A little distressed.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter John_AH
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John_AH

Guest
I am a little disttressed on what I have been reading lately. The other day I read an apologist blasting a commenter for saying “let god be the judge” and basically not us. It was in reference to group who was claiming something that we all hold to be untrue. The apologist’s reasoning for the blast was the holy sprit gave us righteousness (if I remember correctly). Please forgive me if I am wrong but I have always been led to believe the holy sprit (given to us at confirmation) was a gift to give us the strength, the words, and the truth to spread the good news. I don’t remember the gift to judge one another. Wouldn’t that imply that we are better?

People must judge themselves by what they hold true. We cannot make that choice for them. We cannot go to the priest and say oh father my friend has sinned. For not even a priest can judge us or them. Is it not ourselves who confess our sins?

Was it Jesus himself who said “let he who has not sinned cast the first stone”. We are all prone to sin, to making mistakes, how can we possibly pass judgment on someone else if we are not perfect? There is only one who is perfect and only he can judge. Isn’t that what we believe? > “He will come again to judge the living and the dead”.

I live by numbers so I offer another example.
Imagine someone you have known all your life, it can be anyone including yourself. Now think of everything you possibly can think of on how that person came to be. Every little moment in that life that has made that person who he or she is. Now put it into an equation, lets say this particular moment gave me hope for something (and give it a value), oh the dog snapped at me when I was a child (so I have forever hated dogs, minus points) and so on and so forth for everything. The equation is huge along with the value. I can tell you this there is not a single person on this earth who can do it. It would take an eternity to calculate the value. Even if we get that far, who can remember everything? Consequently, how can we possibly make judgment on someone else’s decision if we can’t possibly know all the factors on why they made that decision? Our lives are guided by our family, friends, people along the way, and the ultimate random number generator of “Life”. Only god can judge, for he has been with you since birth, he has seen every little step, every little moment that makes you, you. Only god knows why we made that decision because sometimes we don’t know why ourselves. Who are we to assume that role? He gave us guidelines to how we should live not on how we should judge.

My example
I have always told people I am not here to judge but to guide.
“You must take the steps to redemption by knowing why you need redemption.”
The “knowing” is where we come in, to offer the Commandments, the Beatitudes, the way of life of a Christian, and most importantly an example. They will ask if they want to know.

Final thoughts
I know it is difficult to see that people are ignorant of the truth. People want an easy life so they do sinful things to get it. We feel it is our duty as good Catholics to make the decision for them, but it does no good if we force them, they have to want to hear and live by it. It is a thin line between guidance and judgment but just remember judgment also gives a punishment. As Catholics we can offer them a good life full of meaning, redemption, love, respect, happiness, and hope.

No one ever said it would be easy.

I don’t think I am wrong by what I have just written, it has taken me years of thought and observations to come to this conclusion. Believe me that this is only the brief explanation on how I got this answer. God forgive me I don’t like simple answers. I am open to answers, questions, comments, and suggestions.

God’s humble servant
J.A.H.
 
You just eloquently described something I’ve been thinking for a very long time… thank you.
 
Since this is an apologist’s site, I think it has to be reiterated over and over again that the object of apologetics isn’t to win arguments but to win souls. Love and respect are the main tools of evangelization. They are just as important as sharing the truth. 👍
 
So then----if we find out someone is abusing a child—what do we do. Stay silent—since turning that person in to the authorities entails that we judge the persons actions as evil. Since we are not perfect and do sin–then we let the abuse continue and become part of it for keeping silent.
 
Odd that you should choose that scenario. The exact scenario was posed to me the last time I had talked to someone about this. I know I am walking into a trap if I answer this with what I hold to be true, but I would gladly condemn myself if I knew I could save a soul.

There are over a hundred different ways of looking at it and even more ways to answer it.

Let me give you a thought, what if you were wrong? Could you take him from his family, could you send him to jail and have there justice performed on him? Could you condemn his soul to that hell?

Child abuse is probably the sickest most vile thing man can do but what can be even sicker is the use of said abuse for gain.

Is condemning an innocent soul a sin?
God saw it important enough to have a specific commandment for just such an instance.

If we truly believe prayer will give us an answer to this problem than what do we have to worry? It is in gods hands.

God’s humble servant
John AH.
 
Apologetics is not about winning an argument, it’s about defending and explaining truth.

From John Martignoni:
Apologetics 101-01
Q: What does the word “apologetics” mean?
A: The word “apologetics” is derived from the ancient Greek word apologia, which means, an apology. Not an apology in the modern sense of the word - which is to say you’re sorry for something. But rather, an apology in the ancient sense of the word - which is to make a reasoned defense of something or someone. In ancient times, the word apology referred to the case a lawyer would make on behalf of his client.
Apologetics is about building the case for our Faith…learning how to explain and defend our Faith. Basically, there are 3 types of apologetics: natural apologetics, Christian apologetics, and Catholic apologetics. Natural apologetics builds the case for truths we can know from the “natural” light of reason. Truths that can be known without any divine intervention. Truths which the articles of our Faith rest upon and build upon. Truths such as the existence of God, the innate spirituality of the human soul, the objective reality of right and wrong…truths that our faith rest upon and build upon.
Christian apologetics, on the other hand, builds the case for divinely revealed truths - truths that cannot be known by reason apart from faith. Truths such as the reality of biblical miracles, the divinity of Christ, the Virgin Birth, and the Resurrection to name a few.
Catholic apologetics encompasses all of Christian apologetics - since Catholicism is the fullness of Christianity - but Catholic apologetics tends to focus on those truths of Christianity that are not generally believed by non-Catholic Christians. Truths such as: the Catholic Church having been founded directly by Jesus Christ; the papacy; the Sacraments; the Immaculate Conception, and others.
Again, the 3 main types of apologetics are: natural apologetics, Christian apologetics, and Catholic apologetics…we will be focusing mainly on Catholic apologetics - how to explain and defend the truths of our Catholic Faith.
and again…
Apologetics 101-02
Q: Are there any basic rules for doing apologetics?
A: We need to always keep in mind 1 Ptr 3:15 which says, “Always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you…” Always be prepared Scripture tells us! So, how can we “always be prepared” to make a defense of our Faith?
Rule #1: Pray. Pray to the Holy Spirit. Pray that He will give you the courage to share your Faith and the wisdom to choose your words carefully and profitably.
Rule #2: You don’t have to know everything right now! Just learn a little bit more about your Faith each and every day. Read Scripture. Read the Catechism. Listen to apologetics tapes. Read books on or by the Saints. Learn a little bit at a time.
.Rule #3: Luke 5:10, "Do not be afraid, henceforth you will be catching men. "Jesus said this to Peter, but He’s also saying it to us. Will you make mistakes? Will you get into tight spots…when you start sharing your Faith with others? Of course you will, but Peter made mistakes! He got into tight spots. Yet, Jesus told Peter not to be afraid. Why? Because if we are sincere in our desire to share the truth with others…to share Jesus Christ with others…then Jesus will find a way to make something good come out of even our mistakes.
Rule #4: Always view a question about your Faith, or even an attack on your Faith, as an opportunity - an opportunity to share the truth. Stay calm and stay determined to bring light into darkness.
Rule #5: Don’t get frustrated. Quite often Catholics get frustrated by what I call the doctrinal dance…you get asked about Purgatory, Mary, the Pope, the Sacraments all in rapid fire succession. Before you can answer one question, you’re asked another. Just keep firmly, but gently, guiding the discussion back to one topic until you’ve said all you want to say…then move on.
Rule #6: Very, very important! Never be afraid to say, “I don’t know,” when asked a question about your Faith. Don’t try to “wing it.” However, always follow, “I don’t know,” with, “But, I will find out and get back to you.” And make sure you do!
If you follow these rules, you will be prepared the next time God puts you in a position to explain and defend your Faith.
 
and lastly…
Apologetics 101-03
Q: Anything else we need to know about apologetics before we start engaging in it?
A: A few more basics about apologetics before we move into specific apologetics topics:
#1) Ingrain this into your psyche…the Bible is a Catholic book! The Catholic Church gave it to the world! Which means that there is nothing…nothing!..in the Bible that is contrary to anything in the Catholic Faith and there is nothing in the Catholic Faith contrary to anything in the Bible! Always remember that!
This is important to keep in mind because a lot of times folks will quote a passage from the Bible that “proves” the Catholic Church is wrong. Whenever someone quotes you a Bible verse that “proves” the Catholic Church is wrong on something, your response should be, “Amen, I believe what the Bible says! As a Catholic, I believe everything the Bible says! However, I don’t agree with your personal interpretation of that passage.” The reason you don’t agree with their personal interpretation is because 100% of the time that you are presented with a verse that “proves” the Church wrong, either: a) the verse has been taken out of context, or b) the verse simply doesn’t say what they are trying to make it say.
#2) And this flows right from #1, the Catholic Church can be defended solely from the Bible better than any other Christian faith tradition can be. There is actually a good bit in the various Protestant faith traditions that does indeed contradict the Bible. So, do not be afraid to engage non-Catholics in a discussion of the Bible.
#3) If you are ever asked a question about your Faith that you cannot answer, don’t worry. There is an answer, you just need to go and find it. Simply respond, “I don’t know, but I will find out and get back to you.” Then find out and get back to them.
As Catholics, we need to reclaim the Bible. It is our book. We need to read it, pray it, learn it, and use it to bring our separated brothers and sisters back to the Church. If you keep these things in mind, you have started down the road to being a very effective apologist for the Catholic Faith.
 
Part of the Church’s foundation are the spiritual works of mercy, and among those are:
  1. Instruct the ignorant
  2. Correct (sometimes rendered admonish) the sinner
You are misusing the Scripture verses and trying to apply to them a meaning they do not have. In the story of the woman caught in adultery, the point is that punishment is for the Lord alone. Jesus clearly told the woman to “go and sin no more”. Christ came to bring the Truth and we are called to evangelize all nations.

Scripture directly contracts your statement regarding not correcting sinners. The Scriptures state that we are to correct a sinner privately, and then if they do not ammend take it before 2 or 3 people, and if they still do not then take it before the Church.

We cannot judge hearts, that is only for God. But, we absolutely can judge behavior as right or wrong and proclaim the Truth of the Gospel regarding the Way to Salvation that is Christ Jesus.

You are absolutely correct that the majority of this guidance, teaching, and instructing must be done via living the Gospel ourselves and being an example. But, it does not stop there-- teaching through catechesis and apologetics are also components of the spiritual works of mercy.
 
Odd that you should choose that scenario. The exact scenario was posed to me the last time I had talked to someone about this. I know I am walking into a trap if I answer this with what I hold to be true, but I would gladly condemn myself if I knew I could save a soul.

There are over a hundred different ways of looking at it and even more ways to answer it.

Let me give you a thought, what if you were wrong? Could you take him from his family, could you send him to jail and have there justice performed on him? Could you condemn his soul to that hell?

Child abuse is probably the sickest most vile thing man can do but what can be even sicker is the use of said abuse for gain.

Is condemning an innocent soul a sin?
God saw it important enough to have a specific commandment for just such an instance.

If we truly believe prayer will give us an answer to this problem than what do we have to worry? It is in gods hands.

God’s humble servant
John AH.

So you would do nothing and let the evil continue—let evil reign. If we are in a position to believe such an evil was being done to a child–we just pray about it and let this child be destroyed.
 
Is it not part of the good news to have people themselves realize they are sinning, for them to seek forgiveness? Is it not a natural step to stop wanting to sin?

I know that “casting the first stone” was not a direct instruction not to judge. It was for as you say it, for us not to punish and let god pass punishment. I was looking for the next step “why are we not supposed to punish?” That is why I gave my answer.

I am advocating guidance to sinners as apposed judgment (which I defined as passing punishment).
Guidance I will define as making known what sins are, not specifying one that we suspect you are committing.

Forgive my ignorance but I am unaware of said scripture.
Can you please tell me where I can find it to enlighten myself?

Thank you, this is the constructive criticism I was looking for.

God’s Humble Servant
John A.H.
 
Is it not part of the good news to have people themselves realize they are sinning, for them to seek forgiveness? Is it not a natural step to stop wanting to sin?

I know that “casting the first stone” was not a direct instruction not to judge. It was for as you say it, for us not to punish and let god pass punishment. I was looking for the next step “why are we not supposed to punish?” That is why I gave my answer.

I am advocating guidance to sinners as apposed judgment (which I defined as passing punishment).
Guidance I will define as making known what sins are, not specifying one that we suspect you are committing.

Forgive my ignorance but I am unaware of said scripture.
Can you please tell me where I can find it to enlighten myself?

Thank you, this is the constructive criticism I was looking for.

God’s Humble Servant
John A.H.
CCC 1868 Sin is a personal act. Moreover, we have a responsibility for the sins committed by others when we cooperate in them:
  • by participating directly and voluntarily in them;
  • by ordering, advising, praising, or approving them;
  • by not disclosing or not hindering them when we have an obligation to do so;
  • by protecting evil-doers.
 
Part of the Church’s foundation are the spiritual works of mercy, and among those are:
  1. Instruct the ignorant
  2. Correct (sometimes rendered admonish) the sinner
You are misusing the Scripture verses and trying to apply to them a meaning they do not have. In the story of the woman caught in adultery, the point is that punishment is for the Lord alone. Jesus clearly told the woman to “go and sin no more”. Christ came to bring the Truth and we are called to evangelize all nations.

Scripture directly contradicts your statement regarding not correcting sinners. The Scriptures state that we are to correct a sinner privately, and then if they do not ammend take it before 2 or 3 people, and if they still do not then take it before the Church.

We cannot judge hearts, that is only for God. But, we absolutely can judge behavior as right or wrong and proclaim the Truth of the Gospel regarding the Way to Salvation that is Christ Jesus.

You are absolutely correct that the majority of this guidance, teaching, and instructing must be done via living the Gospel ourselves and being an example. But, it does not stop there-- teaching through catechesis and apologetics are also components of the spiritual works of mercy.
Absolutely correct! No judgement on our part as to the condition of someone’s soul or eternal fate, but to not judge behavior and attempt to correct it when wrong is to commit a sin of omission. Like it or not we are our brothers keeper. Jesus did counsel humbleness, but not being a milquetoast.
 
I believe it all depends on how you learned of the sin.

If you were present, then obviously something must be done to stop it.

If it was here-say, how could you possibly know the truth?

If it was confided in you, why would the person involve you if he or she had doubts? They are looking for guidance, not judgment.

The sin of omission gives me allot to think about. I don’t know how to answer it fully just yet.

Child abuse
I have known both the abused and an accused abuser. The abused is the strongest person in faith I have ever known (no where near destroyed). The accused abuser I still call a friend (I pray that he has found peace with god and his accuser) for I don’t know what really happened. Real abusers are sick, not well in the head, many have been abused themselves. I ask you, how did we miss them when they searched for an answer to there pain?

I myself have been accused of greed. For over a year people turned there backs to me, refused to speak to me. After all the love and loyalty I had shown them over the years it took only one false accusation (brought on by miscommunication, it was not even malice) to turn everyone against me. What brought me through was my family (they never doubted me) and the tears of a child (because he was forbidden to speak to me).

Extreme caution must be taken in considering an action to sin you are NOT apart of. You can easily become an instrument of someone else’s vengeance.

I think I maybe missing more than one point of view in terms of how the sin was learned of. Can someone please give more examples?

God’s Humble Servant.
John AH
 
I believe it all depends on how you learned of the sin.

If you were present, then obviously something must be done to stop it.

If it was here-say, how could you possibly know the truth?If it was confided in you, why would the person involve you if he or she had doubts? They are looking for guidance, not judgment.

The sin of omission gives me allot to think about. I don’t know how to answer it fully just yet.

Child abuse
I have known both the abused and an accused abuser. The abused is the strongest person in faith I have ever known (no where near destroyed). The accused abuser I still call a friend (I pray that he has found peace with god and his accuser) for I don’t know what really happened. Real abusers are sick, not well in the head, many have been abused themselves. I ask you, how did we miss them when they searched for an answer to there pain?

I myself have been accused of greed. For over a year people turned there backs to me, refused to speak to me. After all the love and loyalty I had shown them over the years it took only one false accusation (brought on by miscommunication, it was not even malice) to turn everyone against me. What brought me through was my family (they never doubted me) and the tears of a child (because he was forbidden to speak to me).

Extreme caution must be taken in considering an action to sin you are NOT apart of. You can easily become an instrument of someone else’s vengeance.

I think I maybe missing more than one point of view in terms of how the sin was learned of. Can someone please give more examples?

God’s Humble Servant.
John AH

Many a child abuser has been caught by the evidence left behind–not by seeing them abuse a child first hand. The evidence of physical or sexual abuse that is notice by someone. Many a child abuser/and or someone protecting the abuser will say the child is accident prone—to account for the evidence of abuse on the child.

What if—people no longer started an investigation --because as you say–they did not see the abuse firsthand. Many are destroyed both physically and emotionally by being subject to abuse. Many children have been killed at the hands of abusers.

What you are promoting–will lead to one thing—the reign of evil—for people will be led to believe that they are not to rebuke it.
 
Ok let’s take a look at it your way. We tell the authorities, we prosecute the abuser. You are pleased because you think you have stopped a great evil, but wait you were wrong and you did not repent your sin (of false witness) because you did not know for absolute sure. What happens to your soul then?

Yes, I am afraid of prosecuting someone because of what happened to me. I tried to guide those against me but they would not listen. The roots of this has been in my mind before that happened to me.

It has happed over and over again throughout time. It happened to Jesus, he never gave in, and he never condemned himself. Something is missing. Is it all or nothing? Do we need 12 men of a jury to spread the cost of a soul (if we make a mistake)? Someone said there was scripture that says how to deal with it. Where is it?

How can everyone be a judge? Who is higher? Do we say oh he has been with the church forever so his judgment is higher?
Do we have to justify that the odds are good that the judge is right (but no one is perfect).

What about penance who decides that? Where are the rules?

Soul for soul which way gains the most or loosest the most? Who can really tell?

I have to trust prayer, my faith in god, not in man.
And fundamentally for me that is what it comes down to.

God’ Humble Servant
John AH
 
Ok let’s take a look at it your way. We tell the authorities, we prosecute the abuser. You are pleased because you think you have stopped a great evil, but wait you were wrong and you did not repent your sin (of false witness) because you did not know for absolute sure. What happens to your soul then?

Yes, I am afraid of prosecuting someone because of what happened to me. I tried to guide those against me but they would not listen. The roots of this has been in my mind before that happened to me.

It has happed over and over again throughout time. It happened to Jesus, he never gave in, and he never condemned himself. Something is missing. Is it all or nothing? Do we need 12 men of a jury to spread the cost of a soul (if we make a mistake)? Someone said there was scripture that says how to deal with it. Where is it?

How can everyone be a judge? Who is higher? Do we say oh he has been with the church forever so his judgment is higher?
Do we have to justify that the odds are good that the judge is right (but no one is perfect).

What about penance who decides that? Where are the rules?

Soul for soul which way gains the most or loosest the most? Who can really tell?

I have to trust prayer, my faith in god, not in man.
And fundamentally for me that is what it comes down to.

God’ Humble Servant
John AH

By all means lets turn a blind eye to the evil in the world. Tell nurses and doctors who examine and an abused child not to call the authorities. They don’t know (didn’t see it) the child is abused----they only see the result. Do you know how evil–just the thought of this is. Hasn’t Satan won a big part of the battle–in confusing us to think—that we sin by rebuking sin.
 
Hi Walking_Home, how are you there?

I think to rebuke sin is goodness.

If a child is abused, we have to do something to prevent this to happen again. That is not the question here.

The question here is, whether we are guided by God’s love in doing that. I mean, we can be guided by our own prejudice, and hatred, and anger which might lead us to misjudge. But with the Holy Spirit, who is God’s love, we will know exactly what to do for the sake of love, both for the child and the abuser. There are many possibilities of scenarios in real life, but yeah, according to “moral standard” we want to see justice (Here we will go to to the trial where all of us will have to face God).

To love a sinner means to bring him into repentance. To love sinners does not mean we let them “get away with it”, neither it means to say “it’s ok, you can continue doing what you are doing”. To love sinners is to bring them to repentance. To do this, it takes no less than the Holy Spirit guidance. It means we believe in God who forgives. Forgiveness means GUILTY people repent and God forgive them.

By the way, I am happy to see your post again.
 
I believe it all depends on how you learned of the sin.

If you were present, then obviously something must be done to stop it.

If it was here-say, how could you possibly know the truth?

If it was confided in you, why would the person involve you if he or she had doubts? They are looking for guidance, not judgment.

The sin of omission gives me allot to think about. I don’t know how to answer it fully just yet.

Child abuse
I have known both the abused and an accused abuser. The abused is the strongest person in faith I have ever known (no where near destroyed). The accused abuser I still call a friend (I pray that he has found peace with god and his accuser) for I don’t know what really happened. Real abusers are sick, not well in the head, many have been abused themselves. I ask you, how did we miss them when they searched for an answer to there pain?

I myself have been accused of greed. For over a year people turned there backs to me, refused to speak to me. After all the love and loyalty I had shown them over the years it took only one false accusation (brought on by miscommunication, it was not even malice) to turn everyone against me. What brought me through was my family (they never doubted me) and the tears of a child (because he was forbidden to speak to me).

Extreme caution must be taken in considering an action to sin you are NOT apart of. You can easily become an instrument of someone else’s vengeance.

I think I maybe missing more than one point of view in terms of how the sin was learned of. Can someone please give more examples?

God’s Humble Servant.
John AH
Obviously you cannot bear false witness against someone. That in itself is a grave sin. However, the Church teaching is very clear in CCC 1868 that if you know of a grave sin committed by another person and you do nothing then by your inaction you are cooperating in the sin of the other person and also protecting an evildoer.
Therefore if you know first hand of an evil someone is doing (like child abuse) or there is strong circumstantial evidence then it must be reported. Are you suggesting that if a child comes to school regularly sporting bruises on legs, arms, face a teacher should not bring that to the attention of social services?
 
I’ve been thinking about this. It’s true what John AH said that “it does not take malice to falsely accuse somebody”. A simple misunderstanding can bring about false accusations.

On the other hand, what if the crime did happened and might continue to happen again and again.

I think there are thousands of situations that we cannot generate “general step by step action list”. Instead, every situation needs discerment.

I’ve been falsely accused myself : people do not understand me just as much as I do not always know how to express myself, neither do I understand others. Thus in my walk with Jesus, I try hard to become a listener and hopefully I can learn to express and communicate better and better. On top of that, I believe in God’s love for me and for others. This is how we discern problematic situations in our daily life.

Now regarding how to deal with a suspect sinner.

I am with John AH regarding the attitude “we do not judge people”, because there is always possibility that “I might be wrong”. Thus I look into facts, and decide, based on God’s love for me and for others, what to do.

If we are in the area of “black and white” then we can simply decide what to do. But sometimes it’s not that easy : discernment and God the Holy Spirit is the one to guide us into truth.

As the bible say, the way of the light is “straight”. But the way of darkness is full of “twist and turn”. When we are in the dark, we cannot see where we are going. Sometimes we thought the way is “straight” (I am right). but turns out not really. Unless we have the light, we cannot see. What does this mean?

Children of light expects forgiveness of God. But children of darkness expect punishments (Unrepentant sinners do expect punishments). The way we discern “what to do” is guided by the light, if “God is with us”, or if not, then we are not guided. Just as the accuse is a sinner so are we. But if we are guided, we are with the truth, then we will walk on the way of truth, we will not make mistake in passing false accusations to others. Instead, we will reveal the truth.
 
I am a little disttressed on what I have been reading lately. The other day I read an apologist blasting a commenter for saying “let god be the judge” and basically not us. It was in reference to group who was claiming something that we all hold to be untrue.

**Let God be the judge, yes this is true, who are we to judge others where we are all sinners;) **

The apologist’s reasoning for the blast was the holy sprit gave us righteousness (if I remember correctly). Please forgive me if I am wrong but I have always been led to believe the holy sprit (given to us at confirmation) was a gift to give us the strength, the words, and the truth to spread the good news. I don’t remember the gift to judge one another. Wouldn’t that imply that we are better?

**Holy Spirit give us his word of wisdom and knowledge to share Gospel with others, and not judging one another. If we are to spread Gospel to others Christian who does not share the same view as we do, then let the fruit which we have developed shown to other that you have the patient and the peace to share. On earth which ever faith you comes from, to God are all the same, it is just like everyone wearing the same design Tshirt but of different colour that differential them.But it has always being the case that your partner/frez/parent would wanted us to walk together with them on the same path, that trigger all the debates…So looking it, it is human that create problem and not God **

People must judge themselves by what they hold true. We cannot make that choice for them. We cannot go to the priest and say oh father my friend has sinned. For not even a priest can judge us or them. Is it not ourselves who confess our sins?

Was it Jesus himself who said “let he who has not sinned cast the first stone”. We are all prone to sin, to making mistakes, how can we possibly pass judgment on someone else if we are not perfect? There is only one who is perfect and only he can judge. Isn’t that what we believe? > “He will come again to judge the living and the dead”.

I live by numbers so I offer another example.
Imagine someone you have known all your life, it can be anyone including yourself. Now think of everything you possibly can think of on how that person came to be. Every little moment in that life that has made that person who he or she is. Now put it into an equation, lets say this particular moment gave me hope for something (and give it a value), oh the dog snapped at me when I was a child (so I have forever hated dogs, minus points) and so on and so forth for everything. The equation is huge along with the value. I can tell you this there is not a single person on this earth who can do it. It would take an eternity to calculate the value. Even if we get that far, who can remember everything? Consequently, how can we possibly make judgment on someone else’s decision if we can’t possibly know all the factors on why they made that decision? Our lives are guided by our family, friends, people along the way, and the ultimate random number generator of “Life”. Only god can judge, for he has been with you since birth, he has seen every little step, every little moment that makes you, you. Only god knows why we made that decision because sometimes we don’t know why ourselves. Who are we to assume that role? He gave us guidelines to how we should live not on how we should judge.

My example
I have always told people I am not here to judge but to guide.
“You must take the steps to redemption by knowing why you need redemption.”
The “knowing” is where we come in, to offer the Commandments, the Beatitudes, the way of life of a Christian, and most importantly an example. They will ask if they want to know.

Final thoughts
I know it is difficult to see that people are ignorant of the truth. People want an easy life so they do sinful things to get it. We feel it is our duty as good Catholics to make the decision for them, but it does no good if we force them, they have to want to hear and live by it. It is a thin line between guidance and judgment but just remember judgment also gives a punishment. As Catholics we can offer them a good life full of meaning, redemption, love, respect, happiness, and hope.

Amen to that, you are very respectful to others and may you grow from faith to faith , glory to glory!!!

No one ever said it would be easy.

I don’t think I am wrong by what I have just written, it has taken me years of thought and observations to come to this conclusion. Believe me that this is only the brief explanation on how I got this answer. God forgive me I don’t like simple answers. I am open to answers, questions, comments, and suggestions.

You will be surprise sometime why you speak this way, it is becoz Holy Spirit manifest out in you that guide you to speak Godlý wisdom with peace…

God’s humble servant
J.A.H.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top