Any non-Catholic that has performed miracles?

• Thread starter Thread starter moas
  • Start date Start date
Buddha isn’t a canonized saint. Josaphat is not Buddah and Buddha is not Josaphat. They are two different people with stories that are coincidentally similar.

Buddha isn’t a canonized saint. Josaphat is not Buddah and Buddha is not Josaphat. They are two different people with stories that are coincidentally similar.
See my post #6 in this thread. The Catholic Encyclopedia says that the Buddha is a Catholic saint. He is one of the early saints, so I suspect that he did not go through the modern canonization process.

There is also a Russian saint, Barlaam of Khutyn who is different.

A friend of mine who is Eastern Orthodox was telling me about the miracle of the Holy Fire. If you look it up you’ll see what I mean.

Also, if you’ve ever read The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, it recounts several miraculous and near-miraculous occurrences. She and her family were Calvinist, I think.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the question. This isn’t really relevant, then.

Last edited:
I honestly do believe that non-Catholics could perform Miracles, if God so allowed it, although to be more precise, it wouldn’t really be them performing Miracles, it would be God performing Miracles through them.

I honestly do believe that non-Catholics could perform Miracles, if God so allowed it, although to be more precise, it wouldn’t really be them performing Miracles, it would be God performing Miracles through them.
I totally agree…and feel it to be the same for a Catholic?

It’s the same way as the man who was not one of Jesus’ followers was able to cast out demons in Jesus’ name.

Unfortunately, one problem we have with a lot of alleged “non-Catholic miracles” is that non-Catholic churches, with the exception of Coptic/ Orthodox, don’t seem to have a rigorous investigation process for looking into whether some happening was truly miraculous. I tend to agree with adam that God can certainly work a miracle through a non-Catholic, but without any sort of investigatory confirmation, we have no means of verifying the miracle.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, one problem we have with a lot of alleged “non-Catholic miracles” is that non-Catholic churches, with the exception of Coptic/ Orthodox, don’t seem to have a rigorous investigation process for looking into whether some happening was truly miraculous.
Indeed.
I know of a Pentecostal church in my area used to claim regular miracles that one would expect would be very disruptive and cause a lot of attention…but nothing ever showed in the news.

Hi, from what I understand, a saints miracles are like God’s stamp of approval.

Are there any miracles or supernatural event that is recognized by the Catholic Church that is associated with a person who hasn’t died Catholic? If not, what would be the closest? Someone like Rasputin? Thanks.
See the Old Testament.

Jesus said:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Given this, it is clear many will do wonders just using his name, however, they know him not. Their actions demonstrate what is important. He knows our hearts.

During meditation, I asked a God why do we not see the miracles like we saw the apostles do? He showed me while many are seeking to follow the spirit, they are not being Led by the spirit. If they were being led, they would be in the place God wants them at the time God wants them. Then, God can show his Glory thru his children doing miracles.

I encourage my brothers and sisters to seek that relationship. When I say seek, he knows when you are thirsty. As I am on this journey and seeking, I find there are times when I don’t feel like praying and other. So I pray for a God to fill me with his spirit so I want to pray. You may be very surprised. Pray to want and thirst. Seeking this way has been amazing.

I will say if I just sat and read the Bible, it would mean nothing without knowing him. Many people preaching stay away from teaching that personal relationship with God because they are afraid of what voice you will hear. Yet, that’s like throwing the baby out with the bath water. We know the gate is narrow and few will enter the kingdom. Given that, one has to ask themself if this means 2.5+ billion Christians are entering heaven. He shows me his children seek to please the father not thru being forced but because this is where their heart is.

I have been led to some true holy people not catholic which do biblical meditation as I. I am finding when one is righteous and obeying, God truly answers their prayers more. A righteous mans prayer makes all the difference based on m experiences. I have seen some amazing miracles. God shows me any organization that claims to be him that has so much financial resources not being used on the poor is not of him. Yet, he shows me a few here and there in those organizations that are of him. This could be a Catholic, Protestant or non denominational.

It is not a miracle when rain stops, it is simply a change in weather.

Buddha is not a Catholic saint. He didn’t even believe in God!!! He was agnostic (at best) And he invented a false religion. Why would someone who is agnostic and makes up their own non-Catholic religion be venerated in the Catholic Church? 🙂

Buddha is not a Catholic saint. … Why would someone who is agnostic and makes up their own non-Catholic religion be venerated in the Catholic Church?
See my post #5 in this thread. That includes a link to the Catholic Encyclopedia’s entry for Barlaam and Josaphat. That entry explains how the Buddha became a Catholic, and Orthodox, saint.

See my post #5 in this thread. That includes a link to the Catholic Encyclopedia’s entry for Barlaam and Josaphat. That entry explains how the Buddha became a Catholic, and Orthodox, saint.
How do you answer the argument that Josaphat was really not Buddha but a different person with a similar life.

You would have to ask the Catholic Encyclopedia that.

From the Buddhist point of view all the previous Buddhas would have had similar lives, as will the Maitreya, the future Buddha.

Back