Al Franken Clears the Room

  • Thread starter Thread starter jlw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlw

Guest
*“Al, hurry up,” said Michael Harrison, publisher of Talkers magazine, the convention sponsor.

*“It’s freedom of speech,” replied Franken, referring to the Freedom of Speech Award he’d just been given by the magazine.

“It’s not freedom to kill everybody’s evening,” Harrison shot back.

“I have about two pages left,” Franken said.

“There are people walking out” Harrison noted.*

radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2005/06/franken-antics-lead-to-convention.html
 
This is excellent. 🙂

The raving lunatic finally is treated as what he is. :whacky:

That would be, a raving lunatic who is Not Worth Listening To. :sleep:

Alan
 
FUNNY! I especially like Rusty Humphrie’s response to Fraken. Love that Rusty. :rotfl:
 
jlw said:
*“Al, hurry up,” said Michael Harrison, publisher of Talkers magazine, the convention sponsor.

*“It’s freedom of speech,” replied Franken, referring to the Freedom of Speech Award he’d just been given by the magazine.

“It’s not freedom to kill everybody’s evening,” Harrison shot back.

“I have about two pages left,” Franken said.

“There are people walking out” Harrison noted.*

radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2005/06/franken-antics-lead-to-convention.html

He must have had some kind of break down…
 
I’m afraid it’s only too true that most of my fellow Minnesotans are dyed in the wool never question the left’s motivations voters. They’d vote for a lamppost if it was on the Dem ticket, so why not Franken? A man who doesn’t have to think for himself. He’d be perfect as a Dem US senator. For the first time in his life he’d see how nothing he is and how little anyone cares about his opinions.
 
My favorite part was the author’s label “alleged comedian” for Franken.
 
40.png
Della:
I’m afraid it’s only too true that most of my fellow Minnesotans are dyed in the wool never question the left’s motivations voters. They’d vote for a lamppost if it was on the Dem ticket, so why not Franken? A man who doesn’t have to think for himself. He’d be perfect as a Dem US senator. For the first time in his life he’d see how nothing he is and how little anyone cares about his opinions.
After California sent Sonny Bono to Washington and elected the dippy woman Barbara Boxer in the “year of the woman” rather than Bruce Herschenson, I gave up taking them too seriously. I mean you could sell tickets to these kind of things!
 
This is why I don’t listen to Air America. I find it unending and intollerable.
 
40.png
gilliam:
This is why I don’t listen to Air America. I find it unending and intollerable.
I still listen occasionally - typically to Randi Rhodes on my drive home. It’s like a train wreck. They recycle the same conspiracy theories about Bush every day. Today was a connect-the-dots of how the Republicans prop up dictators so they can profit from oil and drug trafficing…yadda, yadda, yadda.

If I hear anything new and convincing, I will let you know. 🙂
 
Hey guys…He’s good enough, He’s smart enough, and doggone it, people walk out on him. 😉
 
Apparently Mr Franken didn’t hear about the Roosevelt guide to the perfect after dinner speech:

Be sincere
Be brief
Be seated

Lisa N
 
40.png
gilliam:
This is why I don’t listen to Air America. I find it unending and intollerable.
I do not even know, and do not really care, if they are on here in Detroit.

PF
 
The most notable thing about Al Franken is that he loves to play tough guy–as long as he’s dealing with people who are either too surprised or too civilized to fight back.

Yup, if he’s in a room, it would most likely clear me out of it as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top