D
dronald
Guest
This has been on my mind recently in regards to those declared Saints within the Catholic Church.
I ask that you please correct me if I have made any errors in regards to this belief, but to my best knowledge the people in the Catholic Church do not canonize the Saints, rather God does. The visible Catholic Church is the instrument in which God reveals who has been Canonized and in turn it can be declared that such a person is a Saint.
With this in mind, I also know that the belief is that there are many Saints who have not been revealed to have been Canonized even though God has done so. So my question is as follows; are there any Canonized Saints who are ambiguous within history and yet it has been revealed to the Church and proclaimed that such a person is a Saint?
For example, has the Church ever said, “Craig Almond is a Saint.” When people say, “Who’s that?” The Church can simply say, that they don’t know the history behind him but God has declared him a Saint through our Church and therefore we can proclaim that he is a saint.
The reason I ask is I’m confused as to why the Church would only reveal famous people as Saints if God is the one revealing the Saints to the Church. Surely God would reveal some names that we’ve never heard of if Saints do not only consist of famous historical figures. It would be interesting to know that some random “Joe Shmoe” that only God knows about was declared Canonized and the human beings of the CC have never heard of.
I ask that you please correct me if I have made any errors in regards to this belief, but to my best knowledge the people in the Catholic Church do not canonize the Saints, rather God does. The visible Catholic Church is the instrument in which God reveals who has been Canonized and in turn it can be declared that such a person is a Saint.
With this in mind, I also know that the belief is that there are many Saints who have not been revealed to have been Canonized even though God has done so. So my question is as follows; are there any Canonized Saints who are ambiguous within history and yet it has been revealed to the Church and proclaimed that such a person is a Saint?
For example, has the Church ever said, “Craig Almond is a Saint.” When people say, “Who’s that?” The Church can simply say, that they don’t know the history behind him but God has declared him a Saint through our Church and therefore we can proclaim that he is a saint.
The reason I ask is I’m confused as to why the Church would only reveal famous people as Saints if God is the one revealing the Saints to the Church. Surely God would reveal some names that we’ve never heard of if Saints do not only consist of famous historical figures. It would be interesting to know that some random “Joe Shmoe” that only God knows about was declared Canonized and the human beings of the CC have never heard of.