Let me make this last statement I made with the trilobite clear…I KNOW that that could not have happened…
Fine, prove it
I made an extreme point to MAKE my point…
It wasn’t an extreme point; it was (in all charity) nonsense.
that the evidence of trannsitional species in the fossil record simply doesn’t hold water…
All species and all fossils are transitional
Please provide a definition as to what you would like to see in a transitional species
.like a worm with legs…so what? We call those things centipedes and millipedes and the like
No, we don’t. The point the article was making is that precursors of arthropods began to be seen at this time.
You asked for transitional species and the linked article pointed out several instance of given organisms A and C, an organism B with features of both was found in the proper geographic and chronological location. That is what a transitional species is.
The discovery of the first ants (the ur-ant) is a great (and more modern) example of locating transitional species right where and when and with the appropriate features.
It is considered an empirical demonstration of the veracity of the theory.
…I’m talking about complex body plans…brains, hearts, kidneys…that sort of thing…I know those can’t be fossilized, but more complex species would naturally have more complex body plans
Don’t tell me you are resorting to “irreducible complexity”
…an ameba cannot give birth to a higher organism with a more complex make up system.
Once again you show a profound misrepresentation of what evolution actually says.
Mutations, though they may cause changes are not only rare but usually dangerous to the organism in question.
As stated above mutations are fairly common especially considering the number of cells that are around at any one time and the time-spans we’re considering.
Most mutations are harmless or neutral. Changing environmental pressures can cause an otherwise neutral gene to suddenly become selected for or against. The sickle cell gene in modern humans is a good example.
Whether this can be argued away with science is in my opinion left to be seen.
Given what you have indicated as your understanding of evolution I’m not sure what sort of evidence that you would accept or what bearing your opinion should have on the matter.
Maybe if we’re still around in a million years and we’ve evolved into something that looks completly different can this “theory” be finally proven as fact.
P7
Whether you like it or not, common descent is a fact. The exact workings of the mechanism(s) or the exact path taken will probably never be known but that is OK. You don’t need to know every single twist and turn and pothole in the road to know that it goes from here to there.
Science doesn’t “prove” anything. It just finds models that are compatible with the data. You show me a better fit to the data and then we’ll talk.
And while there are certain people who take strong exception to evolution, I have only heard them say “no”. I have never heard them come up with a robust counter-proposal other than “God did it.”
Now that’s fine but I can just as easily say God did it when it comes to evolution and I still have the preponderance of the evidence on my side.