Ask me anything - Non Catholic Christian

• Thread starter Thread starter charsan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Presence of Christ in our Liturgy
My question was not the Liturgy, my question was solely the Eucharist, you said that you have the Eucharist.

Please answer yourself, rather then a link, my question.

I gave you the best I could and that is all I have. Take or leave it

I gave you the best I could and that is all I have. Take or leave it
Do you understand what the Eucharist is? Let us start there. Because this is quite a crucial point.

What is the Eucharist in the Catholic Church

This one will go about as good as the other active thread by basically the same name.

I am not here to argue, thank you for your time
I am not here to argue with you. You said your church has the Eucharist and Succession.
I asked what your church believed about your Communion, was it the real Body Blood Soul and Divinity of Jesus, and if so , who confected it.

You answered that you had the real presence of Christ in the Liturgy. This is a very separate question.

The Eucharist is Communion, where in the Catholic Church , the wafer of bread becomes the real Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ, Confected by the priest though his consecrated hands.

I asked you about the communion wafer in your church. It is not an argument.

I was a Catholic at one time and I do a huge study before I chose my current church. I am not sure I can say why I left he Catholic Church on the forum. I wanted to find a place that was not falling to liberalism
And you found the Catholic church to be more liberal than the Episcopal church??!!

And you found the Catholic church to be more liberal than the Episcopal church??!!
As I said earlier I am not in the Episcopal Church at all, my Church is the Charismatic Episcopal Church we are in no way affiliated with the Episcopal Church USA

The Eucharist is Communion, where in the Catholic Church , the wafer of bread becomes the real Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ, Confected by the priest though his consecrated hands.
As happans in our Church also. I am not stupid I was a Catholic for close to 25 years. Thank you for your question

There’s a thread called “I’m a Protestant, ask me anything” that’s active right now…maybe 2.

I expect this to go the same way.

I don’t know about that since I fundamentally disagree with evangelicals whole sale. I do not believe in sola scriptura for one thing so we are quite different, I believe in Holy Tradition, the Communion of Saints, praying to the Saints. You will not find that in typical evangelical stuff that is for sure

Welcome to CAF. What is your view on the Anglican ordinariates? What drew you to the Charismatic Episcopal Church instead of the other Anglican communities for example any of the Continuum churches?

40.png
charsan:
My Church has the Eucharist and Apostolic succession
Is your Eucharist truly the Body, Blood , Soul and Divinity of Jesus, and if so, who convects it? Only Catholic Priests that are consecrated in the Church can confect the Eucharist.
I am a little confused.

Please explain what Apostolic Succession your church has and how it is achieved.
That is not correct. As GKMotley explained earlier in the thread the RCC maintains that any priest or bishop who was validly ordained in the Catholic Church retains their ordination and Apostolic Succession even if they leave the Church. They are able to validly though illicitly administer the sacraments. A bishop outside the Church can also validly ordain future priests though it would also be illicit. That all of course assumes the proper form and intent are used.

So if you are not in the Episcopal church why is it called Charismatic Episcopal
church.

I once attended a Charismatic Episcopal church and it was still an Episcopal
church.

So if you are not in the Episcopal church why is it called Charismatic Episcopal
church.
It’s called “Episcopal” because it has bishops.

Just like the African Methodist Episcopal Church. It is not both Methodist and Anglican. It’s simply an African Methodist church with an episcopal authority structure.

Last edited:
So it is not a liturgical church and does not use any part of the Book of Common
prayer?

So it is not a liturgical church and does not use any part of the Book of Common
prayer?
As the OP stated earlier:
The Church I go to is called three streams because we marry Charismatic, Evangelical, and Liturgical. Heavy on the Liturgical and Evangelical like Pope John Paul 2 spoke of and Charismatic like the Charismatic movement in the Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back