Are Homosexuals Welcome in the Catholic Church?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gaddguy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaddguy

Guest
How can we encourage our gay brothers and sisters to approach Jesus through the Catholic church when so many of them feel unwelcome in the church?
 
By teaching what the Church really teaches- gay persons, like the rest of the Church, are called to a life of continence and purity. they are like any other person. We are all sinners.
 
Last edited:
In a way, it would come down to why they feel unwelcome, wouldn’t it? Although it’s good to encourage folks to come to church, it’s difficult to do if we don’t know what’s keeping them away…
 
All of us are sinners,but they can grow in love and understand that this can be healed and set free.
Nobody is going to shut the door.
 
Last edited:
In a way, it would come down to why they feel unwelcome, wouldn’t it?
Unfortunately society likes to make the Church look like the bad guy, the oppressor of fun and freedom, if you will. Society likes to say that the Church doesn’t accept Homosexuals because the Church won’t accept their form of marriage which isn’t Marriage. There are also other reasons I’m sure

But regardless of what society says. The Church’s teachings are sound in this manner and should be preached with sincerity but with compassion for those who carry this cross
 
Last edited:
I cannot judge them. If I were a homosexual, I would find it hard to join a church that would encourage me to not engage in sexual relations with people of my own sex. I am NOT saying the church is wrong or that homosexuals who think like this are right, all i am saying is that I feel empathy for them, and I hope they can find it in their hearts to join the church
 
Last edited:
Amen, brother. Dear Catholics, never stop loving your neighbors, it is the best quality you have, other than belief in the living God!
 
They are welcome.

But the problem is that practicing homosexuals believe that homosexual acts are not sinful, while the Church teaches that homosexual acts are sinful.

So it’s kind of a kin to people who don’t believe in Christ saying they don’t feel welcome in a Catholic Church because we talk about Jesus all the time.
 
But the problem is that practicing homosexuals believe that homosexual acts are not sinful, while the Church teaches that homosexual acts are sinful.
That is correct. I once fell into the heresy that the Church was wrong about Homosexual actions. But after reading about it and trying to fight the Church’s stance on this matter I decided I couldn’t deny what was being said to me. The fact that Homosexual actions are wrong is biblical, and is undeniable
 
Last edited:
…
But the problem is that practicing homosexuals believe that homosexual acts are not sinful, while the Church teaches that homosexual acts are sinful.
…
Not always, though. Just as there are married men who engage in adulterous affairs while recognizing that such affairs are sinful, likewise there are practicing homosexuals who do recognize that their acts are sinful.

The same could be said of any sin, really. It would be nice if we lived in a world where no one practiced a sin once he learns that the act is sinful. Alas, we know that’s not the case.
 
Sadly, in today’s society anything less than full-throated endorsement of the gay lifestyle is considered ‘homophobic’ and you’re branded a ‘hater’. I pray the church does not abandon it’s teachings in the name of ‘being pastoral.’
 
Sadly, in today’s society anything less than full-throated endorsement of the gay lifestyle is considered ‘homophobic’ and you’re branded a ‘hater’.
Too true. It’s saddening to see this
 
I suppose, my previous life as a heterosexual compulsive fornicator would also make me feel unwelcome. Even after I overcame this affliction , and became a faithful committed partner, I was living in sin with her. My acts were just as displeasing in the eyes of God as homosexuality. The Church will never pretend any of these actions are ok. We don’t get a vote in Gods rules.
 
40.png
phil19034:
…
But the problem is that practicing homosexuals believe that homosexual acts are not sinful, while the Church teaches that homosexual acts are sinful.
…
Not always, though. Just as there are married men who engage in adulterous affairs while recognizing that such affairs are sinful, likewise there are practicing homosexuals who do recognize that their acts are sinful.

The same could be said of any sin, really. It would be nice if we lived in a world where no one practiced a sin once he learns that the act is sinful. Alas, we know that’s not the case.
Agreed… perhaps I should have said the gay activists.
 
…
So it’s kind of a kin to people who don’t believe in Christ saying they don’t feel welcome in a Catholic Church because we talk about Jesus all the time.
Right.

There’s a difference between being “welcome” and expecting the Church to change what we know to be the difference between right and wrong.
 
I hear someone who had ssa was considered for canonization. If a popular figure of living in such a state in holiness could make the rounds it could help.
 
The Church will never pretend any of these actions are ok. We don’t get a vote in Gods rules.
True. The Church is not a democracy. It’s not the will of the people. It’s the will of God that the Church listens to
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top