Appropriate day for a party?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VeritasLuxMea
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
but there is nothing wrong with what he does watching football can be very relaxing 😃
But I don’t think I would have to explain that it isn’t the sports I objected to rather than treating the Holy day like any normal day. God loved us into existence and gave us 7 days a week, asking us only to put aside one day as sacred to Him. Treating the day like any normal day, intentionally or unintentionally is always wrong. The former being far more gravely offensive.
 
But I don’t think I would have to explain that it isn’t the sports I objected to rather than treating the Holy day like any normal day. God loved us into existence and gave us 7 days a week, asking us only to put aside one day as sacred to Him. Treating the day like any normal day, intentionally or unintentionally is always wrong. The former being far more gravely offensive.
So outside of Mass, which is our only Sunday obligation, what should we do? Should dairy farmers tell their cows, sorry, it’s Sunday, cann’t milk ya not once, but twice today! Should grain farmers, normally in a race to get their crop in before winter, park the combines on Sunday?

Should the famous Iowa State Fair, going on right now, completely shut down on Sunday’s? There is Mass celebrated on the fairgrounds for those who want to attend on the two Sunday’s of the fair.

So it was wrong for my Grandma to make a big roast beef dinner on Sunday’s following Mass only to spend the rest of the day relaxing, reading the Sunday paper and when we visited, watching football?

I often volunteer bartend on Sunday’s at my Elks Lodge. The club room opens at noon on Sunday’s, more than enough time for people to attend the church of their choice.
 
So outside of Mass, which is our only Sunday obligation, what should we do? Should dairy farmers tell their cows, sorry, it’s Sunday, cann’t milk ya not once, but twice today! Should grain farmers, normally in a race to get their crop in before winter, park the combines on Sunday?

Should the famous Iowa State Fair, going on right now, completely shut down on Sunday’s? There is Mass celebrated on the fairgrounds for those who want to attend on the two Sunday’s of the fair.

So it was wrong for my Grandma to make a big roast beef dinner on Sunday’s following Mass only to spend the rest of the day relaxing, reading the Sunday paper and when we visited, watching football?

I often volunteer bartend on Sunday’s at my Elks Lodge. The club room opens at noon on Sunday’s, more than enough time for people to attend the church of their choice.
Well, think of it like this. We go to Mass and cease all unnecessary work on Sunday, not because it’s a precept or a tradition but because it’s Sunday and we’re bound to respect it as the Holy day it is. It isn’t a day of limitations so to speak, just a time to give things up for a day for the better part of your spirit. Afterall, the body has 6 days, it’s fair our spirit should be built up on atleast one. Genuine and dire reasons can excuse someone from the rest of course (it’s fallen nature to push this to the brim though :o).

Have a look a the links I gave you.
 
But I don’t think I would have to explain that it isn’t the sports I objected to rather than treating the Holy day like any normal day. God loved us into existence and gave us 7 days a week, asking us only to put aside one day as sacred to Him. Treating the day like any normal day, intentionally or unintentionally is always wrong. The former being far more gravely offensive.
sitting and watching football all day is nothing like a normal day atleast for me.

my normal day is class, cardio exercise or weight lifting, homework, reading, and if there is time some of my own personal enjoyments.

even though I slack off sometimes and do homework on Sunday, which I need to try and stop :(. I don’t have class I usually don’t work out at all on Sunday. During the fall I will be in-front of a TV watching Saints Football and maybe some other game after that. That to me is not normal.

but you are exactly correct 🙂

and I think you can have a party and still not treat sunday as a normal day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top