After The Rapture

  • Thread starter Thread starter doke
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doke

Guest
I remember reading somewhere that after the 7 years are up, jesus saves everybody who went to hell except suicidal people. Is this true?
 
is it true that you remember reading it? I don’t know. As for the other thing … no
 
which 7 years?
there is no CAtholic doctrine that says this so unless you can state where you read this there is not much to discuss.
 
After the 7 years that the antichrist rules the earth and jesus comes to save everyone
 
The “gathering together” in the clouds (or what some people call the Rapture) does not happen until after the Antichrist is defeated. This gathering together happens at Jesus’ Second Coming.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 “Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

This son of perdition is the Antichrist. Read more about this at:

understandingscripture.com/Rapture.htm
 
I remember reading somewhere that after the 7 years are up, jesus saves everybody who went to hell except suicidal people. Is this true?
  1. There is no such thing as the Rapture therefore there is no “after the Rapture.”
  2. Once you are in Hell, there is no getting out.
  3. Even if the other points weren’t an issue, why on Earth would there be an exception for suicides? We don’t know who is in Hell.
 
  1. There is no such thing as the Rapture therefore there is no “after the Rapture.”
  2. Once you are in Hell, there is no getting out.
  3. Even if the other points weren’t an issue, why on Earth would there be an exception for suicides? We don’t know who is in Hell.
Not to sound stupid, although I completely agree with you, I do think that there is one exception to the “there is no getting out” thing. If you have a “Get out of Hell Free Card”…Just Kidding 😛

But seriously, the exception, unless I’m mistaken and can be corrected (which would be appreciated!) is Jesus Christ and those who were freed from hell. Unless I’m mistaken, then I apologize.
 
But seriously, the exception, unless I’m mistaken and can be corrected (which would be appreciated!) is Jesus Christ and those who were freed from hell. Unless I’m mistaken, then I apologize.
I think you are referring to the part of the Creed where it says Jesus descended into Hell along with Eph 4:8. The Hell referred to there is not the Hell that is the eternal lake of fire. Prior to His crucifixion, no one could enter Heaven. There was a sort of temporary holding area where those destined for Heaven went until they could enter Heaven. I believe this is what is called Sheol in the Hebrew but I’m not positive I have that right.
 
I think you are referring to the part of the Creed where it says Jesus descended into Hell along with Eph 4:8. The Hell referred to there is not the Hell that is the eternal lake of fire. Prior to His crucifixion, no one could enter Heaven. There was a sort of temporary holding area where those destined for Heaven went until they could enter Heaven. I believe this is what is called Sheol in the Hebrew but I’m not positive I have that right.
So, something akin to…Limbo? Maybe I should check the CCC…And yes, I was referring to that.
 
So, something akin to…Limbo? Maybe I should check the CCC…And yes, I was referring to that.
No. Limbo was a speculation by some medieval theologians to answer the question of what happens to the souls of children who die before being baptized. It’s never been a teaching of the Church and has all but disappeared.
 
No. Limbo was a speculation by some medieval theologians to answer the question of what happens to the souls of children who die before being baptized. It’s never been a teaching of the Church and has all but disappeared.
Actually, that’s the Limbo of the Infants. I think he’s referring to the Limbo of the Fathers. 🙂
 
The true rapture and the anti-biblical rapture theory that circulates in some protestant circles are two very different things. At the end of time, Jesus will come just once. He will gather His people in the clouds and that is it— JUDGEMENT. The sheep will be separated from the goats and the sheep go to heaven. The goats go to eternal hell.

The popular rapture notion that you appear to be referring to was invented in the 1800’s. It requires the serious manipulation of the scriptures to arrive at such a ridiculous conclusion. Imagine, for almost 2000 years no one ever heard this notion of rapture, then seven years of Satan, then second coming. Now, millions of people are being led astray by this false doctrine.

Jesus does NOT save people in hell. Hell is eternal. There was a time when people assumed all suicides go to hell. Now we do not make such assumptions because we cannot know their knowledge of their sin. There are three criteria for a sin to be mortal: the sin must be grave (murder of self is certainly grave), the sin must be committed with complete consent (not forced), and the sinner must have full knowledge of the severity of their sin( this cannot be assumed because most suicidal people are not in their right mind)

You can search the Catholic Answers data base for more information on the false doctrine of the rapture versus the true and biblical rapture (the parousia) as taught by the Church.
 
I remember reading somewhere that after the 7 years are up, jesus saves everybody who went to hell except suicidal people. Is this true?
To begin at the beginning. There isn’t going to be a rapture. This is an 18th century Protestant creation. It does fit in with “once saved always saved” because it gets one out of the messy “judgments” found throught the New Testatment cf. Rm 2.

Jesus will come again, in glory, to judge the living and the dead, but he ill not come a secret second time to rapture people and then a 3rd time in glory to judge the “left behind”…
 
First of all, it is the Book of Revelation, not Book of Revelations (or it can be called the Revelation to John or the Apocalypse). No, it is not false, just largely misunderstood. Please show specific passages that support the notion of rapture as understood by many protestants (Jesus will take believers, then there will be seven years, then judgement). Besides that, you will likely need to quote more scripture than the Book of Revelation. Passages from Daniel and Thessalonians are usually used too. Then we will help you to understand how those passages are being twisted to support this anti-biblical belief.

To be clear: Catholics do not deny that we will be gathered up when Jesus comes again; this is the true Rapture. We do insist that Jesus will only come once. After He comes, it is time for judgment.

The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ upon Peter the Apostle (Mt 16:18). The Church has been given the Holy Spirit as her guide (John 16:13). The Church has given witness to the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles for 2000 years. Up until about 200 hundred years ago, no one ever dreamed of this pre-millenial rapture hooey. Now, because of pop culture and Tim LeHaye (who wrote an unfortunately popular series of FICTIONAL books) this dangerous doctrine is being accepted in all sorts of denominations. Please do not be deceived. Ask yourself what makes more sense— who is likely to have the accurate teaching? The Church that was present in the apostolic age or some rogue who came along in the 1800’s and decided to interpret the scriptures on his own?

We all need to follow Peter’s wisdom regarding the scriptures from 2 Pet 3:16-17: "In them there are some things hard to understand that the ignorant and unstable distort to their own destruction, just as they do the other scriptures. Therefore, beloved, since you are forewarned, be on your guard not to be led into the error of the unprincipled and to fall from your own stability.
 
so your saying the book of revalations is false?
Not at all. Just that the generally prevailing interpretations of modern men with regard to the 2nd coming are incorrect according to the Word of God and the verifiable writings of the Early Church.

Suggest that you carefully read this. A friend of mine has been reading the “Left Behind” books that have all of this stuff about the “Rapture” in them…is there really going to be a “Rapture” like these books talk about?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top