Anti-God TV Shows, sick of them

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dark_Warrior
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For about a year now. I only use the TV to allow the kids to play some video games and watch “kid” movies. I get my news from the internet and if I feel it is something worthwhile I will tell my kids about it.
 
Fr. Koesler already beat you to it! In a series of books by Kienzle, the priest acts as a consultant to the police on cases involving Catholic theology/sociology/culture. For instance, in the first one, “The Rosary Murders”, the premise is that someone is killing religion, first a nun then a priest then… and Fr. Koesler figures out that it’s the old penance, 10 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers. In another, he’s dealing with someone using santeria to bump off crime figures, etc.
I think I’ve read all but the last 2 Father K books and in each I learned something about Catholicism that I hadn’t known before.

To be fair to Booth on Bones I think he’s no different from most Catholics I know – he knows what he believes but defending those beliefs is not something he’ll spend much time on. That’s what I’ve seen from Catholics my whole life.

My circle of friends is comprised mostly of non-Catholics (Catholics are about 20% of the local population and the biggest other groups are Pentecostal & Salvation Army). No one has ever denigrated my religion although to them I’m an enigma: the parish secretary/regular church goer vs the artsy fartsy, fun loving, beer drinking middle aged woman always ready for a party.
 
I’m so tired of all these anti-God tv shows lately.

How does that make it sound to the million of viewers?
Can you image that some are tired
to get/watch religious (tinted) shows ??

TV is an open platform / source !!
For about a year now. I only use the TV to allow the kids to play some video games and watch “kid” movies. I get my news from the internet and if I feel it is something worthwhile I will tell my kids about it.
I disagree on such education !! Why ??
What if your kids (later on) on school ,
at friends , on the street , at family
hear or see all kind of damaging news ??
What if they ask you questions ??
Or what if they watch TV at friends or family ??

Salute & Cheers from a NON BELIEVER:
– Laurent LUG (.@…), october 25, 2008
 
And so what if they do?

At least they will have half a chance, with parents who aren’t brainwashing them into the hell-hole of Godless marxism.
 
Prison(ing) your children !! Suffer the children !!

Kids are not stupid , you don’t have to tell
everything , depending on their age !!
But sooner or later they will find out , what than ??
Will you explain all their questions ??

Look , everyone raise their kids their way ,
no comments about that , but is it the right way ??

Salute & Cheers from a NON BELIEVER:
– Laurent LUG (.@…), october 25, 2008
 
Prison your children !! Suffer the children !!

Kids are not stupid , you don’t have to tell
everything , depending on their age !!
But sooner or later they will find out , what than ??
Will you explain all their questions ??

Look , everyone raise their kids their way ,
no comments about that , but is the right way ??

Salute & Cheers from a NON BELIEVER:
– Laurent LUG (.@…), october 25, 2008
Actually, yeah, there is only The Way.
 
And that is ??

Salute & Cheers from a NON BELIEVER:
– Laurent LUG (.@…), october 25, 2008
 
And that is ??

Salute & Cheers from a NON BELIEVER:
– Laurent LUG (.@…), october 25, 2008
Scroll up, okay? All the way to the top of this board. That’s right, the part where it says CATHOLIC Answers.

Or are you just here to enlighten us poor bitter dopes clinging to our Bibles?
 
I’m not here to fight catholics , why should I ??
To me , it really doesn’t matter in what you believe !!
I only gave my opinion , that’s all !!
I never said I do have the right solution !!

Salute & Cheers from a NON BELIEVER:
– Laurent LUG (.@…), october 25, 2008
 
I’m not here to fight catholics , why should I ??
To me , it really doesn’t matter in what you believe !!
I only gave my opinion , that’s all !!
I never said I do have the right solution !!

Salute & Cheers from a NON BELIEVER:
– Laurent LUG (.@…), october 25, 2008
Cheers.

Here’s a little something for ya:

Don’t sleep in the subway!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top