And Still They Reenlist

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
wabrams:
Very true, but what has made them do those things?
That is a very deep theological question that we have been wrestling with for over 1,300 years now.
 
40.png
Fitz:
I think your sarcasm with me speaks volumes of what you think of someone with another viewpoint on this.
No, I have no problem with people who have different viewpoints from mine.

But, when someone says, as you did to me, “You don’t have a clue about the average military person,” I saw that as deliberate fighting words (given that I served as long as I did), and I gave back to you the same as you gave to me with that statement.

I appreciate your clarification.

I don’t mind that you were part of the college students who protested against the war. The war was a mistake to begin with and just got worse every year.

By the beginning of the 70s, it wasn’t just long-haired leftists who wanted us out of Vietnam, but even the tinted hair conservative ladies. 🙂
 
vern humphrey:
If you had an opportunity to work with the New Breed, you’d see they have taken professionalism to a whole new level.
The New Breed? Fine, your pride in and high regard for those soldiers shows and that’s great.

I, however, will stick to my belief that professionalism is professionalism and no war lacks for officers with the highest standards of professionalism. I saw them in Vietnam, you’ve seen them there and in Iraq as well.
 
40.png
Shoshana:
Code:
The more unadulterated it is, the more pure the motivation.

Christ is risen…truly He is riasen!
Shoshana
So what does “purity” have to do with anything? Is it immoral to work for someone without some selfish motives – like getting paid?

Is a fireman who saves your child any less of a hero when he works for a salary? Is a nation which acts in the general interest of mankind any less if that interest is also their own?
 
Steve O'Brien:
The phrase “infected with depleted uranium sickness” should be understood in this sense: “exposed to depleted uranium, which many fear may cause cancer and birth defects.” .
If you go to the park and sit on a concrete bench, you will get more radiation from that bench that from DU. In addition, DU is an Alpha emitter – Alpha particles cannot penetrate the human skin.

The danger from DU is from heavy metal poisoning – the same thing you’d get from lead or mercury. Precautions to prvent breathing the ash when working around knocked-out and burned vehicles is indicated, as well as a thorough wash-down before eating.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top