J
jburgherr
Guest
This Friday, May 20th, 2005, The ABC News program 20/20 will air a segment named “Resurrection”. The segment is being advertised:
"The Resurrection of Jesus Christ: Searching for Answers. Elizabeth Vargas travels to the Holy Land and talks to scholars, writers and theologians about the debate at the core of the Christian faith.
I am concerned that ABC will place a weak Christian theologian to speak for Christianity and then position scientific possibilities as overwhelming fact. From what I have been able to discern from the advertisements, the tact that ABC is taking is that Jesus never really died on the cross but only wounded, and thus, there never really was a resurrection.
I am amazed that all of Christianity will likely take this lying down. Should ABC do such sacrilege to Muslims, Hindi, or Buddhists, there would be such an outcry that the entire world would take notice.
I know we are to “turn the other cheek”, but are we not also to defend the faith?
"The Resurrection of Jesus Christ: Searching for Answers. Elizabeth Vargas travels to the Holy Land and talks to scholars, writers and theologians about the debate at the core of the Christian faith.
I am concerned that ABC will place a weak Christian theologian to speak for Christianity and then position scientific possibilities as overwhelming fact. From what I have been able to discern from the advertisements, the tact that ABC is taking is that Jesus never really died on the cross but only wounded, and thus, there never really was a resurrection.
I am amazed that all of Christianity will likely take this lying down. Should ABC do such sacrilege to Muslims, Hindi, or Buddhists, there would be such an outcry that the entire world would take notice.
I know we are to “turn the other cheek”, but are we not also to defend the faith?