Are You SICK of the Coverage Concerning Jackson's Molestation Trial?

• Thread starter Thread starter Lilyofthevalley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lilyofthevalley

I am sure as heck am, and can’t figure out why it’s in the top 3 or 4 news headlines. Anyone else?

Sorry about the typo in the poll!

Thank you!

This is so stupid, it like every 6 months this stuff get shoved down our throat. Every station goes on and on as if there is no real news to talk about.

jlw, what I don’t understand is how people are so facinated with a PERSON they see on T.V or the stage.

All it does is promote a very sick man who lives a very sick life. That he has disfigured himself in an effort to be something he is not is evidence enough. Pray for his children.

Lisa N

That he has disfigured himself in an effort to be something he is not is evidence enough.​

The whole family is pretty wacky, unfortunately. 😦

I voted “No” because, frankly, I have not been following it. Whenever there is a news item that does not interest me I simply change the channel. The radio station I listen to offers very little in the way of coverage of this trial, so the little I do get is enough to satisfy my curiosity.

40.png
Lilyofthevalley:
jlw, what I don’t understand is how people are so facinated with a PERSON they see on T.V or the stage.
We are an entertainment celebrity gossip audio-visual driven culture.

A culture driven by what’s interesting (usually titilating and shallow)instead of being interested (thought, work, creation, “meaning of life” kind of stuff).

Increasingly, I believe it has to do with our fallen nature, that we are fascinated by “bad news” rather than the good news (hey, there’s a double meaning there!). Secular society must escape the shallowness and emptiness of their own lives by focusing on the worst of OTHERS.

They are either self-righteous in it: “I’m not THAT screwed up!”
OR
They are confirmed in it: “Hey, Bill did it, I can too!”

Either way, we lose. It’s how the father of lies likes it.

As with any famous trial:

Tell me the charges when they happen

Let me know the verdict when it comes out

Let me know the sentence (if applicable)

Let me know when the sentence is complete (if applicable)

But I do NOT need to know every single detail - especially the day to day of the trial.

Catholic Dude, it’s like the media is dumbing us down further. Nothing is really covered in depth and when it is, it’s fluff, like Jackson, or some other celebrity.​

JLW, exactly, it’s shallowness. 😦

I have the solution. Put OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson in a steel cage match and whoever is able to walk out under their own power is innocent.

40.png
Lilyofthevalley:

Catholic Dude, it’s like the media is dumbing us down further. Nothing is really covered in depth and when it is, it’s fluff, like Jackson, or some other celebrity.​

JLW, exactly, it’s shallowness. 😦
Well it was amusing today…NOT! Another Jackson Whacko scene. I was rooting for the Judge to just slam him in jail and revoke his bond for not showing. Judge even had the warrent signed and ready. Wouldn’t you know…he finally showed…5 minutes after the deadline. 😦

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
I have the solution. Put OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson in a steel cage match and whoever is able to walk out under their own power is innocent.
Winner must fight Robert Blake or Martha Stewart to wear the belt!!

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Ha! I love it!

I was in the gym around noon today and this guy on the cross-trainer next to me wouldn’t let me and the some other guy watch the Maryland game because he wanted to see if Jackson would show up to the trial today. I said, “Who cares? You can read it on the news later! Two people here want to see Maryland play!” He just ignored me though. I get a little testy when someone doesn’t let me watch my team play.

40.png
StratusRose:
Ha! I love it!

I was in the gym around noon today and this guy on the cross-trainer next to me wouldn’t let me and the some other guy watch the Maryland game because he wanted to see if Jackson would show up to the trial today. I said, “Who cares? You can read it on the news later! Two people here want to see Maryland play!” He just ignored me though. I get a little testy when someone doesn’t let me watch my team play.
I get testy when I want REAL News and have MJ taking up my News time. :mad: foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150001,00.html

I neither watched nor read anything about the Simpson trial and I have neither watched nor read anything about the Jackson trial.

I don’t see why anyone cares about either case or should.

What do Michael Jackson and Kmart have in common?
(do a google search for the answer)

Being from Santa Maria, California where thise 3 ring circus is taking place - ABSOLUTELY I AM SICK OF IT!!!

40.png
StratusRose:
Ha! I love it!

I so know what you mean! I was so upset when they interrupted my Rockets playoff game to show the OJ car chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back