenagers to find suitable games as entertainment for their children.

Look, most of these games, especially the ones not designed for children, are all about shooting or killing or stealing something.

And, yes, Larowyn, I hate to sound like I’m impinging on your freedom to game (our secular society tells you things that are morally objectionable are ok because businesses like gaming companies and other businesses can make $$ off you and everyone else), but, I think if you apply some moral analysis to the games, you’ll see what I’m talking about.

A soldier who is serving and defending his nation in a Just War is not committing murder when the soldier is killing the enemy.

The killing is morally Justifiable Homicide because it is necessary in order to defend his nation or people.

Now, if a soldier just wantonly kills a civilian or executes POWs for no reason, then that would not be morally Justifiable, and it would be murder.

A game like Medal of Honor simulates history.

That, I think, was sort of Father Pacwa’s point.

There’s an old saying that no one wants to become a priest, but everyone wants to be a Pope.

I would respect a holy Catholic priest’s opinion; a Catholic priest acts as an Alter Christus, literally another Christ on earth. They have taken Holy Orders and have studied Catholic moral teaching in the seminary and have expertise in Christian moral answers to what course of action we should take; a holy Catholic priest will try to lead you to a life of holiness and guide your path to salvation.

I’m not sure what goes through the minds of some of these Game Producers.

Also, Father Pacwa is not just “some priest.” He is a Jesuit and an EWTN priest who has been in TV and radio for over 20 years. He’s one of our best Catholic priests.

Anyway, I found this on another Thread here at Catholic Answers; Andy, you will want to read this:
MESSAGE OF THE HOLY FATHER BENEDICT XVI
FOR THE 41st WORLD COMMUNICATIONS DAY
Code:
Theme: "Children and the Media:
A Challenge for Education"
Code:
May 20, 2007
Code:
Any trend to produce programmes and products - including animated films and video games - which in the name of entertainment exalt violence and portray anti-social behaviour or the trivialization of human sexuality is a perversion, all the more repulsive when these programmes are directed at children and adolescents. How could one explain this ‘entertainment’ to the countless innocent young people who actually suffer violence, exploitation and abuse? In this regard, all would do well to reflect on the contrast between Christ who “put his arms around [the children] laid his hands on them and gave them his blessing” (Mk 10:16) and the one who “leads astray … these little ones” for whom "it would be better … if a millstone were hung round his neck" (Lk 17:2). Again I appeal to the leaders of the media industry to educate and encourage producers to safeguard the common good, to uphold the truth, to protect individual human dignity and promote respect for the needs of the family.
B16 doesn’t say that it’s a sin exactly, but he does condemn games that “exalt violence and portray anti-social behavior or the trivialization of human sexuality” as a perversion (my note, that is very strong moral language).
I only play video games that are approved by my conscience, but as a new Catholic I worry that my conscience isn’t formed correctly. Anyone know of more concrete guides as to what the church teaches?
Answer: Try the Catechism of the Catholic Church
 
A soldier who is serving and defending his nation in a Just War is not committing murder when the soldier is killing the enemy.

The killing is morally Justifiable Homicide because it is necessary in order to defend his nation or people.
Actually, one of the ways in which the military figured out how to desensitize soldier trainees in order to get them to shoot and kill their fellow man on another army was to have them play games similarly designed.
There’s an old saying that no one wants to become a priest, but everyone wants to be a Pope.
It is certainly proven out all too often on the internet.
Also, Father Pacwa is not just “some priest.” He is a Jesuit and an EWTN priest who has been in TV and radio for over 20 years. He’s one of our best Catholic priests.
You forgot to mention the great high school of which he’s an alumnus.

Or the Chicago university where he once taught.

I wonder what he would think of the game ideas I suggested a few months ago.
 
Andy,

Well, I guess you could go forward and do this if you want to.

However, I think the video game industry and Catholicism, on a whole, IMO, and especially with the more popular games, are moving morally and culturally in separate directions.

I think these games featuring wanton violence, for instance Godfather, The Club, Mafia, and most of the more popular games, really aren’t games that Catholics should play.
I can tell that you base these claims on hearsay. First, games in which players play as criminals of any sort are in the minority. “Shooter” games, both first and third person, are commonly from the perspective of characters who are the good guys. In Doom you’re a space marine literally fighting the hordes of hell. In Wolfenstein 3D you fight Nazi zealots. More recent games follow this trend as well. In addition to the numerous WWII-themed games, there are games like SOCOM where you play as a US Navy SEAL, America’s Army as a soldier, and SWAT 3 and 4 as a police officer. If I remember right, Gordon Freeman from Counterstrike is a good guy, as is Master Chief from Halo. Games like GTA where you play as a criminal or someone who commits morally deficient acts are strictly in the minority. In fact, I can’t think of very many games in which the player controls such a character, and those other games you mentioned weren’t considered as good as the recent GTA installments.

I think it’s safe to say that you made a blanket claim here and decided that since games involve killing, they must be bad, without taking into account the fact that protagonists in games are most often the good guys anyway and always or usually do the right thing. It’s like you are so scared of tarnishing your squeaky clean soul by seeing for yourself that you take the word of other non-gamers and just avoid them altogether, then pass judgment based on what you heard.

It also seems that you speak as if 80s arcade and FPS/3PS games are the only video game genres out there.
I mean you’re thinking you are going to shoot the guy or kill him in the game. And thoughts can be a sin.
You’re shooting someone who’s going to shoot you if you don’t do anything. And besides, you’re not shooting an actual person that God himself made.
I understand Larowyn’s point that it is just a game. But these games no longer look like Pac Man.
Please stop. You sound like this guy now.
The Game Designers try very hard with the graphics and construction to create a very realistic looking setting and characters. They try to simulate real life.
Realistic graphics do not make something real life. And you’re generalizing again here, so please stop.
And yes, the game itself is a virtual reality, but it is also a part of our human reality, and we are still humans while playing it. And you are still sitting in the real world while you are playing the game.
facepalm
Look, most of these games, especially the ones not designed for children, are all about shooting or killing or stealing something.
Load of bull.
And, yes, Larowyn, I hate to sound like I’m impinging on your freedom to game (our secular society tells you things that are morally objectionable are ok because businesses like gaming companies and other businesses can make $$ off you and everyone else), but, I think if you apply some moral analysis to the games, you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Don’t patronize me. I’m a big boy, I can tell what’s immoral in a game and what’s not, and I know from experience with many, many games and countless hours of gaming that very few games involve the player committing immoral actions. I can also tell that you don’t have nearly the same experience with video games that I do, and you’ve probably only heard about those few games where immoral actions are the foundation of the game.
A soldier who is serving and defending his nation in a Just War is not committing murder when the soldier is killing the enemy.
The killing is morally Justifiable Homicide because it is necessary in order to defend his nation or people.
Now, if a soldier just wantonly kills a civilian or executes POWs for no reason, then that would not be morally Justifiable, and it would be murder.
A game like Medal of Honor simulates history.
That, I think, was sort of Father Pacwa’s point.
Then I imagine that if Father Pacwa were to play games enough to make an informed statement, he would most likely attest that very few games actually promote immoral actions or unjustified violence.
I’m not sure what goes through the minds of some of these Game Producers.
I’m sure they giggle with delight at the thought of the many thousands of souls they are sending to hell.:rolleyes:
Also, Father Pacwa is not just “some priest.” He is a Jesuit and an EWTN priest who has been in TV and radio for over 20 years. He’s one of our best Catholic priests.
Jack Thompson has been a lawyer since the 70s, is a well-known Christian Conservative, and crusades against immoral content in the media, but that still doesn’t stop him from making ridiculous generalizations about video games and video gamers based on school shootings and an entire subgenre of mostly unpopular plot-driven third person shooters from the perspectives of criminals and gangsters.
 
Well, nice to see this thread’s revival is going so well…:rolleyes:
 
Hmm. Just what kind of Catholic “quality control” should I employ for this project? Many of the prospective staffers/writers for this website have a concern that they could write things that they’ll regret…

but isn’t that part of the risk of writing publicly in the first place? I can’t possibly please everybody all of the time anyway (just look at this thread)! 🤷

That said, a priest or religious as an advisor for the website/blog would probably be a good idea. I know a priest who plays GTA4…
 
That said, a priest or religious as an advisor for the website/blog would probably be a good idea. I know a priest who plays GTA4…
And, likely, one day soon we’ll have more.

The reality is that gaming is a big time reality for many people. It can’t be simplistically ignored or dismissed. That’s why this concept is a very good one. Contemporary culture needs to be engaged rather than run away from.

That said, ever since Pong everything has been downhill. Brilliance in simplicity.

Alright, I think I’m going to play some Frogger now. What’s PETA’s opinion of that game?
 
I can’t believe no one has mentioned Sports (when talking about video games). There are games for every sport and sell Millions. Madden has been the number one selling game in the past. College Hoops is my Favorite Video Game.

Me and my brother mostly play Sports games. Other than them, I play a few RPG’s (Kameo, LOTR, Narnia). But I won’t get the M rated ones. I’m going to get Eternal Sonata and maybe some others sometime. I look them up on ign.com though. Also, I like some racing games (Need for Speed, Nascar).

Having a site that rates all games is a good idea as well. I really enjoy plugged in and seeing what they have to say about movies.

BTW, I am a graphic Designer and I have wondered why there aren’t any religious games. And thought possibly about making one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top