Anne Rice Gets Biblical in Her Next Book

  • Thread starter Thread starter preyoflove
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

preyoflove

Guest
** Anne Rice Gets Biblical in Her Next Book **
Code:
                                                                                                            *Sat May  7,10:06 AM ET*
** NEW YORK - Vampires are usually her passion, but Anne Rice is getting biblical in her next book, due out in November from publisher Random House. “Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt” will tell the story of Jesus’ early years in his own words. **

Excerpts of a lengthy letter that will accompany advance review copies of the book this summer are published in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine.

“For over 10 years I’ve wanted to do this book — Jesus in his own words,” Rice writes. “For five years, I’ve been obsessed with how to do it, and for the last three years I’ve been consumed with nothing else.”

Rice, who has moved from New Orleans to San Diego, brought the undead back to life in the 1970s with “Interview With the Vampire.”

"I’m not a priest," Rice also writes in the letter. "I can’t be one. I’ll never be able to go to the altar of the Lord and say the words of consecration at Mass, `This is my body. This is my blood.’ No, I can’t work that magnificent Eucharistic miracle. ***But in humility, I have attempted something transformative which we writers dare to call a miracle in the imperfect human idiom we possess. It’s to bring Him here in the form a story, and that story is Christ The Lord."
:clapping::clapping:
*:clapping:

(Source: news.yahoo.com/s/ap/people_anne_rice )
 
Interesting…I wonder what way she will go with the book…and what the Church will have to say about it.
 
Tyler Smedley:
Interesting…I wonder what way she will go with the book…and what the Church will have to say about it.
That line I enlarged really impressed me about Rice’s present state of Catholic reversion. She just hit the nail on its head with that explanation. That’s the whole reason why women just cannot be priests. I await with thrill how her fiction will reflect her state of reversion in this point in time.

Peace, bring it on, baby!
 
Hhmm…reversion? Isn’t Anne Rice always an avowed Catholic?
 
I thought that she had lost her faith after the death of her son. I seem to remember her saying that once in an interview.
 
preyoflove said:
**
Anne Rice Gets Biblical in Her Next Book**

Sat May 7,10:06 AM ET

**NEW YORK - Vampires are usually her passion, but Anne Rice is getting biblical in her next book, due out in November from publisher Random House. “Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt” will tell the story of Jesus’ early years in his own words. **

Excerpts of a lengthy letter that will accompany advance review copies of the book this summer are published in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine.

“For over 10 years I’ve wanted to do this book — Jesus in his own words,” Rice writes. “For five years, I’ve been obsessed with how to do it, and for the last three years I’ve been consumed with nothing else.”

Rice, who has moved from New Orleans to San Diego, brought the undead back to life in the 1970s with “Interview With the Vampire.”

"I’m not a priest," Rice also writes in the letter. "I can’t be one. I’ll never be able to go to the altar of the Lord and say the words of consecration at Mass, `This is my body. This is my blood.’ No, I can’t work that magnificent Eucharistic miracle. ***But in humility, I have attempted something transformative which we writers dare to call a miracle in the imperfect human idiom we possess. It’s to bring Him here in the form a story, and that story is Christ The Lord."
**:clapping:
:clapping:
***:clapping:**

(Source: news.yahoo.com/s/ap/people_anne_rice )

“No, I can’t work that Eucharistic miracle” stands out to me. It’s not like a priest can, either. God does it.
 
Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat
Queen of the Damned

The best vampire fantasy books I have ever read.

I know she did a few more, but I chose to stop at the trilogy.

Ramses The Mummy was very good as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top