M
misericordie
Guest
Hello all, I currently work in a Church rectory here in Manhattan, and it is run by a new VERY authoritarian NEW religious Institue. The Pastor is great: a little stoic but a patient and kind man: very considerate of his employees.
Things have changed though since a NEW assistant to the pastor was named (priest of the SAME Institute: about 31-32 years old). He is very beligerant and arrogant: he even told the poor woman who cleans that he wants his shirts hand washed. He GIVES orders like a Marine seargent and does not tolerate ONE mistake on the parish bulletin, etc. Many people of the parish have been taliking about his pompous attitude(and he is a RELIGIOUS priest) and he treats lay people as if they are WAY below him and stupid. Today I reminded him that the bulletin needed to be re-viewed by him (i prepare half of the bulletin) and he said: "I know!!! You don’t have to tell me!! In a very nasty way as an adult would speak to a child who just did something bad. I really am getting very frustrated at this priest, and God knows I am holding my temper BECAUSE I need the job at this time. But God knows I don’t know how long before I stand up and get in his face too.
The institute/order seems to train their priests(most) that we LAY MEN AND WOMEN are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY below them. Is this okay?? Is this BAD example what Christ would do??
WHAT SHOULD I DO, please help me: my patience is shrinking.:banghead:
Things have changed though since a NEW assistant to the pastor was named (priest of the SAME Institute: about 31-32 years old). He is very beligerant and arrogant: he even told the poor woman who cleans that he wants his shirts hand washed. He GIVES orders like a Marine seargent and does not tolerate ONE mistake on the parish bulletin, etc. Many people of the parish have been taliking about his pompous attitude(and he is a RELIGIOUS priest) and he treats lay people as if they are WAY below him and stupid. Today I reminded him that the bulletin needed to be re-viewed by him (i prepare half of the bulletin) and he said: "I know!!! You don’t have to tell me!! In a very nasty way as an adult would speak to a child who just did something bad. I really am getting very frustrated at this priest, and God knows I am holding my temper BECAUSE I need the job at this time. But God knows I don’t know how long before I stand up and get in his face too.
The institute/order seems to train their priests(most) that we LAY MEN AND WOMEN are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY below them. Is this okay?? Is this BAD example what Christ would do??
WHAT SHOULD I DO, please help me: my patience is shrinking.:banghead: