AP Report Oct 22 2020 "Plot thickens over origins of pope’s civil union endorsement"

• Thread starter Thread starter IanM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is different. We had to make our provisions for our children while living there in case anything should happen to my husband and me

I am saying that a parent has every right to disinherited a child, period.

And, obviously, you don’t agree with my opinion and I don’t agree with yours. Thank you for clarifying.

Since the Church hasn’t stated either way, your opinion and my opinion are equally irrelevant to anyone else. But, for the sake of arguing, no…it’s based on fairness. Please give me a scenario where you would disinherit y our child.

I may very well leave my youngest son out of my will. He has a very good very good income, may well leave it to our grandchildren in a trust.

I know one guy who’s ex wife and children tried to murder him, he is worth several million dollars and he plan on leaving it to St judes.

fairness Is Feelings

Last edited:
No. Fairness isn’t feelings. Is it feelings to buy each kid the same number of Christmas gifts? Or is it feelings to allow each child to choose 1 extracurricular activity? Fairness and justice are the same thing. The scenarios you illustrated are…well, extreme. So they would warrant extreme measures. That’s not being unfair. Do you think it’s ok to disinherit your child if they’re gay? Won’t major in the subject you chose for them? Won’t dress a certain way? Marry a certain person? That’s more along the lines of the original post.

Are those kids and ex-wife in jail who tried to murder that one guy?

Last edited:
I dont know anyone removed from a will for just being gay. I am sure it happens but I have never met anyone.

I do know one child that was not in the will, but the child hated his parents with a passion. From the age of 18, he came out, and he moved out and never spoke to his parents again(they tried several times to speak to him) or his siblings(I think he spoke to his sibling off and on). Both the parent and the sibling said all of the kids were treated the same in a loving household. but bother parent died in their 50’s and left him out of the will. He had not spoke to them in 28 or 30 years. He tried to sue saying it wasnt fair. Was it?

You can not measure what is fair.

Technically, legally, it’s the parents money and they can do whatever they want with it. If they want to leave it all to the mailman, that’s within their legal rights. Having said that, I dont’ agree with what those parents did. I don’t have to agree. No one has to agree with how I handle my will. Nor do I care. You probably wouldn’t approve of a lot of things my family does. Is it an issue? Of course not.

Last edited:
I just wish the Pope would stop sticking his foot into other peoples mouths

Sorry you don’t believe in prayer. What do you think should be done?

I believe in prayer, I think francis needs to think before he speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back