T
thistle
Guest
I don’t understand why anybody could conceivably believe a terrorist/nazi would keep his word!
Last edited:
Jesus was, is, God. Resistance would have been the opposite of futile, He could have called down fire and brimstone from heaven, called legions of angels to destroy the entire Roman Empire. Christ’s humility and submission in torture and death is an example to us precisely because, unlike any torture victim in history, He did have all of the power in heaven and earth to not only resist, but, end it.But just like the prisoner in the concentration camp, Jesus understood that to resist is futile.
I don’t think anybody here means to say that. Most surely I did not mean to say it.So without pointing to any particular post, what I am getting from some is:
Every victim of sexual assault is sinning because they didn’t die instead of submitting to the sin of sex outside of marriage.
Thank you for this^^ Zaccheus.A woman who says “ok” to the demand for sex at gunpoint is not giving consent: she’s submitting. If she tries to placate the rapist that does not count as willing participation. She’s still submitting to an outrage upon her person.
Another of the endless speculative fictional What IF? posts generated as an attempt to present a Conundrum to God’s Commandments…Scenario: you are at a concentration camp and the camp commander says that if you sleep with him he will spare your family from execution. Yes, adultery is considered an instinsically evil act, and it is easy to say “don’t do it.” But would you really fault someone who did this spare his family? Would it really be the greater evil to let your family die?
The question essentially was at what point of psychological duress does one become incapable of free choice. I answered rightly that I don’t know. Either way, it was irrelevant to the question the OP originally asked, which had to do with that conscious free choice, assuming that one was capable of making it.So would the woman need to be beaten unconscious before she could no longer consent to the act
Not true. If that were the case, martyrdom would have zero merit, because martyrdom would not be a conscious choice.Consent under duress is not consent at all.