I have now read the article. With respect, I’m afraid I found nothing in it to persuade me that BLM, specifically, is mostly productive instead of mostly counter productive.
I would like to re emphasize that I support true movements towards peace and reconciliation among all peoples. I believe in solidarity and that there is only one race: the human race. That we are all brothers and sisters, one family. That racism is unacceptable, and violence against the innocent (of any skin tone, age, or gender) is unacceptable.
At the same time, I am personally persuaded, at this time, that the specific organization called BLM is,
unfortunately (I’d rather this weren’t so), engaged in counter productive activities, including employing untruthful statements (or using other techniques that produce an effect of dishonestly, e.g. framing a topic in a way that invisibilizes relevant facts to the point that a lie is effectively told), employing violence, and amplifying aggressions and reflexively recreating ‘us versus them’ rhetoric on a loop, instead of working to share a new single story of ‘us’.
In my human experience, there are constructive ways to move a cause forward, and there are counter productive efforts that actually move the cause backward. It is my personal view that BLM moves their alleged cause backward. For this reason, I support other efforts towards shared community and peace that I consider more fruitful.
I’ll step back now and allow others to answer your question with their own voices.

God bless you, friend.