Angels and Gen 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarkMark
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auriel,

There are a few versions of Catholic Bibles. There’s one similar to the King James Version that came out before that did. Its called the Douay-Rheims Version. It has the same kind of English.

The others are anywhere from scholarly English to simple English. I study with the New American Bible [Catholic] but I read the Good News Bible [Catholic Study Edition] since the English is far simpler.

The difference between the Catholic Bibles and Protestant Bibles, is the number of books and the length of a few. Catholic Bibles have more books than the Protestant versions, and a few books are longer than in the Protestant versions. This is because Protestants at the time of the Reformation and later, chose the Jewish canon of the Bible and took out more books and shortened the length of a few until the number came out to 66 and it matched their philosophy. Before this, the only Bibles were Catholic ones, since it was the Catholic Church that compiled the books together and chose their own canon. Without the Catholic Church, we wouldn’t have a Bible today…we’d have to go to museums and look at the aging copies the prophets and apostles wrote.

I’d be happy to give you links for more information, if you want them. It helps to know LOTS of history, especially the apostolic history. 👍
 
Thanks for the info. Actually after reading your post I decided to check it out for myself. I was surprised to find that the Original 1611 version of the King James Bible is nothing like the one we use now.

The 1611 version was more like the Catholic Bible. It was based on the Stephanus copy of the Textus Receptus, the Latin Vulgate and other translations. It also included the apocryphal books. It has been revised 16 times since then. Interesting. I do like the way it reads however. But then again I love Shakespeare. LOL
 
i don’t know if someone mentioned this already. if they did forgive me. but, i seem to recall that the concept of angels having relations with women and producing giants comes from the Book of Enoch. i may be wrong. can anyone verify?
 
Auriel,

I see! 🙂 I don’t mind if you prefer the older English. Its just that I, myself, can’t get my head wrapped around the older English that the Douay-Rheims/King James uses. I guess its a matter of intelligence or something.

Jam,

That’s already been discussed and found to be untrue. The Bible does not say that giants came into being that way. Angels never had, and never will have [not even fallen angels], the “equipment” nor a way to do bed stuff with others.
 
Auriel,

I see! 🙂 I don’t mind if you prefer the older English. Its just that I, myself, can’t get my head wrapped around the older English that the Douay-Rheims/King James uses. I guess its a matter of intelligence or something.

Jam,

That’s already been discussed and found to be untrue. The Bible does not say that giants came into being that way. Angels never had, and never will have [not even fallen angels], the “equipment” nor a way to do bed stuff with others.
I was asking about the book of Enoch. which is not part of the canon but, some such as the Ethiopian church regards it as inspired. it does mention angels having relations with women and producing giants. this must be where the whole idea came from. it must have come from the book of Enoch.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
 
I was asking about the book of Enoch. which is not part of the canon but, some such as the Ethiopian church regards it as inspired. it does mention angels having relations with women and producing giants. this must be where the whole idea came from. it must have come from the book of Enoch.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
Oh. I missed the part where you mentioned it was from Enoch; as its not in our canon, I’m afraid the concept has no papal approval. So I personally would not believe that concept.
%between%
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top