K
kyleboerner
Guest
Anti-Catholic attacks have been common in my life, esp. from family and friends.
Anti-Catholic attacks pertaining to the “child abuse scandal” was recently brought up and the typical statements were made; “priests should be married”, etc., etc.
However, the only roadblock that came up for me was when the following statements were made; “the vatican covered it up”, “the vatican moved priests to different churches”, “why didn’t the vatican send the priests to jail”, “the vatican thought counseling would suffice”, and all the other typical statements you hear in mainstream news/media that make the Vatican look like a corrupt politician and give lots of ammunition (more like blanks) to anti-catholics.
Since I ignore most of the mainstream news (given their anti-catholic stance), I was hoping you could help me out and shed some light on this topic. Does anyone have facts, links to accurate news stories, and advice on how to respond to these anti-catholic remarks? How did the Vatican respond, what are the typical false stories and what are the actual true stories?
I know how to respond to the abuse remarks by highlighting that it is a human problem that takes place among families, schools, other denominations/religions, and other groups like the boy scouts; however I come to a wall out of a lack of knowledge on accurate information as to what the Vatican did/did not do in response to the “child abuse scandal”.
Thank you for your time, God Bless,
Kyle
Anti-Catholic attacks pertaining to the “child abuse scandal” was recently brought up and the typical statements were made; “priests should be married”, etc., etc.
However, the only roadblock that came up for me was when the following statements were made; “the vatican covered it up”, “the vatican moved priests to different churches”, “why didn’t the vatican send the priests to jail”, “the vatican thought counseling would suffice”, and all the other typical statements you hear in mainstream news/media that make the Vatican look like a corrupt politician and give lots of ammunition (more like blanks) to anti-catholics.
Since I ignore most of the mainstream news (given their anti-catholic stance), I was hoping you could help me out and shed some light on this topic. Does anyone have facts, links to accurate news stories, and advice on how to respond to these anti-catholic remarks? How did the Vatican respond, what are the typical false stories and what are the actual true stories?
I know how to respond to the abuse remarks by highlighting that it is a human problem that takes place among families, schools, other denominations/religions, and other groups like the boy scouts; however I come to a wall out of a lack of knowledge on accurate information as to what the Vatican did/did not do in response to the “child abuse scandal”.
Thank you for your time, God Bless,
Kyle