Another X-files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMHW

For no particular reason other than that it is on my all time favorites list and I don’t think it gets the credit that my other favs do and I just like to see “X-files” in print.

I love it when the X-files shows up on lists of significant television programs in TV Guide or on other lists.

And I am REALLY, really happy that there will be movie soon.

Do you like the main plot episodes better ot eh standalones? i likethe standalones.:hypno: :bigyikes:

Do you like the main plot episodes better ot eh standalones? i likethe standalones.:hypno: :bigyikes:
I like the standalones! 👍 But I faded away after Mulder disappeared…just wasn’t the same.

Yeah, who knows about the upcoming movie???

I like many of the stand-a-lones but I’m definitely a bigger mytharc fan. Some of my favorite episodes are the Anasazi/the Blessing Way/Paper Clip trilogy, Bad Blood, Detour, Small Potatoes, Christmas Carol, Emily, and Unusual Suspects.

I had no problem with the new characters in Seasons 8 and 9 but I didn’t think the writing was up to par with the earlier seasons and I hated that “Who’s the father?” game.

The movie is supposed to come out in July (the 25th, I think) of this year. That seems to be an awfully short amount of time to do the post production since they still have much, if not most, of the filming to finish.

One of the freakiest X-files that I ever saw was the episode in which the handicapped mother lived under the bed and her sons cared for her. Do any of you remember that one? They were desperate for another child and the mother slept with all her genetically mutated sons.

The scary scene was one in which they murdered a sheriff but very happy music was playing in the background.:eek:

I don’t know why but that episode just freaked me out. It doesn’t get a lot of play when ever the series is in roatation on tv. I read somewhere that the whole subject of incest between the mother and sons bothered the censors.(That might just be a rumor though)

I don’t think that the X-files gets enough credit for being as intelligently written as it was.

I prefered the stand alone episodes. Often, I’ve wished that they would make a movie based on one of those episodes.

One of the freakiest X-files that I ever saw was the episode in which the handicapped mother lived under the bed and her sons cared for her. Do any of you remember that one? They were desperate for another child and the mother slept with all her genetically mutated sons.

The scary scene was one in which they murdered a sheriff but very happy music was playing in the background.:eek:

I don’t know why but that episode just freaked me out. It doesn’t get a lot of play when ever the series is in roatation on tv. I read somewhere that the whole subject of incest between the mother and sons bothered the censors.(That might just be a rumor though)
Yeah, that was a weird and disgusting one. :eek:
I don’t think that the X-files gets enough credit for being as intelligently written as it was.
I totally agree – it was extremely well-written. Two of my favorite things about the series was it’s level of writing and the relationship between Mulder and Scully. I loved how they were so close, yet it was never sexual, something you rarely see anymore in entertainment. There was genuine caring for each other and yes, while they almost kissed in the movie, that was OK – it took what, 7 seasons to get that far? 😃

Oh, a third favorite thing: David Duchovny in general. 😛

That episode with the creepy mom was just that…creepy. I recall my favorite episode being the one with that guy from Monk. The one where his shadow sucks people in. It was a standalone-big story crossover cuz that one informant guy shows up. Another great one I remember was on a train. Man, it’s been so long since I’ve seen episodes.

Did any of the rest of you see the 1st episode as it originally aired? :confused: I was in college…must have been 18, and I went to a friends’ house after 3 of us had golfed, and we just turned on the TV, and here was this premier of this cool show with kids with the words “He is one” painted on their backs!

What a start!

I’m so excited!

I’ve been waiting to hear news about whether or not Mitch Pileggi (Assistant Director Skinner) would be in the new movie and it it seems as though he will be!

That episode with the creepy mom was just that…creepy. I recall my favorite episode being the one with that guy from Monk. The one where his shadow sucks people in. It was a standalone-big story crossover cuz that one informant guy shows up. Another great one I remember was on a train. Man, it’s been so long since I’ve seen episodes.

Did any of the rest of you see the 1st episode as it originally aired? :confused: I was in college…must have been 18, and I went to a friends’ house after 3 of us had golfed, and we just turned on the TV, and here was this premier of this cool show with kids with the words “He is one” painted on their backs!

What a start!
I saw it but it has been a long time ago. I think that scifi is airing reruns of the X-files. Maybe they will air the original one soon.

I only watched the show a few times until Robert Patrick came on board. I thought the actors were sooooo boring and they mumbled their lines.

Then Agent John Doggett came on board and got water thrown in his face in his very first episode.

I never watched Terminator and had no idea who the heck Robert Patrick was back then. But he drew me into the X-Files in Seasons 8 and 9, and I am now a major RP fan.

My favorite episode is “John Doe,” which is a great Doggett episode in Season 9. I also like “Audrey Pauley.” IMO, both of these episodes were very well-written.

Hated the Mulder-Scully-Baby-Alien storyline.

TNT has been airing 3 episodes on Mon.night/Tues. morning and 4 episodes on Thur./Fri.

Does anyone own any of the season DVDs? Which season was the best? I’m inclined to think it was #2.

I have all the seasons on DVD. I can’t say that I have a favorite. Every time I would finish a season, I would think, surely that was the best one, only to be corrected by myself at a later date. But seriously, the best season was…

Jon

Well Season 2 has the creepy carny folk episode with the Figi Mermaid thing that comes out of the guy’s gut…that was sufficiently disgusting. Season 1 is fabulous, too, because it was all just so surprising and new. I only have the first 2 seasons on DVD.

Which season is the one where Mulder and Scully pose as a married couple and move into the creepy gated community with all the weird rules and the “trash monster”…I love that one

I have seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 on DVD. I have the six episodes of season 4 that were released as a set for VHS. (And I have my own recordings of seasons 8 and 9 on VHS.)

I think seasons 2, 3, and 4 were the best. But there are plenty of episodes from the other seasons that I like too.

I didn’t think much of season 9 however. And it wasn’t just because Mulder wasn’t there. It was more because Scully seemed to have turned stupid. Every time you turned around she was leaving the kid in some new kind of danger.:confused:🤷:eek: And what were they thinking of with that Brady Bunch episode???

I only watched the show a few times until Robert Patrick came on board. I thought the actors were sooooo boring and they mumbled their lines.

Then Agent John Doggett came on board and got water thrown in his face in his very first episode.

I never watched Terminator and had no idea who the heck Robert Patrick was back then. But he drew me into the X-Files in Seasons 8 and 9, and I am now a major RP fan.

My favorite episode is “John Doe,” which is a great Doggett episode in Season 9. I also like “Audrey Pauley.” IMO, both of these episodes were very well-written.

Hated the Mulder-Scully-Baby-Alien storyline.
Interesting - I was an avid, obsessive viewer from the original airing of the pilot, never missed an episode. LOVED Mulder and Scully, mumbling and flashlights and all. Part of its charm. Also loved Robert Patrick at the time, in movies. I was open to him coming on board, I still love him in movies, but I have to say I hated Doggett. I used to say he killed the show, but I realize now that wasn’t fair - Fox and Carter are to blame for that, and it was already dying in season 7. My personal conviction is that Mulder and Scully were eaten by that Mushroom in season 6’s “Fieldtrip”, and everything following was a hallucination 😃

I think I could have enjoyed Doggett (though Moronica Reyes appreciation would be asking a lot) if it had been a spin-off, or if they had gotten rid of both Mulder and Scully at the same time and continued on with Patrick and Gish. To me the X-Files were never about the cases or the mytharc, they were about the characters of Mulder and Scully and their relationship with each other (though I wasn’t a shipper, despite believing they slept together once, between “Milagro” and “The Unnatural”). I LOATHED the baby storyline.

I own the first 7 seasons on dvd, and have seen 8 & 9. Hated the last episode, it was beyond terrible. Of the first 7 seasons I’ve seen almost every episode a mimimum of 10 times, many have a higher rewatch rate. No, I do not have a life 😛 My exceptions are “Home” (I know it’s beloved and critically acclaimed, but it gives me panic attacks), “Two Fathers/One Son”, “3”, and “In The Field Where I Died”. It was my obsession until I discovered Farscape (now my #1 show of all time, though X-Files will always hold a special place in my heart) I think season 2 is the scariest, 5 is the most innovative, and 3 & 6 have the most rewatch value for me.

I don’t know if I could name a favorite episode, there are too many that I love for too many varying reasons.

I hope the new movie is good, but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll see it in the theater though, which is a rare thing for me 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back