I think this is a great idea everyone needs a place they can go to receive non-judgemental support. The holidays can be very hard to walk through life’s struggles in. I’m sorry for all of the ongoing struggles that have been mentioned here. I will keep you all in my prayers.
The past 6 months have been some of the best months of my life and some of the worst. After graduating from college in May I got married in June and moved 700 miles away with my husband from all of my family. Being in a new city is hard sometimes because I know very few people besides my DH, his brother, and a few of DH’s friends. Then I wasn’t able to find a teaching position in time here (stupid laws for transfering my license to a different state delayed the process of applying) so now I’m at a job where I’m constantly stressed and being underpaid for what I am doing, but it helps pay the bills so I keep it. DH’s car also broke down in August which cost us close to $1,000 to fix. We live on a very tight budget to begin with so we had to take that money out of our savings.
We found out at the beginning of September we were expecting our first child which was really exciting. We hadn’t planned on having kids this soon, but we were thrilled at the opportunity God had given us. At the end of October at 11 weeks of the pregnancy we found out our child had passed away at a doctor’s appointment. We had no warning and the child had been dead for at least a week or more. I ended up having an emergency D & C due to uncontrollable bleeding. Our insurance company is refusing to pay for any of the $15,000 in hospital bills because we haven’t been with them for 6 months yet. So now our already tight budget has become even tighter.
There was no reason for the miscarriage the doctor says, but I still analyze everything I did and didn’t during the pregnancy every day because it very well could have been my fault. I have so many people who explain how common miscarriages are and that just because you have one miscarriage doesn’t mean you will never have children, but they don’t know that. No one knows if we’ll ever have a child or if conceiving again would just put another child through the same pain. We have only been without our child for a month but every day I miss him more.
Thank you for starting this thread. I needed to vent and sometimes I am afraid to vent for fear of judgement.