M
MidnightSun12
Guest
I don’t know how his friend actually phrased this comment (it sounds like it might have been done insensitively and I can certainly sympathize with the OP if that’s the case). If my post did come off as antagonizing to the OP, he most certainly has my apology!I would, with all due respect, argue your hypothesis by pointing out that while it may be God’s will to let him know in due time, it is not his friend’s place to speak for God.
Peace and all good!
It is true, however, that if we are called to marriage then God has chosen our spouses before we were born (I recommend reading the story of Tobiah and Sarah). Also, this scripture verse further captures this fact:
Proverbs 19:14:
It stands to reason, then, that if you are a single guy/gal and feel that you are called to marriage then there must be something that God wants you to work on before He brings your spouse into your life. I know, as a 25 year old male who just returned to the faith, I lived a very immoral life for a long time. For over 10 years, I viewed women as objects and allowed lust to control my life… it could very well take me another decade before I can look on my future spouse with saintly-eyes. God’s not punishing me by having me wait to get married… in fact, if He brought my spouse into my life before I’m ready, my marriage would not be a happy one.House and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord
So to re-emphasize, we do not meet our chosen spouses on our own. God brings us our spouse as a reward for living a moral and charitable life. This is actually wonderful news… we don’t have to worry about having to compromise our faith by marrying the best of “limited options”… God has a spouse who is spiritually-perfect for you! All that we have to focus on is loving God with our whole heart (and loving our neighbour as an extension) and God will take care of everything else in life… Life is really that simple!