[Article] Apprehending Apokatastasis: The Incoherence of Everlasting Perdition

• Thread starter Thread starter Mythicalbio
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The call to eternal life depends entirely on God’s “ gratuitous initiative ” (CCC 1998) — but this allows a “ free response to his grace ” from “ each person ” (CCC 600).
Yes, we all freely respond when God calls us to heaven, but THE HEART OF THE MATTER IS:
Who made the decision for our call to heaven and how God prepares us to freely say yes to His call to heaven?

WHO MADE THE DECISION FOR OUR CALL TO HEAVEN?

CCCS 1996-1998; “This call to eternal life is supernatural, coming TOTALLY from God’s decision and surpassing ALL power of human intellect and will.”
Ante prævisa merita
Asserts that God, by an absolute decree and without regard to any future supernatural merits, predestined from all eternity certain men to the glory of heaven, and then, in consequence of this decree, decided to give them all the graces necessary for its accomplishment.
John 15:16; You did not chose Me, but I chose you.
The answer is: OUR CALL TO HEAVEN IS TOTALLY AND SOLELY GOD’S DECISION, IT WAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US.

THE WORKS OF GOD IN US BETWEEN CCC 1998 AND CCC 600, FOR THE REASON TO SAY YES TO HIS CALL.

Ez.36:26-27;

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

27And I will put my Spirit in you and cause you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
CCCS 1990-1991; “In this gift, faith, hope, charity, and OBEDIENCE TO GOD’S WILL are given to us.”

CCCS 1996-1998; Justification comes from grace (God’s free and undeserved help) and is given to us to respond to his call.
This call to eternal life is supernatural, coming TOTALLY from God’s decision and surpassing ALL power of human intellect and will.”
CCC 308 "For God is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
Far from diminishing the creature’s dignity, this truth enhances it.
There is a supernatural intervention of God in the faculties of the soul, which precedes the free act of the will, (De fide dogma).
Aquinas said, "God changes the will without forcing it . But he can change the will from the fact that he himself operates in the will as he does in nature,” De Veritatis 22:9. 31. ST I-II:112:3. 32. Gaudium et Spes 22; "being …
CCC 2022; The divine initiative (supernatural intervention of God in the faculties of the soul) in the work of grace precedes, prepares, and elicits the free response of man. – We can but we never resist God’s graces.
Acts 13:48; … as many as had been appointed for eternal life believed. – Not even one former unjust, idolaters, drunkards, etc. said no to God’s call to heaven.
As we see Neithan, God is at work in us, He himself operates in our wills, both to will and to work for His good pleasure, so we all freely say yes to his call to heaven.
This is above all and more happening the way God prepares us between CCC 1998 and CCC 600 for say yes to His call to heaven.
God bless

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back