I
Ianjo99
Guest
As much as this topic is dead, I just thought I would give my two cents.
I thought it was assumed that angels are higher than humans in this world, but upon entrance into heaven, then humans become “higher” in the celestial sense. Not really basing this off of a particular theologian per se, but my train of thought indicates that Jesus in his risen state is a sort of precursor to humans being given sanctifying grace. Not that humans become God, but that his resurrection was a foretelling of our own in Christ.
Also, I read something that mentioned priests being “higher” or “more powerful” for lack of a better term in that they could grant absolution through God, while no angel in heaven can do the same.
And while this may be myth, I believe there is an old tale about a priest who just got ordained that was granted a vision of his guardian angel. This angel would always go before him before his ordination. Afterwards, the angel waited on the priest to go before it.
Not too much help, but that is my take on the whole thing.
I thought it was assumed that angels are higher than humans in this world, but upon entrance into heaven, then humans become “higher” in the celestial sense. Not really basing this off of a particular theologian per se, but my train of thought indicates that Jesus in his risen state is a sort of precursor to humans being given sanctifying grace. Not that humans become God, but that his resurrection was a foretelling of our own in Christ.
Also, I read something that mentioned priests being “higher” or “more powerful” for lack of a better term in that they could grant absolution through God, while no angel in heaven can do the same.
And while this may be myth, I believe there is an old tale about a priest who just got ordained that was granted a vision of his guardian angel. This angel would always go before him before his ordination. Afterwards, the angel waited on the priest to go before it.
Not too much help, but that is my take on the whole thing.