Are You Humble?

• Thread starter Thread starter WhiteDove
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This a catch-22 question, WhiteDove. By admitting being so, one takes pride in oneā€™s own humility! :eek:

Blessings,
Shoshana

40.png
WhiteDove:
Are you humble??? šŸ˜ƒ
Dearest Whitdove

I donā€™t know, am I???:rotfl: I suppose just like somethings we donā€™t recognise about ourself, we donā€™t also know what our virtues are and if we are humble we could always say we are not humble enough!!

There is no humble answer to this question of yoursā€¦šŸ˜ƒ

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

WhiteDove,

I gave you my response without even looking at your pollā€¦my badā€¦sorry.

I seem to fall back into pride quite easily. Itā€™s such a struggle! :confused:

The ā€œhumbler I think I am the prouder I amā€ā€¦šŸ˜› Iā€™m not humble even though I wish I wereā€¦ PRIDE -PRIDE- PRIDE :cool:
WhiteDove, why do you ask these stupid questions when you already know the answers??? :tsktsk:šŸ˜ƒ

Dear friends

Itā€™s no secret that we all suffer from the seven deadly sins and itā€™s no secret that in some way we are all virtuous also. I suppose it is getting more of the virtues and less of the sinsā€¦lifetime battle and walk.

Actually Iā€™m proud to be a sinner, Iā€™m in good company, everyone I am friends with confesses!!! šŸ˜ƒ

You know if you think about this question for long enough we will all end up scrupulous ā€¦šŸ˜ƒ

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

after reading Imitation of Christ I have found that being humble is my biggest struggle. I find that 30 years of bing so prideful is extremly hard to over come. But I will not give up!šŸ‘

40.png
Shoshana:
This a catch-22 question, WhiteDove. By admitting being so, one takes pride in oneā€™s own humility! :eek:

Blessings,
Shoshana
I must agree šŸ˜‰

40.png
MonicaC:
after reading Imitation of Christ I have found that being humble is my biggest struggle. I find that 30 years of bing so prideful is extremly hard to over come. But I will not give up!šŸ‘
Code:
Monica, after 30 years? try 54! šŸ˜›

Anyway, my pride was hidden in a low self-esteemā€¦go figureā€¦ smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_113.gif
Blessings,
Shoshana

Iā€™m told as you grow in sanctity you begin to see more clearly how far from perfection you are. Saints never see themselves as Saints. Rather they consider themselves to be vile worms. So the truly humble person cannot answer your question. He must say NO!!!

Did I ever mention what a lowly, unworthy, pitiful soul I am? I am utterly vile and repulsively odious to all. Oh, how can I reconcile myself??? Alas and Alack!!!

I know I need work in this department and any suggestions would be appreciated.šŸ™‚

**I AM THEE MOST HUMBLEST GUY IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE! :tiphat: **

[Numbers 12:3](http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers 12:3&version=31)
Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.

*Note: Moses wrote the book of Numbers.

I donā€™t think that admitting humility is an act of pride. It is an honest assesment of the virtues that God has brought to maturation in a saintly personā€™s life. What becomes sinful is when we see that humility as solely our doing.

Rich

Windmill said:
[Numbers 12:3](http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers 12:3&version=31)
Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.

*Note: Moses wrote the book of Numbers.

I donā€™t think that admitting humility is an act of pride. It is an honest assesment of the virtues that God has brought to maturation in a saintly personā€™s life. What becomes sinful is when we see that humility as solely our doing.

Rich

:hmmm: ā€¦ never thought about it that wayā€¦just been having a little bit of the ā€œsilliesā€ ā€¦some of us have been over this subject beforeā€¦ good pointsā€¦

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back