N
nperks2004
Guest
This is my first thread posting. My girlfriend (23)and i(24) have been dating for about 6months now and we are talking about getting married. (6 months is normal in my family) I am a devout Catholic and i will not convert to any other religion. She is a evangelical protestant. I told her that i would convert if she could prove something was wrong with my Faith. Like wise she said she would convert if could prove her wrong on faith. Well i won. Now she is holding back. There are so many issues now.
- Her mom was at one time Catholic. (her reason for leaving the faith was she had bad experiances with the nuns when she was in school.
- Her father comes from a very strong protestant family
- She just signed up for classes that had to do with spiritual counceling. The college is ran by Church of the United Brethren in Christ, USA .
- There is a Catholic university in town that she could have enrolled in
- Now it seems everytime i talk to her about religion she gets mad.
- She is a youth minister at her church.
- She says she feels like she is to deep in her church and it would be so hard for her to leave now.
She is a very great girlfriend and i dont want to break up with her. She has conceided on many of her beliefs and i feel like i would just be giving up on her now. I have been saying the Rosary, Novenas, Mass and there are still promising signs. She said she has not desided yet. But I am up for all the advice in the world. I also wanted to know if there were any bible verses that might ease her pain of leaving her friends and her church. Thank you and God Bless!
