A question for wives... about husbands

  • Thread starter Thread starter Debora123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to hearing all about your AF Adventure!

šŸ‘
oooo babies!!!
Lol you ladies are funny. 😃

I actually just woke up from a dream where I had a son. He was about 4 or 5 years old, had very tan skin, was pretty petite/skinny for his age, had very similar facial features as my husband, and brown hair kind of parted to the side. I’m so excited to start thinking about having kids soon, since we’ll finally get to afford them!

Anyway, I’ll definitely keep ya’ll updated. šŸ™‚
 
Lol you ladies are funny. 😃

I actually just woke up from a dream where I had a son. He was about 4 or 5 years old, had very tan skin, was pretty petite/skinny for his age, had very similar facial features as my husband, and brown hair kind of parted to the side. I’m so excited to start thinking about having kids soon, since we’ll finally get to afford them!

Anyway, I’ll definitely keep ya’ll updated. šŸ™‚
ooooo babies!
 
On top of being an officer, pilots also get added pay for the whole danger thing.
Only when in high danger areas such as a combat zone. Otherwise they only get hazardous duty pay… which is a nice couple hundred a month, but still not THAT much… and you only get that if your hubby is on flight status.

And I wouldn’t worry TOO terribly much about the ā€œdangerā€, we take very good care of our aircraft and we don’t exactly have any recent history of loosing tails (aircraft) in combat… šŸ˜› Our operational risk numbers are as low as most civilian blue collar jobs…
 
LOL! I’ve seen your picture and you are beautiful just as you are!

I am 41 and was contemplating botox and then I read something that a former super model wrote:

ā€œI could use botox, but then it would be like I am only relying on my looks to feel good about myself. I have realized that it’s time to work on my own self-esteem and not feed my shallow insecurities through plastic surgery. It’s time for me to find who I really am.ā€
As a fairly random aside: botox is the most acutely toxic substance known, with a median lethal dose (LD50 - intravenously) of roughly 0.005-0.05 µg/kg, meaning one teaspoon can kill 1.2 billion people. :eek:

-Byrnwiga
 
As a fairly random aside: botox is the most acutely toxic substance known, with a median lethal dose (LD50 - intravenously) of roughly 0.005-0.05 µg/kg, meaning one teaspoon can kill 1.2 billion people. :eek:

-Byrnwiga
I’m sure 15 years from now, we’ll find out that it does something terrible to the body.
 
Only when in high danger areas such as a combat zone. Otherwise they only get hazardous duty pay… which is a nice couple hundred a month, but still not THAT much… and you only get that if your hubby is on flight status.

And I wouldn’t worry TOO terribly much about the ā€œdangerā€, we take very good care of our aircraft and we don’t exactly have any recent history of loosing tails (aircraft) in combat… šŸ˜› Our operational risk numbers are as low as most civilian blue collar jobs…
Oh, my husband said pilots get a little ā€œincentiveā€ extra per month so long as they meet certain monthly flight time requirements… but I dunno, perhaps he’s wrong.

And yeah, I’m hoping he never has to do anything too risky. I don’t know if this is true or not, but from what I hear, fighter pilots actually tend to have a safer job than a lot of enlisted folks. Is there any truth to that?
 
As a fairly random aside: botox is the most acutely toxic substance known, with a median lethal dose (LD50 - intravenously) of roughly 0.005-0.05 µg/kg, meaning one teaspoon can kill 1.2 billion people. :eek:

-Byrnwiga
Yeah, I would never get botox or do anything like that with my face. It ends up looking kinda fake I think.

I do want to get my nose done though, and hopefully my breasts once I’m through with having children.
 
I have been with my husband for 6 years, and married to him for 2. He is a fantastic person, and we have a very good marriage.

Recently however, I’ve been having a difficult time getting him to engage in conversations with me. I mean sure, we mention how our day was and what we saw on TV or what is going on in the news and how much we dislike Obama… but I feel like we haven’t had strong, in depth, intimate communication in a while… the type that makes you feel close and connected to your spouse afterwards.

I try to talk to him and provoke conversation by asking him questions but he usually just responds with one word answers or with ā€œI don’t knowā€ā€¦ and when I say something to him like ā€œtalk to meā€ he just says ā€œI don’t have anything to say.ā€

This started happening more and more while I was trying to just have a good conversations with him, but now it’s gotten to the point where it’s infiltrated into our little fights/arguments.

When we get into one of our little spats, it usually ends in me getting very grumpy and instead of him trying to talk it out with me, he just shuts down. I mean he completely just shuts down. He turns around, walks away, sits at his computer desk and starts doing whatever he does. And when I tell him how I feel and try to get him to talk to me, he just sits in silence and says ā€œI don’t have anything else to say… I don’t know what to say.ā€

I know it sounds extremely petty, and considering this is the worst of our marital ā€œproblems,ā€ I probably shouldn’t even be complaining. But I’ve just began feeling a sense of intimate ā€œdisconnectā€ with him recently because of it. And I worry that this is going to end up hindering the strong, intimate, emotional connection that spouses are supposed to have with each other.

Ladies… is this normal? Is it just a normal ā€œguyā€ thing that is just now coming out since we’ve been together so long?

Guys… are you able to shed some light here from a man’s perspective??
I don’t know what to tell you because I/we have the same issue- funny thing is that my wife is the one who wont talk!

That’s what happens when a male therapist marries a female scientist. 😃
 
I don’t know what to tell you because I/we have the same issue- funny thing is that my wife is the one who wont talk!

That’s what happens when a male therapist marries a female scientist. 😃
LOL!

I dated a shrink once and I hated it b/c he was always ā€œprobingā€.😃
 
Yeah, I would never get botox or do anything like that with my face. It ends up looking kinda fake I think.

I do want to get my nose done though, and hopefully my breasts once I’m through with having children.
I’ve had 2 kids and my breasts still look fine. There is always hope for you yet 😃
 
As my wife would say ā€œFeelings… feelings! Why is it always feelings with you?ā€

Yeah I’ve got the opposite issue here too but I also had a tendency to be really passive aggressive in the past. Trying to get over that and be far more stoic. My wife likes strong, silent type guys but I’ve only got half of that down. Actually, I should say she likes people who talk. She finds them interesting and loves to hear their stories. She just doesn’t want to talk about feelings.

Sometimes that really sucks because we’ve been dealing with major issues that folks probably know about from other threads and I don’t know when she’s having a bout of anxiety or just generally worried about what’s going on with me because of something I said or did that reminded her of my past behavior. We’ve just got to work on trust and opening the lines of communication appropriately… without me just going on and on about feelings all the time because basically I should not really have much of them. Or at least I should be able to control them very well because, hey, I’m the man.
 
I’m sure 15 years from now, we’ll find out that it does something terrible to the body.
Surely not unlike mercury-based face powders of the Egyptians, or the arsenic-laced powders of the Elizabethans.

-Byrnwiga
 
Yeah, I would never get botox or do anything like that with my face. It ends up looking kinda fake I think.

I do want to get my nose done though, and hopefully my breasts once I’m through with having children.
Don’t assume you will need surgery after kids - I didn’t.

šŸ™‚
 
Yeah, I would never get botox or do anything like that with my face. It ends up looking kinda fake I think.

I do want to get my nose done though, and hopefully my breasts once I’m through with having children.
Debora,

Seriously, don’t do it. My wife has been talking about a nose job and face lift since I started dating her in 1998. I keep telling her to knock it off (jestfully, of course). As ā€œuglyā€ as she thinks she is, she continually gets random calls from casting agents to appear as an upscale (i.e., wealthy, good looking, etc.) background actress. Trust me, they’d be lined up calling you if you were in that position.

You are truly blessed with what you have; you don’t need to change one single thing. šŸ™‚
 
Debora,

Seriously, don’t do it. My wife has been talking about a nose job and face lift since I started dating her in 1998. I keep telling her to knock it off (jestfully, of course). As ā€œuglyā€ as she thinks she is, she continually gets random calls from casting agents to appear as an upscale (i.e., wealthy, good looking, etc.) background actress. Trust me, they’d be lined up calling you if you were in that position.

You are truly blessed with what you have; you don’t need to change one single thing. šŸ™‚
Aww well I appreciate the compliment! šŸ™‚

I broke my nose when I was really really young and never got it fixed lol. So I have a deviated septum and a bump on the ridge of my nose.
 
Surely not unlike mercury-based face powders of the Egyptians, or the arsenic-laced powders of the Elizabethans.

-Byrnwiga
yeah exactly.

they actually found out that botox causes muscle atrophy in other areas of the body in addition to the face. It travels around the body…yikes.

hence, bone loss for women…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top