A miracle has been worked in my life!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForumPoster
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForumPoster

Guest
Ever since I was young, I was always an especially small child; Having come from a short family, it was only natural that things would progress this way, however, even from a young age, it was something that I acknowledged, and would eventually bring grief upon me. At first, during the earliest years of my life, the height discrepancy between me and my peers wasn’t large enough to create a drastic difference in my social interactions, however, as I entered into adolescence, the distance between me and the rest of the world was rapidly expanding until I was utterly left behind. Soon, I found that the common respect that others once had for me was gone, and in its place was an overwhelming amount of bullying that followed me all throughout late middle school and high school. This, combined with my diminutive size of 5’5, lead to me shutting myself off from the world and developing an overwhelming hatred for God. In my immoral mind, I figured that if God could’ve let such a thing happen to me, that He was simply a distant apathetic being with no affection towards me in the slightest.

Height soon began to consume my soul. It became the sole object of my fixation, and the primary force that compelled any of my actions. I was obsessed, and even more so, I was resentful. I hated taller people because I believed that I ought to have been one, and I hated shorter people because they reminded me of my own perceived flaws. Hatred was the extent of my character, and so consumed was I that soon I did little more than pray for this single intention and maintain myself to the exact extent required to receive my answer.

Eventually, I received a dream which suggested that love was the means through which God could bless me. Upon receiving it, however, I was puzzled. I figured that I had love within me before the storm struck (“I was a Christian, after all!”), and, having felt justified in my own understanding, I brushed the dream aside and continued living on in sheer immorality. Eventually the obsession reached a point where I decided to work up enough money for an X-Ray, and the results were devastating. Just as I was beginning to expect, all of my epiphyseal plates were fully fused, and there was no further chance of growing. On the night I discovered this, I was completely devastated to the point where I very nearly gave God my non-serviam, however before I was able to do so, I heard a still silent voice say the words “I love you”, and at those words, I was reminded of our Lord at the crucifix, and how he shed his blood for not just the abstract world’s, but my sake. I didn’t understand it at first–By now, I had truly believed God to be a negligent cosmic entity, however these three words were enough to break my own evil trance of self-righteousness and consider that perhaps I could be wrong.

Continued in Part 2
 
After this, I eventually began to delve more deeply into the Catholic faith and attend Church again. I still had my reservations, and was still somewhat resentful going in, however I was willing to give God a chance again. I didn’t notice any physical changes, however the darkness that was once clouding my mind was beginning to peel away like dead skin, and I was beginning to see things clearly again; I was also beginning to love again. In my youth, I loved God because adversity had not been known, now I loved Him even in the midst of adversity.

Soon, I found myself interacting more, and obsessing and praying over my height less, then, one morning, as I was preparing myself for Church, I noticed something strange: My balance was inexplicably off, and my shoes weren’t fitting right. At first I figured that it was the socks I was wearing, so I took them off and tried again. The problem remained. Then I tried buttoning up my suit, and it too was fitting improperly. Suddenly, seemingly overnight–everything had become too tight. I figured that I had simply gained weight, and decided to just throw my coat on top of it and tolerate it. After I put the undersized shoes on, I stumbled my way to the door, and as I went through and reached towards my pocket to grab my key and lock it behind me, I realized that my hand wasn’t fitting in the way it used to, and I could no longer seamlessly slide my arm through my pockets like I could before. Despite these signs, I still thought nothing of it; I was already coming to terms with my permanent stature, and didn’t figure that any changes were going to happen to me. By the time next week came around, however, I was beginning to worry. My shoes were hardly fitting at all, my hands were noticeably larger, and, unlike before, my line of sight was completely different. At this, I went to get some new clothes and schedule a Doctor’s appointment, and what I discovered was astonishing. I had been measured at 5’8–3 inches above my previous height. Upon hearing this, I broke down in tears of joy; That prayer, which I had poured my heart out over and nearly forgot about, was remembered and answered by God.

Even when I had nearly moved on, God didn’t. Even when I had nearly considered this a case closed, God was still investigating. Upon witnessing my prayer for height get answered even after all this time, it taught me that God actually cares more about our problems than we ourselves do, which serves as a great source of comfort for me. In retrospect, I’m somewhat glad that I went through this experience, as even when I was younger and more devout, I always had a sense of pride and entitlement. I believe that if God had given me everything I wanted under my terms, I would’ve eventually become unsalvageable. Thanks to this experience, however, I can now confidently place my faith in Christ, rather than my own self.

Continued in Part 3
 
As a side note, I recently went to get measured and X-Ray’d after the last visit a few months back, and learned that my epiphyseal plates were still fused. Despite this, I’ve actually grown to about 6’0. I also submitted some blood samples and got an MRI to rule out pituitary tumors, and thankfully, everything was fine. With that said, I never imagined that I’d ever get this tall, but regardless, I’m glad that Christ blessed me with this, and I’m truly thankful for all the people who prayed for me on these forums when I asked them to. If it wasn’t for you guys, I don’t think that I’d be here today, and I hope that with Paraclete’s guidance, I can use this blessing and testimony to bring about good in other people’s lives, so to that end, please continue praying for me!
 
“If you have faith like a mustard seed…” Thank you for sharing your story. I remember your post from the summer, when you asked why your prayers aren’t granted. You’ve grown from 5’5 to 6’0 since then? Out of curiosity, are you under 21? Men can grow up until around that age, or even later in some cases. Whether this is providence or a miracle, it’s inspiring that you persisted in your prayers. God is merciful! May he continue to bless you in your life.
 
Last edited:
Thank you! I’m not in my twenties yet, however my epiphyseal plates fused some time ago, so I wasn’t going to grow in any capacity without God’s grace. I’m super grateful that you guys didn’t give up on me, even when I was at my worst. Looking back at my older posts, I was extremely hostile, so I’d like to apologize for that. I’m also glad that I could serve as an inspiration, I just hope that I’m able to stay on the right path, God bless you!
 
Truly God has blessed you. Such a stunning testimony. Surly it must be a miracle. Keep on finding that joy through God. God love you.
 
Thank you so much! Please pray that I’m able to remain in Christ’s love and grace! God bless you!
 
Awesome post. I can just imagine the torment you went thru with others commenting on your height. I was always the tallest one in my class and in my family and boy was I ever tired of the endless dumb comments and questions about my height. You have grown taller, and I have shrunk about 2.5" as I get older lol. You may pass me if you keep growing. I was also on the skinny side and earned the dreaded nickname of “sticks” in highschool because of my thin legs. So all thru highschool no one ever called me by my real name, that hurt.

You know what though. Our souls are the same size and Gods love is just as abundant for all of us. If your like me you have probably learned to see people differently because of your experience. It made me have a special place in my heart for the underdogs of the world and to see everyone, no matter their looks or stature, as a child of God, and if God loves His creations, so too do I.

May God bless you, thanks for telling about your miracle, and may you continue to love God with your heart of a giant!!!
 
Hi…
I have read all of the posts on this thread, and they’re all very inspiring. I won’t go into details on my situation, but just wanted to ask if you would pray for me? My needs are similar (not regarding height) but needing the grace of Almighty God for healing in my life.
Thank you, and may God bless you.
 
Awesome post. I can just imagine the torment you went thru with others commenting on your height. I was always the tallest one in my class and in my family and boy was I ever tired of the endless dumb comments and questions about my height. You have grown taller, and I have shrunk about 2.5" as I get older lol. You may pass me if you keep growing. I was also on the skinny side and earned the dreaded nickname of “sticks” in highschool because of my thin legs. So all thru highschool no one ever called me by my real name, that hurt.

You know what though. Our souls are the same size and Gods love is just as abundant for all of us. If your like me you have probably learned to see people differently because of your experience. It made me have a special place in my heart for the underdogs of the world and to see everyone, no matter their looks or stature, as a child of God, and if God loves His creations, so too do I.

May God bless you, thanks for telling about your miracle, and may you continue to love God with your heart of a giant!!!
I definitely feel like I’ve gotten better for going through this. I can’t say with any certainty what God has planned for my life, however one thing that I’ve noticed in many people (including myself in the past) is that short stature can oftentimes be a great source of dread, and after having gone through the experience myself, I can empathize with others in a way that I couldn’t before. I hope that I can one day be a blessing to people and make their lives happier, even if just by a little bit!
Hi…
I have read all of the posts on this thread, and they’re all very inspiring. I won’t go into details on my situation, but just wanted to ask if you would pray for me? My needs are similar (not regarding height) but needing the grace of Almighty God for healing in my life.
Thank you, and may God bless you.
Absolutely! Keep in mind that my prayers are no stronger than yours, however! I hope that everyone reading this prays for you, although I hope that you’ll take confidence in knowing that Christ is always listening to you and working to achieve the greatest possible outcome for your life.

God bless you both!
 
Are you the guy who wanted everyone to pray for you so that you could grow and be taller then the crowd because you believed you had a distinct mission from God.
 
Of course, those of us with dwarfism can assure you, short stature does not mean that God loves you one ounce less!
 
Nice story. It reminds me when I was a teenager. A kid a few years younger was just about crying because he was short and asked me and a friend to pray that he’d grow taller. A year later we saw him again and he was taller than both of us. Height should not be an issue but people are judged by their looks in society. A great thing about getting older is that looks don’t seem to make as much of a difference. As outer beauty fades inner beauty becomes more important.
 
Thank you all for the replies! You’re absolutely correct in that physical appearance doesn’t affect God’s love for us, and I hope that if anyone who may be struggling reads this, that they’ll come to embrace Christ’s great love for them also!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top