I would go with the idea of picking and choosing songs instead of artists. Well, as a seventeen year old, what I have observed are that my peers are pretty eclectic, listening to country, alternative, rock, and pop. I am not loyal to any artist, I just pick a song that I like and I look up the lyrics just in case.
That’s what I’ve noticed, too. I don’t really listen to much pop, more like rock/metal these days, or orchestral stuff. There are some songs that everyone seems to have at least heard, but for the most part, people like different things. My friends listen to everything from rock and metal, to orchestral, to techno, to country, to K-pop. Everybody’s got different tastes.
As far as artists… I can think of a few groups I like. Fireflight is consistently good. But yeah, there are a lot of cases where I really like a few songs from an artist, even if they’ve done other songs that weren’t so good (either morally, or just not very good music

).
For songs that do not involve sex, may I offer a humble suggestion? Though, it will not produce solely pop songs if followed.
I am not sure if OP is googling appropriate songs or just asking people. I am not sure how common this is, but I get a lot of my songs from Youtube tributes. There are people who post these tributes to popular fictional characters with pictures and animation and a song that he or she feels suits this character the best. Typically, these are heroes or favorite characters from animated series or video games, although I have seen some for book and movie characters. The songs that I typically find are rarely about sex and more about conflicts, both internal and external and they tell a story of sorts or can be made part of a story. And if you like a specific character, chances are that you will like the music associated with him or her, at least in my experience.
That’s what I used to do, before I started using Pandora. I still watch the video tributes sometimes, but just for the videos themselves, not to find new music. But yeah, it does yield a lot of cool songs.
I have to say, it would be much easier to list clean or mostly-clean artists if we could list CCM music. The Christian artists aren’t as well-known, of course, but if they have what you’re looking for, why not use them?
That said, I can’t really point the OP towards anything that’s more pop than rock. I’ve got lots of rock suggestions.
